Android phones are obsolete the moment you buy them

ven $800 Android phones don't get any updates, don't get new OSes, don't get any security fixes.

Why are Android users such cucks and sheep?

Want some more proof?
androidauthority.com/oneplus-confirms-no-android-nougat-update-oneplus-2-779029/amp/

>not buying a Google phone which actually gets updates
Kek

>buying Google
kek.. are you stupid?

>not buying Google
Nice locked down, unupdated device, pajeet

I was a long-time Mac/iPhone hardliner- almost 7 years. I finally put down an iPhone 7+ and my Macbook Pro for good this year, and I searched for the best performance/$ alternative; after seeing the direction Apple was going with their supposedly "pro" laptop.

I bought a OnePlus 3T, which I have running LineageOS. Oneplus could stop support for my phone today, and frankly, I really wouldn't care. I would stick to using Lineage, and know that I will get weekly updates until the end of time. It's not nearly as buggy as everyone here says; but again, I'm an engineer, I can tolerate minor issues to be on the bleeding edge. I enjoy the challenge.

Apple will continue to grow in the mobile market for a couple years. I don't challenge this. They have the image and brand that everyone wants, and it will be interesting, to say the least, to see how this plays out in the future. However, don't make the mistake of believing they will be around forever in this capacity.

In the late 90s, Bill Gates basically spun off Apple Computer into a no-cost Microsoft R&D facility- and pretended it was a separate company to reduce anti-trust complaints. He didn't know he was saving a company that would turn into his biggest competitor. If not for that moment, Apple would be dead in the water.

Applefags will worship Apple until hell freezes over, and though I was once a fan, I wasn't one of them. We hear all about how Apple is the titan of industry, and they must be respected - I mean look at their financial perfomance!

However, tech people forget that the whole world is not technology. You want to know which company has outperformed Apple for the past seven years?

Domino's Fucking Pizza.

DPZ has outperformed Apple by almost 2000%. How's that for a titan of industry. They may have cash reserves, but the people who really matter think Apple is a bad investment, and pass it by.

what a completely retarded graph

so what nigger

Nice personal data mine.

yes, data you don't agree with is always the problem, not your unwillingness to learn

>implying other phones don't have the botnet too
Kek

What is the control? None of those lines are even directly comparable to each other, it's shit

And you get updates that make your phone slower so you're forced to buy a new one because you can't downgrade. What's worse? I can upgrade unofficially anyway.

For 2 years from release date
Hahahahaha

3 for security updates

You know what im okay with? people who use apple, you know what im not alright with? People who use apple and then start rubbing it into your face and mocking you for not using what they prefer. Fuck you alright I like andriod and im going to stick to it. I can rub it into your face about andriod shit you can't do but I don't because im not a faggot that likes using phones as a social status to feel suppierior to a bunch of 30 year old men on a mongolian pedohile anime imageboard.
Fuck off

it doesn't need a control- it's comparing stock price over time, although if you really wanted i'll draw up one with the s&p 500 listed as well

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU COME TO A TECHNOLOGY BOARD TO TALK ABOUT A PHONE THAT IS USED BY TECH ILLERITES AND IS THE MOST LOCKED DOWN THING AND BABYS YOU THE WHOLE TIME. TAKE YOUR FASHION ACCESSORY AND GTFO

Phone os updates are fucking nothing, they rarely add anything useful
Security updates is a buzzphrase for retards
If you use the stock rom and have no root you are a retard

Google == android

fucking retard, hahahah

You sure showed him user.

>spending $800 on a phone

>Spending $300 on a chink phone that will brake down after a year
You know what they say: you get what you pay for

>t.Galaxy S8+ user

Samsung performs worse than chinkshit. But hey, the gimmicks totally justify the price, right?

The point is that when even the $800 phone doesn't get any updates, you can rest assured that cheaper ones will get MUCH WORSE service.

