/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/
hifimediy.com/tiny-dac
schiit.com/products/magni-2
head-fi.org/f/threads/review-comparison-ath-ad900x-vs-ath-ad1000x-vs-mdr-ma900-its-still-over-900.654161/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are there other clip-on earphones that have better sound quality than Koss KSC75 that is less than 50$?

Surgery time

>Budget:
€ 150
>Location:
Netherlands
>Source:
Samsung Galaxy s6
>Type of
headphone: Bluetooth
>Open or
closed: Closed
>Comfort
level: Anything that doesn't makes my ears hurt
>Sound signature:
Neutral
>Past headphones:
Sennheiser 205

awful art

Culprit found

How the FUCK did her shirt get in between those cables? Pretty sure that's impossible.
There's no way it could've been done by accident, if it even can be done, she did it on purpose.

Detachable cable, my man.

Still could not have been done by accident.

How come headphone FR never look this flat?

>shirt
Looks like a little rag tied around her back more than anything.

Did you draw that? Because it's absolute garbage.

Your taste is absolute trash.
No I didn't draw it, of course not.

>heavily smoothed graph

hmm

They're not measured the same way, is why.

Should I bother upgrading from my ATH-M40.
They leak a lot of noise.

theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

Should this be added to the wiki and/or OP? It's a decent guide on IEMs.

what's happening here? I'm retarded

They could with a highly accurate HRTF model and equalization. Headphones would have better LF response. They need to be corrected for each listener individually.

Flat on-axis anechoic response of loudspeakers is an easy task. Managing response in a room is hard, particularly so you want a large sweet spot. It's aided by good directivity characteristics but below Schroeder frequency you'll need treatment and possibly equalization.

Clearly not heavily smoothed.

Be free my pretties!

Non detachable cable to detachable cable mod my man

Gonna have to cut out some of the plastic housing and metal grill to make fit but should be doable.

Ezpz
Time to wire this up and put the clip and grill back on.

Who wants to rage at my EQ for the DT880?
Audibly linear to 25hz, treble spike is gone, midrange is back. I might add 1-2db more above 12khz. The treble adjustment kills that range a bit.

are we just going to pretend that pic isnt nudity?

A PS4 controller won't adequately power the 250 Ohm version. Just get some cheap $10 headphones if you're plugging it into a PS4 controller. It's not like you're going to get good sound through Bluetooth.

>Budget
$60
>Location
US
>Source
My computer USB port (Standard A)
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
As long as it doesnt crush my ears
>Sound signature
Unsure, open for suggestions and recommendations

And the cancer has been successfully removed from the patient

No. KSC75 sound better than most headphones at any price point.

You could probably develop more precise treble spike removal via listening to a sine wave generator.

Welp, they just came in the mail
Anything you guys wanna see?

Recommend sombre good RF headphones that don't cut off the sound below a certain decibel or can be tuned.

Yeah, post unboxing and initial impressions

Refund

what is a DAC that best compliments the HD600s?
Right now I have an Audiobox USB and it doesn't seem like it boasts the power for them.

I don't know shit about this pls excuse me if I'm wrong.

What's your budget?

Let's say within $100

DAC is completely unrelated to headphones. They don't pair, they don't compliment.

The most affordable way to get transparent audio with plenty of headroom for quiet sources with the HD600 is the following:
hifimediy.com/tiny-dac
schiit.com/products/magni-2
Connect the tiny DAC to your PC, connect the Magni to the tiny DAC, connect your headphones to the Magni.

>Budget
200 Freedom dollars
>Location
Merica
>Source
Phone bluetooth
>Type of headphone
Wireless iem for working out
>Open or closed
Closed does not have to be noise canceling
>Comfort level
Comfy please
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
Samsung level wireless

earpods desu

Jaybird X3?

>budget
$250 USD, lower is better
>location
Eastern USA
>source
Fiio e07k and Galaxy S7
>Type
Wired, detachable cable preferred but not a big deal
>Style
Open
>Comfort
Must be very comfortable, one of the reasons I want to upgrade
>Signature
Neutral, or slightly pronounced low end. Avoid sparkling / pronounced highs
>Past headphones
Pic related

I was considering something from the Open back audio Technica line, maybe the 1000x's. Looking for something open for better ventilation and staging, and loose clamping force for better comfort than my current m40x
Sorry for the lazy shop, using some shitty mobile app from a remote location at the moment.

plz respond Sup Forums

K712 though has 2 treble peaks that can considered "bright" to some.
Somic MM185
662 EVO

The k712 is way above my listed budget user. Did you mean the 702?

>ifi iDSD Nano + Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Feels good man, but surely I can do better?

How uncomfortable would you say the m40x are?
Asking since I'm getting a pair after my previous headphones broke.

702 is nice if you can get a consistent seal though has some pronounced treble.

They are very comfortable except I have a slightly deformed ear and they hit the corner of the pads. And the band padding is a little thin, but not enough to notice really.
For reference, I have had them since they came out and I'm only now considering upgrading because I came into some extra cash
I still wear them 4-8 hours a day

Not my style then really desu senpai~

Save a little more and get an HD600 then never upgrade again.

I see, thanks a lot.

