Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/forhire/
digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/main.cpp
digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/
youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this the stupid questions thread?

People I don't know are calling me and telling me they've recieved calls from my number.
I've never called them before.
How is this happening? Am I insane?

That's a stupid question.

is there a painless way to setup a proxy on linux mint using ovpn config files without entering form information?

check your numbers history at your provider
then check for Carbon Monoxide leaks

I need to buy a new card and GTX 1070s dont seem to have any great deals at the moment. DO I spend $370 on a GTX 1070 or splurge on a 1080?

My monitor is only 75 HZ 1440p though so I am thinking the 1070 at the moment and the only FPSes I play are Overwatch and CSGO but might get Battlefront 2 if it isn't garbage.

where can I pay people to make AutoIt scripts for me

reddit.com/r/forhire/

Did you recently switch providers?

When I switched, they gave me two numbers I could be called at. My transferred number, and a "new" number that was used by some guy who racked up a loooot of debt.

I eventually switched to Fi

Hi there. I like making autoit scripts as a hobby.

Could you post what you're looking for? I certainly won't be able to make test environments over Sup Forums posts, but I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'll look thanks
It's simple I think but I don't know how to do it, or if AutoIt is even the best way to do it
I need a small program that upon a keybind will cycle through the number row (starting at 2) after each press, then presses q and then back to the number 1
As in: f -> 2q1, f -> 3q1
Do you have a way of contact? For payment because ideally I don't want AutoIt installed in the first place

what is the cheapest/oldest intel laptop cpu that can drive a 4K@60 monitor?

how do I make shadows in css like pic related?

Intel 8008

google:
>how do I make shadows in css

lol so funny

Intel HD 4000 graphics... Which means something Ivy Bridge. My X230 with a 3320M does 4k just fine!

Sort of! Except after the number key, it should always be q1
Also the more I think about the tool the more I realize it needs a little more than I think AutoIt provides (program disguised, small footprint, extremely hard to find for other people).
I just don't know

Can anybody help with this? I'm trying to understand what's wrong with this monitor and I can't get it. The CRT works fine, good colors, good contrast and brightness, but after, I don't know, 30 minutes or so, the picture kinda flickers or so, I can't even explain it with my own language, the recording doesn't do justice to the actual problem, so exagerate the effect. I'm thinking it has something to do with overheating since this monitor hasn't been opened since maybe 7 years and it's probably filled with dust inside, I'll try to take pictures from inside later somehow. Anyways, any ideas about what's probably happening?

I know how to make shadows, just not like pic related. Don't be a dick in /sqt/

I just saw your reply, sorry about the delay. Also, this is a simple task, so read the source code and do your best to learn from it.

So every time you press the letter F, it outputs
"number q 1" to the current window right?

Example:
Press f: Send input 2q1
Press f: Send input 3q1

If so, It's done.
digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/main.cpp
and executable if you trust me is in the same folder. so
digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/

oh I set it to use F9 because pressing F felt weird

Careful with popping it open. Those capacitors can zap the shit out of you if you short them.

My guess though is a heat issue. Most likely an issue with the power delivery system that causes it to drop power after it heats up too much, which would cause ray beam to stutter, leaving you with the flickering that you are seeing.

I have an external DAC/Amp in which is controlled by alsa. I use the alsamixer volume control to set it at 100 (0dB), but sometimes when I disconnect, it lowers itself to about 72, how can I make sure that the volume stays at 100 every time i connect it and use it?

I've already tried sudo alsactl store but it doesnt seem to work. I'm on the latest xubuntu version in a thinkpad w520 if that helps

If alsactl store is not doing it, try setting everything through pulseaudio and pavucontrol. It tends to remember things better anyways.

If I were to take a guess, and it's only a guess:

Given that looks like a crt, possibly the capacitors that charge the electron gun are now kinda marginal, and are not quite able to recharge themselves/hold enough charge to fully illuminate the entire screen every refresh cycle.

The walking dark band that we can see is clearer in the video because the video recorded is relatively low fps.

Try dropping the refresh rate, it might give the caps more time to charge. But ultimately that monitor is on the way out, bad luck.

