Back to 1990

If you were going to be sent back in time to 1990, what scientific and technological advances would you bring with you in order to try to advance society as much as possible (and become rich)? What would you try to change?

>What would you try to change?
nothing. i'd buy cheap apple stocks and pump some money into google and never work a day in my life again.

>invent bitcoin
>invent smartphone
>patent the shit out of everything and sue for the rest of my life

1. bring a usb media with information about public events, including all lottery numbers and a fuckload of patent descriptions and shit
2. become the most known and the most accurate new prophet through lottery winnings and other prophecies
3. at some point talk about a nigger and subhuman uprising that would threaten the planet in the near future.
4. watch as people establish a religion around my magnificent existence whilst cleansing the planet from all filth

>Bring a USB media to 1990
>Can't use it until 1997

Eh, good point. I read 1999 for some reason. I'll bring a stack of diskettes instead.

I'd download a bunch of academic crypto papers and software and distribute them as widely as I could both inside and outside the US. I'd try to make the internet go dark before governments could get around to trying export restrictions, CALEA, backdoors, etc.

If I were to do that, I'd simply record some pictures as still frames on a VHS tape.

>all lottery numbers
That's a good one biff. Unfortumately you'd prolly be burned at the stake, arrested or murdered. I'd hit a few big jackpots, spread around familia and enjoy life.

I always hoped that independent computer maker, could rival certain aspects of the OS monopoly by sneaking diffrent OS in different devices.

But the standarization of internet sites, with the 1% of widely used websites, just simple stoped that development.

So now we have a situation when there's no local computer markets, they don't make the hardware, all this countries suffer from monopoly practices, but somehow even with local computer production it's still as monopolic.

Bring back floppy disks loaded with data to install gentoo.

Bring that batch of floppy disk used to install Windows 7 and try to install it on an old PC.

Well we want an OS monopoly. We just want it to be a free OS, not a proprietary OS. 1990 is probably too late in the game to kill off Microsoft though.

You can't kill a monopoly with other monopoly, they are going to merge eventually and you'll create an even bigger monster.

i don't think you understand how open source software works.

>technology
I would just bring a 2015 sports almanac

>Load a BluRay with all the gambling, stocks and investments data you can
>Realise there are no BluRay players yet

Fuck all that, just hang out at a Kmart or RadioShack or something and fuck around with brand new vintage tech. Be comfy.

you could make good dough selling the winning lottery tickets

As much cracks as I could. And a decompiler.

are you a bad enough dude to add USB ports to your ISA computer?

bring a pic of 9-11, i imagine the slime would be torched pretty fucking quick after that one started making the rounds

A bunch of ASML EUVs and the designs for the best cpus.

I wouldnt do shit except find a job and work hard and save money.

As soon as bitcoin gets created, BAM! mine the shit out of it.

lelelel

Butterfly effect makes bringing back lottery numbers completely useless.

Bring back the research paper that demonstrates how Crispr-cas9 can be utilized for genetic modification

Only need to use it once and be set for life

HTML 5 type web standards to pre-emptively get rid of ecma script and shock-wave flash
a loaded up computer for them to study

Ryzen 7 1800X - Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme
r9 290x - phanteks ph tc14pe
DDR4
some Hatashi server grade HDD
what ever pcie ssd is good
full atx sized platinum rated psu
all in the smallest form factor case around
and everything needed to swap it to water cooled

Palm OS and Web OS smart phones
side kick 2 with a lithium cobalt battery swap
sandisk e140 with a 4 gig sd card
D and A/B class amps
Panasonic and alpine speakers

also an ass tonne of adapters and spares to deal with everything being so outdated
and also lots of things to tell people how shit the future is in every other way

>technological advances would you bring with you
WannaCry