Brand Boycott

What brand have you solemnly sworn never to buy again?

amd

Intel, Nvidia, and Microsoft.
After a lot of problems with all three of them.

Asus
Razer
LG

Scamsung.

Cooler Master

I bought 3 products from them for my build: PSU, Heatsink, Fans

Their most expensive flagship PSU died on me in less than 8 months and the cables were too short for back routing/clean management.

Their heatsink fans busted their bearings and made a horrible clicking sound

Their fans are alright, but the cables weren't short again.

Msi

Apple, they fucked me in several ways.

>iPad 3 was slow as fuck after one year thanks to iOS 7
>iPhone 5 battery died TWO times
>MacBook air trackpad click died after two years

Evga: psu killed itself and they pretty much refused to do anything

Sapphire: Gpu did an kill and they didn't do anything and said "you're the reason it blew up, it's your fault so we won't refund you".

Overkill. EA.

ill never buy a gnu product again

Trump organization and Sup Forums user pass.

evga is such a fucking shit company. if you don't register your product they shorten the length of your warranty, and their warranty service is complete trash to begin with. despite that people still eat their ass.

razer, I got an ourouboros mouse as gift and it didn't even last two years before braking. all my previous cheap ass mouses hold forever.

Me too

Seen 2 dead chargers, 3 chargers among by friends with cable about to break off.

Laptops and imac overheat like a motherfucker.

HDD crashes and fucking beachball of death before any serious task.

It really is a $2000 facebook machine.

razer
xiaomi

surprisingly the best experience i have had is with apple. both my ipads are smooth af. i even have a 8 year old ipod touch still works.

In my 25+ years of computing. I have used maybe 5 mice. All of them were under $15, lasted 5 years or more.

I see no point in getting overpriced rice mice. Don't care for gaymen, so that aspect of marketing is dead to me.

LG - because their phones are shit and let me and my family down

Sandisk - because i remember putting their shit u3 software in usb flash disks which cannot be removed. i got mad at them because one day i tried to boot from usb and that wasn't possible thanks to that permanent u3 partition.

Sony - they refused to repair my 3 months old mp3 player that is still in warranty, also their phones are shit.

Are you fucking me? This is exactly my experience.

razer products last for two years and start breaking down like clockwork. ghost clicking, ghost scrolling and all kinds of shit

Bought a xiaomi fitness band. Dead within 6 months.

It would cost me more to drive to the service center than to buy a new one online. I didn't do either.

I thought xiaomi was supposed to have good build quality.

fuck, same.

logitech g400s is amazing though. been using it for 4 years already and it still works fine.

i have redmi 3 and besides shitty camera it's really nice phone for the money

Thermaltake
Bought a PSU for my first build, PC starts randomly shutting down sometimes and just one day it died.
Did a RMA and the new PSU dies within 30 min with a bang

>be me
>own a xiaomi mi3
>sudden white screen and phone wont switch on
>take it to the service centre
>customer exec says he'll try
>get no call from them
>call them after two weeks
>says he was on vacation and he'll call me after two days
>another week and no call
>i call back and he says he can't repair it
>charges a fee for looking into it
ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT! This is why i think it's better to stick to established brands.

oh yeah, I forgot the chargers with the self-destructing cables, happens to me too.

Now I have a cheap as fuck Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, upgraded the HDD to a SSD, and honestly don't miss anything. It's ugly but gets the work done.

This. Also Nvidia.

I don't have brand loyalty, I buy what I feel is the best at a good price.

Apple

why is your hardware proprietary, freetards? don't you need something that respects muh freedum?

Fiat

I don't want to ever buy an Apple product again.

fuck you

MSI maybe because the board I have is just so shitty that I don't even want to know

Seagate because I had 5 hard drives fail on me after a few months, while every other brand I bought didn't fail

Blackberry because they promised and kept promising a nice update that was almost finished for the playbook tablet and then ended up just running away with it

I don't have much against any other company really

I'm currently boycotting AMD, Apple, MSI, Razer, AOC, M$, Google, Steam, EA, Uplay, and anything islam

I boycott all chink shit.

Intel and nVidia mostly. Their business practices are repugnant. Other than that? Biostar because their boards fucking suck.