I'm still using an iphone 5 and I kind of wish I had never updated the os. It didn't ever add much functionality, but it certainly has incurred some lag it didn't have when it was new. things like the stock keyboard and other apple apps, while nothing else is running. I really only have those updates to blame on why my ios keyboard takes a few keystrokes before it starts inputting characters.
I guess there is always need for the occasional security update thankfully apple doesn't stop giving those out

They fell for the Customization meme, which is ironic now that Safari comes with built-in ad blocking support while Android needs root to do the same thing.

>im going to post this every day with one different spelling mistake to slip past a filter and get btfo every time

Android has adblocking browsers too, retard

>same thing
Android blocks ads in ALL apps, not just in browser. But if you don't have root you can just install a browser with ad blocking.

You can always use a VPN and block it there.

>Safari comes with built-in ad blocking support while Android needs root to do the same thing.
It doesn't, though. You don't need root to install a browser that supports ad blocking at the browser level. Completely different from system level ad blocking.

What you do need root for is to install an ad blocker that works at the system level by blocking ads through the hosts file, which in turn blocks ads everywhere, including apps outside your browser. You can also accomplish this without root by installing an ad blocker like Adguard that works by pretending to be a VPN actively filtering ads out, though this requires having the app always running in the background which eats more battery than the rooted option.

This thread AGAIN? FFS, we get it OP. You were an Applefag but got burned when your iPhone turned out crap and now you degrade others to justify your purchase.

>Be me
>Mexibeaner.jpg
>Buy nice cheap samshit note 2
>use the fuck out of it
>runs nice & fast
>have pen gimmick
>actually enjoy the fucking pen the few times i use it.
> browse the web & shit

ZOMFGWTFBBQ PHOEN IS OBSELETTTEEE

:u

must throw away and buy shiny new crapple ishit

Fuck u user, my fucking phone will be obsolete when i get fucking tried of it.

That Xperia ZXs looks really nice tho

>spending 800 and changing phone every 3 years

iOS updates are basically a downgrade. If you weren't convinced of your own retardation, I would record a video of how horribly my "perfectly supported" first gen iPad runs on the latest version of iOS available to it.

Let's be absolutely fucking real here; flashing a custom ROM on Android is so simple that you can reasonably expect a Chad to do it. It's sure as hell less obtuse than the iOS restore process.

Flashing a custom ROM guarantees support for way longer than anybody should be bothering. CM/Lineage are lighter than any OEM ROM out there, and arguably have less useless bullshit than iOS at this point.

Steve Jobs kept Apple alive. As soon as the rest of his autism made it out of the design pipeline, Apple went straight downhill.

>$800 every 3 years is a lot of money to him

I bet you fill your commuter car with premium gas, too, you fucking retard.

Wasting $500 every few years doesn't promote you from the lower middle class.

It is for me

Even 200 every 3 years is a lot for me

Fucking LEL

I thought you were trolling but wow. I should've learned to make pizzas

I consider a phone obsolete, when it either is missing a huge technological advancement, like a modern phone missing 4g, or the phone runs really really slowly at no fault of the user.

Security updates for Android are a complete meme. If you're not some retarded faggot who installs virus.apk, you will never ever encounter an issue.

i bought a google edition phone right after it came out - the SGS 4 GE - and it was limping behind current phones getting updates 6+ months late after 2 years. the iPhone 5S, which was released around the same time, continues to get updates and will get iOS 11 in September, 4 years later.

Google has tried to signal serious commitment to certain smartphones through the pixel program, nexus, google edition, etc... but every time they seem to get distracted and wander off. if they could take half of their efforts on branding and redirect it to support, i'm sure we wouldn't be having this conversation. but google is much more concerned with branding and appearances than they are with long term responsibility to customers.

let's have this conversation when an android phone
- gets OTA updates more than 3 years out
- doesn't require you to wade through custom ROMs to get those updates, and
- receives those updates in a reasonable timeframe (i.e. within 2 weeks of official launch)