Except they will break at the band then I will need to buy another set for (((too much money)))

No problem, I really suggest them to people a lot, they're great sounding. The only thing I would consider is changing out for nice pads after a while once the stick ones get worn out

Stock*

HD 650

Did you not read the budget?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Budget:
$300
>Location:
Chile
>Source:
pc/o2+odac
>Type of headphone:
over-ear
>Open or closed:
>open
>Comfort level:
comfy
>Sound signature:
Neutral or bassy, wide soundstage

Not him, but you can easily find them used for around $200. It does sound like exactly what you're looking for.

monolith m560

iBasso D-Zero + Grado SR-60
Y los dos los puedes comprar en Mediaplayer. Hasta despachan a domicilio.

>they will break at the band
They won't if you properly stretch them first. You just need to extend the earcups all the way on both sides then carefully bend the now exposed metal until the clamp on your head is lessened but sufficient. They will never snap if you do this when you buy them.
They're often on sale for a price in your stated price range or close to it, too.

Just grab the schiit stack. Pairs well with HD600 and is all you'll ever need.

MODS please. Lets keep this board safe for work.

Gracias!, aunque si es para compras nacionales mi presupuesto seria de 300lukas considerando que pagamos casi luka el dollar para importar;
actualmente tengo los beyerdynamic custom one pro asi que no se como se comparen contra los grado SR-60

I am a big fan of buying used, but not when it comes to things that will be touching my face...

Sounds like a design flaw to me
(((Also it's a meme, I don't expect them to break on me)))
As I stated in the first post, less expensive is better and I don't want to buy something that will be pushing the boundaries of what I *could* spend.
If anything, I would prefer sub-$200, but if there is something for under $250 that is a great deal I would consider it.

Change the inside shitty cable too -_-
Or give to side jack

fuck off
T H I C K is love
T H I C K is life

drink bleach

To be very clear, extend the earcups all the way, grab the circled metal part and only the circled metal part between your thumb and forefinger at the top and bottom of the exposed metal, and carefully bend each side in a manner which pulls the earcup away from the other. You want to lessen the clamp as much as you can without going so far as to make it so they don't stay in one place on your head.
The headbands crack because you have to stretch the plastic every time you put them on at default clamping force, eventually causing a stress fracture at the top. Lessen the clamping force and this will never occur.

My nigga

>browsing Sup Forums at work
you should be fired regardless

It is a design flaw, but it is an easily remedied design flaw.
I'd look into the HD558, HD559, HD579, HD598 and HD599 if you are really strict with your budget. Sennheiser is the way to go if you want to avoid sparkling/pronounced highs.

Have you tried the ad1000x? Only reason I ask is because I looked into buying them a few years ago and they still seem enticing.
I'm not a fan of any specific company over another, just products

So got lazy and didn't want to do inbox in but initial impressions are
>how the fuck do I wear these?
>which side is left and right?
>oh its on the cables
>*Googles how to put iems in*
>wew I can't hear shit with these
>hey 24 bit FLAC sounds dank
>whoa sub bass in iems
Breddy gud/10

You wear your headphones on your face?

Haven't tried them. There's no frequency response available for them it seems, too. I did find this, though:
>that said, the AD1000X still has the characteristically airy highs of the rest of the AD line and still is not well suited for hot recordings.
head-fi.org/f/threads/review-comparison-ath-ad900x-vs-ath-ad1000x-vs-mdr-ma900-its-still-over-900.654161/
If that review is any indication you may wish to avoid it.

Opinions on the ODAC+AMP?

Sabre mini + Magni 2 won't sound any different and will be $100 less.

Mediocre.

I used to use one of those dacs with my old akg setup. I'm currently using a fulla 2 as my dac and a magni as my amp. I wonder if that dac could replace my fulla and sound exactly the same? obviously you would agree but most wouldn't. Dacs are weird.

>I wonder if that dac could replace my fulla and sound exactly the same?
It will. DACs are the new expensive cables. Total fucking snakeoil.

You seem very keen on your new dac+magni combo. I would need to hear multiple opinions. I do like the outputs on my fulla though. If I ever drop those needs I might try a cheap hifidiyme or whatever they're called again.

Just do A/B tests yourself and compare DACs. There may be some differences between a $100 DAC and a $2000 DAC and you can judge whether it's worth spending 20x for it.

I know nothing on a technical level. How do you a/b test? do I need any equipment? pls respond.

Cables are snake oil, I agree, but the implementation of the DAC chip does matter.

>the implementation of the DAC chip does matter.
Elaborate. To me, either it's transparent or it's not.

>FILE DELETED
Fucking faggot mods

Based mods banning anime shit from /hpg/ op!

>AD with detachable cable cable instead of the huge stock cable
Niice, what cable are you going to use now? I'd get a coiled cable for it, love coiled cables.

how so?

hownu.ru

/hpg/ has had anime OPs since the very beginning

It's evolved. Time to leave the trash in the past

>24 bit
What a pointless waste of storage space.
I think you should go discuss headphones on a website that wasn't created for the purpose of its creator having a place to talk about anime and manga with his friends.

I've got just the place for you

/r/headphones

You'll fit in fine.

>snap
No.
>worried
Breaking sennheiser headbands is not impossible; You could trow a brick on it and it would probably break. But it is unlikely, nevermind the troll that specializes on posting such pictures.
Re: stretching people suggest against the clamp, you could simply do nothing; they stretch naturally with use. It hurt for me on the first couple days, but that's about it. It's been months and they barely press at all anymore.

Nice and open hardware. But not very competitively priced.
The schiit stack, or even just the fulla2, are way stronger / cost contenders.

>you could simply do nothing; they stretch naturally with use.
This will stretch the plastic naturally too. It's best to just stretch the metal right off the bat to minimize the amount of stress on the plastic.