>Sapphire: Gpu did an kill and they didn't do anything and said "you're the reason it blew up, it's your fault so we won't refund you"

Yes sapphire is pretty bad. Sapphire "PGS" is also as bad, so paying a huge premium with them doesn't even save you any trouble.

gigabyte.
sold me a motherboard that said it was fine for a quad core cpu. after only a month it blew caps and died. took my amd quad core cpu with it.
turns out it was just an older dual core motherboard they slapped a sticker on.

All besides chinkshit.

canon for their unreliable printers that never detect paper and bitfenix for their flimsily made cases

Razer
Microsoft
HP

Micropajeet and Samshit, fuck them.

Anything from companies based in the country of China.

I don't want Motorola phones after the Lenovo acquisition, but some of the g and Moto Play phones look really good

For computers, I refuse to buy anything that isn't AMD, MSI, or Corsair.

2 Intel Extreme Points™ have been deposited to your account. Combo up for a double bonus!

If ASUS doesn't send me the rebate soon, then ASUS.

I liked Sapphire though, for the HD5850 I bought way back when. That card's still going strong now, just in my dad's office PC. Was a real solid card back when I bought it.

Huawei

>There are people that swear off entire companies because they have a single bad experience with one example of their products in millions of samples of thousands of product lines.
You might be high-functioning, but you're still on the spectrum.

OnePlus
MSI

HP

First HP Pavilion dv4-2160us, gorgeous laptop, cost near to 1k when it came out with every add on, DIES ONE WEEK LATER AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRES. Bad Motherboard.

HP ElitePad 900, Nice little kinda powerful Windows Tablet. One day won't turn on, was charged. Bought a new charger, new cable, nothing, +50usd wasted. Tablet is dead, no way to recover the information, Fuck you HP

FUCK YOUUUUU

Hewlett Packard & Electronic Arts

None, I buy whatever suites my budget at the time. Brand loyalty is mental retardation and so is swearing on your virginity to never buy a brand again because you had one bad past experience.

samsung
apple
kingston
hp
toshiba
genius

every brand that goes to my blacklist already have failed me at least once.

Fuck off Tim.

HP Printers.

I had three almost brand new ones fail on me three times in a row.

Razer, Corsair (sans cases, their cases are great but their keyboard and peripherals are ass), and LG.

Are you autistic?

Microsoft, Google, and Apple. they can take their fag-pandering and shove it up their asses.

EVGA - muh housefires
Acer - shitty cheap plastic everywhere
Gainward - shitty quality control
Thermaltake - shitty products
Sony - shitty android phones, tablets and tv's, shitty "Pro" cameras with lens mounts falling off

Apple. Never have I had a laptop fuck up in so many ways as my 2009 Macbook Pro. After only 2 years, it had:

1. Completely broken disk drive
2. Dented aluminum effectively making the ethernet port a pain to get anything into
3. Dented and cracked screen
4. Failing fan
5. Failing hard disk controller. Not the disk itself, the controller that communicates with it. I could replace the HDD all day long, but I would not be able to have a machine that is not slow as molasses without replacing the fucking motherboard itself.
6. Not one, but two magsafe cords with destroyed shielding.

The lack of proper ventilation also meant that CPU often reached temperatures of 96 degrees Celsius when under a basic load.

They're fragile pieces of shit that can't last the test of time. And each year, they produce laptops with less features than the last generation just to make the damn thing thinner. I don't need a laptop that is thinner than the width of my pinkie. I need a laptop that will serve as my main and only workstation that follows me wherever I go. I don't want your USB-C crap. I don't own a single peripheral that uses it, and I don't want to buy a fucking adapter. I also don't want to use your shitty OS that you care so little about that you'll wait 6 fucking months to release a patch to a critical security vulnerability that allows for root escalation.

>EA.
This, except in the case if they magically fire management and start producing good, finished games under good conditions.
But since the majority of gaymurs take it in the butt, that's an unlikely scenario.

Razer, bought an Xbox 360 controller from them back in the day and it literally broke within a week of light use.

Acer. Bought a cheapo IPS monitor from them that just died within a year. Sent it in to be warranty repaired(paying $25 shipping both ways) and it arrived cracked and dusty.

HP. Bought a laptop from them because it was a good deal for the specs at the time, thing overheated like a motherfucker on the regular.

Google. Just a shitty company overall, done with all their shit. I was a massive Android fanboy for a very long time(started with the HTC G1, even), but Google has went from "don't be evil" to "be as evil as possible". Android feels pretty second rate at this point to me as well.

>Are you autistic?

No. What was it specifically that triggered you?

