TempleOS Game Boy emulator update

I fixed a vertical scroll bug, added save states, 2x/3x scaling and properly init MBC RAM size now so a bunch of games including pokemans will work.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tramplersheikhs/crocodile
bgb.bircd.org/pandocs.htm
chrisantonellis.com/files/gameboy/gb-programming-manual.pdf
github.com/minexew/Shrine/tree/master/HwSupp
github.com/minexew/Shrine/tree/master/SnailNet
youtube.com/watch?v=zyvwpRNWWfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

does temple OS work on non 64 bit PCs?

YOURE MAKING TERRY PROUD

Brainlet here. I assume coding an emulator is really hard. How hard is it to code an emulator in HolyC for an OS that only runs in virtual machines?

What about another famed feature of other gameboy emulators, linking, so you can trade your pokemon?

Nope
It doesn't require a virtual machine. I native boot an ISO.C of TOS v5.03 preloaded with the emu and a bunch of ROMs on my i7 desktop and a Dell Vostro laptop, works fine.

wot should I learn for doing like that?

Nice, I wonder what you'll do next

Pretty sure Terry invented Temple OS just so scrolling window tittles could become mainstream
that is catchy as fuck.... wonder ifi can do that to my FF tabs

I always imagined writing emulators must mean that you know everything about the used hardware, maybe assembly and well I don't know maybe in some way getting to know how to open the roms. I don't understand how people reverse engineer this but this work is amazing. Especially amazing because it is made in templeOS which is also totally crazy.

Was the emulator created from scratch or is it a port of some other emulator?

Where can we find this?

enable freesynch or vsynch

You the same faggot that made that Sup Forums browser for TempleOS

tos has a network stack?

someone wrote one to piss of terry

got a link to his reaction?

>playing nintendo games on templeos

So degenerate.

Did Terry also wrote the graphic libraries by himself or you have to pull low level shit to make 2d graphics?

not native, it's like a host bridge?
also someone made a discord client
github.com/tramplersheikhs/crocodile

You just need to read the hardware manual and have knowledge of bitwise operations, memory layout, and some graphics api or framework for display.

thats where the difficulty is, most consoles dont have public documentation so reverse engineering them is the hard part

There's both: a host-guest block driver (like VMware tools/VBox guest additions) and a PCNet-PCI II native driver w/ TCP/IP stack

Actually they do, it's necessary for third party developers at the time. A lot of the old consoles used common cpus and apus (such as 6502) instead of rolling their own, so those manuals are also available.

Terry wrote the graphics libs (DC/Gr) and they're very pleasant to work with.

Game Boy has pretty good hardware docs:
bgb.bircd.org/pandocs.htm
chrisantonellis.com/files/gameboy/gb-programming-manual.pdf

sure, that's AFTER people reverse engineered it all to make those manuals
these aren't something nintendo made available

the comments you're responding to are talking about emulating a console just in general

What is this, then?
github.com/minexew/Shrine/tree/master/HwSupp
github.com/minexew/Shrine/tree/master/SnailNet

i know, and unless a dev leaks them (they are confidential and often granted not to indies but to higher tiers of devs) youll never see them

second page
"confidential"
also gameboy is magnitudes easier to emulate than many other systems

does the game boy king james bible run on it? i've had trouble getting it to run on emulators.

He doesn't care at all. I literally fucking called him about it and he said that even though he would never include one, he was glad people were having fun with the OS and actually learning shit.

Right on his site, he states TOS is for hobbyists and people looking to learn. He actively encourages you to write software for it.

Terry is our fa/g/got?

>instead of fixing exploits in the Linux networking stack this is happening
Free software was a mixtape.

>saved states
kill yourself

does it also come with free eye cancer?
jk, gj :3

it's the holyc side code for the passthrough system

Is there a place where you can download previous releases of TempleOS? I want to archive them if possible

He did that because of space limitations, sometimes you want to write a bigger title or fit an entire pasta in there.
>inb4 someone places terry pasta somewhere (Adam?)

You still here? I have a HolyC question.

ask faggot

Where the fuck are the structs?

An executive, running TempleOS?!

Shut up ya little queer

This. Save states are the devil's work, remove that shit OP you CIA nigger.

what does Terry think of this?

Last I checked a couple months ago it wasn't bootable outside a VM. Did he manage to get that worked out?

Somebody on Sup Forums posted pics of it running on their shitbox with a CRT a bit ago.

This is running on bare metal, no VM:
youtube.com/watch?v=zyvwpRNWWfA

HolyC uses class in place of struct

nice scroller dude

Terry is looking noticeably more gaunt in this latest videos compared to this pic. Any psychfags here with knowledge about schitzo meds making people skinny?

destroys your appetite.

he takes risperdal iirc, which I used to be given for ADD.
You never get hungry on that shit, you can just eat whenever, or not at all, for like a day or until you get annoyed with your own stomach grumbling.

>using God's temple to promote piracy

Jesus fucking christ

I'm so proud of you, Op. This a rare level of autism.

>degenerate
>nintendo literally means leave luck to heaven

Start with English.

Nice fucking work my man

And it is fire

"Common side effects include movement problems, sleepiness, trouble seeing, constipation, and increased weight."

ABSOLUTE FALL FROM GRACE