Laptop with good graphics card?

Hey Sup Forums, my old laptop is kind of bust and I need a new one mainly to work with photoshop, maya 3D, illustrator, zBrush, etc at a price range of $1000 to $1300

I usually bring it from work to home and when I travel, and wherever I go there's usually a really good monitor available so I don't care too much for display quality, but I really need at least 16gb of ram and a capable graphics card/CPU (i7 is preferred).

Any recs that will give the max out of that budget?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01N9QKYZ9
notebookcheck.net/Mobile-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-Laptop-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169547.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>thinking you need a good graphics card for any of the stuff you mentioned

It's going to be driving a high-end monitor, not whatever shit display is built in.

Just get a Skullcanyon NUC and take it with you everywhere.

Recently bought this one, pretty happy with it (3DSMAX + Unreal Engine + Visual Studio / Android)

amazon.com/dp/B01N9QKYZ9

Acer Aspire with the 1050ti

>Skullcanyon NUC
Forgot to mention I work on graphics and physics engines and share a lot of the stress from the CPU to the GPU, will that handle it?

For comparison, my old laptop had a 770m and it was just about right but could be a bit better.

If the built in display isn't relevant, why do you need a laptop?

It's needed but not relevant. It's good to have for previews and touch ups, but not to get serious work done, if that makes sense.

>What is CUDA? What is GPU rendering?

nigger what is he rendering and why would he be doing it on a laptop and not his company render farm?

That looks pretty nice really. Had any hiccups with it? How heavy is it? My old one was like 8.6 pounds, the weight of that one sounds amazing from what I used to have

3D Applications (eg. maya) are using GPU core rendering for raytracing (eg. mental ray / vray / ...) performance increase which significantly boosts rendering. speed.

Zbrush takes advantage of GPU rendering for realtime painting.

The latest versions of photoshop use GPU rendering instead of CPU rendering for workflow speed.

No hiccups, it's 4.9 pounds, it's pretty light for a gaming laptop. And above all it has a normal laptop shell without the ROG branding on it.

The only "issue" that I had was with GTA V where temps were around 84 degrees on a hot day. Which is still within acceptable range and only for that game on ultra settings.

For normal work use no issues at all.

Heyo thanks. I saw some with nvidia 1050 ti, is the 1060 much better that I should go for it instead if I can?

nigstick none of that requires more than a normal mobile apu provides unless he's making a scale model of newyork city with a lighting engine.

Are you for real? My dedicated 770m was doing hiccups in some of my projects due to the very resolution rendering and scale of simulations I work with and bring with me outside the workplace. I literally just told you that, if you're not gonna help fuck off for christ's sake.

With your budget, go with a 1060, it has more shader cores, higher frequencies and a larger bandwidth.

The 1050Ti is sufficient, but if you can go for a 1060, go for it, you'll have more performance/price (couple 100$ difference) + better futureproofing for high resolutions (which i assume you will have sooner or later with the external monitors).

notebookcheck.net/Mobile-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-Laptop-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169547.0.html

Oh yeah, also, the difference in performance between the notebook and desktop version of a 1060 is marginal (5-8%).

Acer VN7-593G or 793G.

How are the build quality of acers these days? I owned one a long time ago and it lasted quite a bit but it always gave me the impression it would die any day.

Seems fine from everything I've read. Might need to repaste the CPU and GPU though. If you live near a Micro Center, you can always check one out on display.

check logical or laptopscribes.com or just kys.