Yup, definitely on the spectrum.

samsung
fuck that overpriced gookshit

How so user?

>I'm currently boycotting AMD, Apple, MSI, Razer, AOC, M$, Google, Steam, EA, Uplay, and anything islam

What above elicited such a hateful response from you?

Acer, always seemingly well priced, but skimp on everything they can. Crappy build quality and shit support site. Crappy drivers, cheap wifi modules iffy screens, buzzing adapters.
Never buy acer.

>Apple

Appelrinas hate you now. )*:

Microsoft - Their software is garbage and hardware is over priced low quality garbage from China.
Corsair PSU - one of their power supplies couldn't output even half of it's advertised power after 2 years and ended up burning my GPU. Luckily I had a refund on the latter.
HP Printers - they work but they always give me headaches. Plus the Ink barely lasts and expensive as fuck.
Intel - For selling me a shitty locked i5 for more than 200$. Was way before Ryzen. Overall very disappointed in them.
Budget Samsung phones - family had a few of these and they are absolutely terrible for the price. Screen is low resolution, underpowered hardware, battery barely lasts. Touchwiz also being awful didn't help.
Steel series headphones - I've had 3 (THREE) Siberia V2. Two of then died within half a year (bad cord), third current one also lost sound on one channel.

>Steel series headphones - I've had 3 (THREE) Siberia V2. Two of then died within half a year (bad cord), third current one also lost sound on one channel.
and you keep buying them why?

Fischer
Seagate
HP

Until AMD can't even compete again I am never buying intel

Adding in more that I forgot:
Lenovo laptops - bought a somewhat cheap one. Harddrive was extremely slow and constantly in 100% use for no reason, blaming their drivers for now. Build quality was absolutely terrible, the damn thing overheated like mad, so much that the plastic around the cooling area cracked and broke. The power input also broke down and barely useable after a small drop.
Acer - Plastic everywhere, My C720 chromeook has an awful screen and the battery in it barely holds 2/3 of it's original charge after 2 years. Very disappointed

>Steel series headphones

I had a pair that just killed itself. I think "gaming" headsets meme themselves are the problem.

Anything that moslems like.

They go AMD I buy Intel. They like Android I go sailfish.

Did the aluminium also look like shit after two years of handling dust etc?

NVidia is the only boycott I'm actually going to be able to keep faithfully

Are you going VIA now, user?

HP

Their website is shit, they have either missing drivers or drivers that don't work.
Had to go to pci vendor site and download working drivers from Lenovo instead

Customer support of any kind after your warranty is up is NIL, they literally tell you ask the community forums OR pay up for support.

Their consumer laptops are shit

Until something changes with HP, they won't see my money again.

>samsung laser printers too

HP is abject trash. 2017 and they're STILL pulling the motherboard 1.1 year killswitches.

Don't forget the proliant Java browser applet interfaces.

I was about to buy a used Proliant. Talk me out of it senpai

Razer, Apple, Logitech

Wanna hunt for a specific, old Java Applet version that might even only run in old shitty browsers like IE6 only with disabling all kinds of security on OSs that only support all that?
If you want all that misery, there is a good chance you get it by buying that Proliant.

Nah. That's just Jews pandering to expand their user base. Real Muslims won't buy Intel.

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Microsoft
Samsung
Acer

Fell for the xiaomi smartphone meme.

I can unironically say it was my best tech purchase yet.

What if I want to run RHEL on a proliant blade and use it just for delegating heavy computing tasks.

What used server brand should I look into?

>Benq Asus Samsung Dell LG Aoc

How would you buy a new monitor?
Acer?

Hewlett Packard

>What if I want to run RHEL on a proliant blade and use it just for delegating heavy computing tasks.
The Applet thing was for the maintenance console you'd need in case your server crashes and wasn't available by normal ssh. Apart from that, no idea.
>What used server brand should I look into?
No idea. Thank fuck I'm no fagmin.

Samsung
LG
HP
Jewtel
Xiaomi
Lenovo

nestle - but thier stuff is overpriced anyway so i dont buy it anyway
Logitech - eXXtreme prices, chinkshit build quality
Samsung/Apple - pay 80% for the brand, 20% for the product, which also underperforms
EA - buggy unpolished games, and fuck making an extra account to play somethign that i already bought

Not
>scamscum

this

AMD, SAPPHIRE, MSI, ARE ALL SHIT.