Hi Sup Forums I'm looking for a new Android phone

Hi Sup Forums I'm looking for a new Android phone.
I want to sell my Blackberry Passport for a new phone. What I want:

- Below $300
- Decent cameras
- Decent microphone
- Good battery life or replaceable
- Good Lineage OS support

Motorola G5 Plus or Bq Aquaris X

None of them is supported by Lineage OS

...Still

Buy a Nexus 6P on eBay/Craigslist for $150-200
I'd recommend CopperheadOS, but LineageOS is good too

Why're you downgrading?

Phone is overheating while using android runtime. Not so fast with android apps. Problems with some android functions.

Because Lineage is whats left when you get cyanocucked so hard that buying Samsung starts to seem like a good idea.

Moto G5 Plus has an unofficial LineageOS build, and I guarantee it'll become official sooner than later

The only difference between an official and unofficial build is that only official builds are uploaded to Lineage's servers and receive OTA updates. That's literally all there is to it. The ROM doesn't suddenly become more stable or bug free when it becomes official.

>Buy a Nexus 6P
Bad idea. It has shit battery life and overheats thanks to the SD810 and also plenty of hardware issues such as early shutdown and bootlooping.

Is the Moto G5 Plus any good then?

Only buy a device with Snapdragon if you want Lineage.

After that, the dev scene is like
Nexus then major flagships then popular devices.

Motorola phones are a very safe bet.

Remember, only Snapdragon.
No Mediatek or Hisilicon or kirin or else

Yes. Camera is decent for the price, battery life is amazing thanks to the power efficient SoC, Motorola's software is pretty much stock android with some useful features added.

Main negatives are that the bezels are pretty thicc (partly because the fp reader is on the front) and it still as microUSB rather than USB-C.

>2017
>Still buying portable surveillance and advertising devices

That's why you install LineageOS

Don't forget to not install gapps and use microG instead of Google play services

What are the pros and cons of this? I only find cons like missing official updated apps and OTAs.

May I get some pros or even more cons? Thanks anons.

I'm thinking of buying a s4 and installing lineage os but without flashing gapps. Is this a good idea in 2017 though?

You do miss out on OTAs if you use xposed (which you need for signature spoofing for microG), but besides that, everything is great. The yalp store can be used as a play store alternative and is great with updating applications.

The only con that I've found is that if you want to connect your Google account with it, the sync settings are trash.

Well, I'm on a chinkphone and moving to another one very soon, and actually it will have Lineage. As today, I use normie apps so I don't know if I should do the effort to use something outside G-APPs

I mean, I use normie apps as well. It just werks. It's nice knowing that Google isn't getting my location data all the time, at least.

Theorically you can disable all that stuff one by one, from device and main account. It never traced me when I tried to see my place's history and stuff, but maybe I'm naive.

Lenovo P2 is excellent price/performance, dunno about that lineage OS

If you enable Google Location Services, which you need for a fair number of applications, it will probe your locations when you aren't using it.

Although I fear sounding stubborn, I don't use Geolocation. I don't like it so I avoid it at all costs. Even from "recover your android".

I use mainly Dashchan, some Message APP and Firefox. The rest aren't (shouldn't) in need of any network connection beside updating it.

Once again, I'm open to think maybe I'm too naive, but no app could target me, at least openly.