How /diy/ is Sup Forums?

do you guys know how to work the solder iron?
what are your projects?

Anyone who can't use a soldering iron shouldn't even be on Sup Forums.

that would exclude most Sup Forums

Most of current Sup Forums is just Sup Forumstards who managed to build a gayming pc and are convinced that makes them a tech genius. They need to leave.

good

I am currently working on building a NIXIE tube clock. IN-12 tubes.

This place is nothing but consumerist faggots who don't know how to do anything but plug legos in to each other.

They probably don't even own a fucking basic toolkit with lockpicks

I can solder but have no knowledge whatsoever about electronics.

Got some shit i want to do on my memepad but i don't even know where to start of if it's even possible.

I desolder and swap out BIOS chips on DankPads for Libreboot.

>of if it's even possible
or*

Why is soldering praised here like it's some sort of advanced skill. It's basic as fuck, requiring skill comparable to a cordless drill.

What is it you are looking to do?

Why not just flash it with an SPI flasher?

the one true god

First i'd like to do pic related with a generic usb numpad but that implies converting the data and power from usb to the slimsata port of the optical drive somehow and i don't even know if that's possible or how to do it.

Also replacing the led diode of the Thinklight to change the color but have no idea about where to get a replacement led diode or if they're all the same, also got no results at all from the serial number on the thinklights PCB.

does that fit inside the ultrabay ?

Any other good books along with this for electronic engineering?
Basically, I want to be intermediate at doing diy stuff and making projects.

Some slim numpads do yeah.

Erryday I'm soldering

Does this apply to me if my gayman pc is a T430 and an eGPU?

i fixed a shitty power plug thingy on my laptop once.

then it broke again.

and the motherboard broke the 2nd time i fixed it.

Do you use Windows?

not him, but since his gaymen, he probably does

Proper soldering is hard. Slapping some tin on some wires means shit.

The art of electronics is an advanced book, you'll be lost with no other background. Read getting started in electronics by forest mims. /diy/ also has him generals for this stuff too.

This is the unfortunate truth of this board. Nobody here can do anything except read a tier list and half ass a shitty PC build together. It's why half the threads on this board are about Ryzen and video game benchmarks.

I want Sup Forums to be put out of its misery.

Thanx!

Sup Forums is just consumerist shit left and right. Sup Forums is more likely to make out something than Sup Forums and that's pretty sad already

Fixing a massive TV I dug out of the trash.

I upgraded 2 of my guitars from scratch with all new hardware and electronics last year.

I also did some resolder work to revive my PSone 2 years ago.

Otherwise I just use some contact cleaner on my dirty electronics and don't mess with anything I shouldn't.

I don't like to 'modify' things. I just want to restore/repair if they are broken or clean them if they are dirty.

i've been making custom mice by hacksawing mice and gluing them together to fit my larger hands.

and include most of /vr/

I have plenty of friends in tech fields that can't solder. It's not all hardware.

i know how to use one, but i have never done anything usefull with it until now because i just started taking an electronic course and lab. Do you find it useful to buy one, assuming that you're in the electronics or some other field where its relavent? I only use the ones at Uni

im stayin right here :p

This photo is so fucking hilarious in so many ways

Why don't they split the board into Sup Forums and another board that would focus on computer nerd shit: programming, electronics, and math.

I cut and soldered the regulator off my keurig for secret menu and custom coffee. Can i stay?

Recently rescued an AT-based socket-7 system and modded it for ps/2. The board had traces and through-holes for either ps/2 or AT keyboard but only footprint for one to be installed (AT). Also a 4-pin header between a couple of the card slots for wiring up an off-board ps/2 mouse connector.

For the mouse I just crimped a matching panel connector. For the kb I had to solder in pins around and beside the AT jack, wire them together into a dangling header and then crimp a panel connector for that.

Used the ps/2 mouse connector for an optical mouse but ended up using an AT Alps keyboard despite having gone to more effort to get the ps/2 keyboard port working.

That's just shilling and autistic people taking cheap bait. You have to wade through the bullshit on every board.

W10 and Fedora.

What?

Making a /vtech/ board might solve some problems, but there's no easy brightline like with /vr/ or /vp/. It turns out some people programmers and electrical engineers also like to use computers for games.

this surprises me.

What exactly was the mod done here?

>Making a /vtech/ board
Careful. Don't wanna wake up those Honda owners.

like /tech/?

kek

Have been collecting broken projectors.
Chose the best case with good lenses. Replaced the stupid lamp with a 150w led board, heatsink and quiet fan.
Now just sitting on the fence on whether to get a 6" 1440p lcd screen or wait for a 4k screen with a controller board to come out or see if any good diy smartphone conversions appear.

In my spare time I'm modding a korg monotrone to be putted in one with sequencer which will be tempo controlled by volca fm. Some filters will be good too but need to learn theory of RCL first

if you can do all the physical design stuff the actual soldering would consist of bridging a wire from the numpad to a usb port on the motherboard. it's like 4 pins

There's something to be said for the output quality of those "stupid" lamps...

/thread

Don't you mean...rev up those Honda owners?

zing