ITT: try to not get offended

ITT: try to not get offended

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD831.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sex and skin color are the only real deciding factors when hiring.

what about past sexes? what about female (assigned male at birth)?

butts = {'ass', 'culo', 'жoпa', 'お尻', 'حمار'}

>index starts at 1 instead of 0

I'm offended.

Quality comprehension of the post, user.

I'm not easily offended, I doubt anyone will be able to offend me.

The programming industry needs diversity

Women need to be hired regardless of their skill

Disagreeing makes you a racist sexist shitlord

only transgenders are candidates for new hire, everyone knows that programming socks make the javascript write itself.

Sex organs and skin color are more important than inner values and capabilities because the former can be objectively measured.

If an index starting at 1 triggers you, you know nothing about programming

The first element of an array being acceded by [0] come from C. In C, there is no abstract arrays, it is really a continuous memory zone. For accessing the element, you give an offset. So it is a convention that C started. C being as retarted as it is, you can do [-1] which means reading garbage data/segfault at best, at worst the instructions on the stack.

C use offsets. Lua use the place. There is no element 0 of a data structure, there is a first element. This is a bullshit convention.
Lua do things right here. C do things right. Python, C++, java, they do things wrong so Pajeet isn't to confused when learning another language.

DELET

It Makes perfect sense mate. *(pointer + 0) = *pointer. And is the first element being pointed to.

Yes, for a language retarded enough to let you handle pointers yourself.
For lua, when the array is abstracted, no. You want the place of the element in the array, so 1.
For a list in python, no. You want the place of the element in the list, so 1.

In these cases you are not working with pointers/offset/pointers arithmetic but abstract data structures. This convention in these cases make no sense.

cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD831.html

>for a language retarded enough to let you handle pointers yourself
>how does computer work

What offends me is that Lua starts arrays at 1 instead of 0

I AM OFFENDED BY THE RESOLUTION OF THIS IMAGE! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING THUMBNAILS YOU DEGENERATE FILTH?!

Why did FORTRAN of all languages did that shit right? You can declare array starting from any index there, even negative.

The array count starts at 0 not 1.