There are people who willingly use vastly inferior and bug-ridden software just because its open-source and free unlike...

>there are people who willingly use vastly inferior and bug-ridden software just because its open-source and free unlike the best program for given task

If something is not open source then you cannot be sure it is the best program for the given task because you cannot check what it is actually doing yourself.

What for example?

>there are "people" on Sup Forums who are willing to voice their opinions despite being jobless, NEET, peasant virgins

thats stupid and not always true.
for instance GIMP vs Photoshop.
up

> there are people who will willingly take your bait
> there are people on here right now who are ACTUALLY on here right now

Is that software or you telling me to look up? Spoonfeed me if it's the former.

I find it funny that the vast majority of open-source software aren't user friendly.

>Which is faster, a Bugatti Veyron or a Toyota Tercel? No way to tell without disassembling them!

linux

some people like when their software is not user friendly and requires tons of work to make usable (gentoo, arch, vim + addons) because it makes them feel smart

There's no alternative to the linux kernel.

>no better alternative

FTFY

I will bite

>vim + addons
Have you ever seen a screencast of a vim user?
Visual Studio's editor + Vim emulation cannot top the true level of a properly configurated editor.

"But it takes too much time to set it up", most of the configuration needed comes organically.

>there are people who use Windows
That's even worse!

Easy to use vs easy to begin to use

this is probably bait, but I can't help it. Have you ever actually used Arch? Takes 15 minutes to install (the install wiki is only one page btw) and another 5-10 minutes to get a desktop up and running with your software. I pacman -Syu every day, or every other day, but no less than at least once a week. 2 years now, no broken system, just everything constantly up to date and I couldn't be happier.

Where did this "Arch is hard" meme originate from? Did it used to be hard or something?

>there are people who willingly use vastly inferior and bug-ridden software just because its open-source and free unlike the best program for given task, and who complain that there are people who are using the best program for the task

>there's no alternative to linux

i think you mean theres no alt to the gpl because uh, there's a few alternatives to the Linux as an operating system for your PC.

linux is a kernel you dumb piece of shit. and there's no alternative to it.

>there are no other kernels than Linux
ok

an alternative is something that can do the same shit, dummy

>there are no other kernels than Linux
ok

Windows mentality. You know the good ol' next->accept->next->install only to discover a crapload of crapware were bundled in a software that has a MUCH better fsf approved counterpart.

yes