Damn, I was hoping I wouldn't have to use pulseaudio. I like to use mpv and ncmpcpp through alsa, and everything else through pulseaudio.
Thanks anyways lad

How do I make mpv save screenshots with a specific file naming scheme (specifically the default format that MPC-HC saves them in)?

I want to return to programming. I only ever used the IDE Codeblocks and Eclipse as per my school's instruction without customizing either one.

I didn't find them especially comfortable and have certain things I dislike about each. Eclipse in particular it bothered me so fucking much that if you didn't observe the proper directory 'tree' saving something it would't work. Like I couldn't just save a random scrap of java code on my desktop and compile it, Eclipse would throw a fit.

What program do people suggest I write my code in? Are these IDE's still acceptable?

Am I stupid for wanting to replace the loud 4000rpm fan in pic related (cooler for 125w phenom processor) with a 2000rpm case fan? It currently sounds like a jet engine, my mobo doesn't have fan speed settings and I use debian. Would my processor overheat, it's slightly undervolted.

Don't open that shit. Between the lead, the radiation, the compressed gas and the supercharged capacitors, the inside of a CRT is about as dangerous as anything in computers gets.

My thinking about IDEs seems to contrast what everyone else thinks. Honestly all IDEs tend to have their own problems, so I pick one that incorporates as many languages [that I use] as possible. I shamefully use netbeans because I find myself using C/C++, php and java. I would want to deal with one IDE rather than a separate one for each language, cuts down on the uncomfortable switching between languages.

I'm trying to find a job as a fresh out of school programmer.

What parts should I send my potential employer when they ask for "excerpts from my source code"?

I don't wanna look like an amateur by sending them my entire school project.

What do they want to see, in example, in C++ source code?

I have an x230 and it can only do 4K@30

your mobo very likely has the speed settings for the cpu pwm fan.

its just might be bit difficult to setup
check speedfan and some guides how to enable control, or how to let it start as admin on every boot
youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM

Im using EzPE3 to make a custom Win Pe build, anyone knows where does it output the ISO file to?

So I need to drain the voltage out then? Pic related is how dirty is inside, it's the best picture I can get from outside with my POS smartphone camera. Cleaning would help anyways, right?
It unironically happens backwards, I've seen it happen more when it's on 60hz than 85hz or even 120hz at low resolution (and yes, it is an CRT, a 14 years old one). What I think you could answer is: if I leave it as it is, is there really any possible danger to myself? I mean, would the monitor explode on my face or it would only never turn on again? I can always get another cheap and probably better used CRT, but if I don't have to, it would be better.
I won't open it myself probably, I'll look around if there's a technician with experience with CRTs, but I need to know what's happening to it so he can understand what to do.

you send link to your github
they look around in it
they dont want snippets of code on your cv or some shit

I have a project where I need to take a command from the internet (think, someone pushes a button on a specific Web page), then use webhooks to get a raspberry pi zero-w to activate a gpio pin. So I downloaded the Prota Pi OS thinking that would make it easy. Turns out I can't even get the prota OS to work on the pi zero. I burned the image to the SD card, plugged it all together, and I don't even get an indication that the R Pi is working. Ie, no video on hdmi, no AP showing up on wifi, no nothing. I tried plugging a couple of different wifi dongles in, just in case the built in wifi wasn't working for some reason, but I just can't seem to get anything to happen. Is my pi busted out of the box? Am I just an idiot missing an obvious but critical step?

Does anyone have experience using prota OS on a raspberry pi zero? Any suggestions on how to access a webhook with a different OS and get it to activate gpios? Sorry for my ignorance, but we all need to start somewhere.

>So I need to drain the voltage out then?
You can't. They're not designed to work that way. A capacitor can hold its charge indefinitely. CRTs aren't meant to have internal issues repaired.

How would I go about increasing the size of the custom board list through CSS?
[lit / a / co / g / vp / r9k / his / tv / wsg] […]
Is what I want to make bigger

>debian
>speedfan
Yeah not gonna work. This is why I was wondering about changing the hardware.

So it's fucked then? Do I let it just die?
Now that I'm reading this better, you do realize the problem is the less-than-a-second flicker on the video and not the dark band that's common when recording a CRT with a smartphone camera, right? I'm probably misreading you though

I'm having a problem with my thinkpad x60. The latch no longer works quite right. It used to be that the lid wouldn't come up when locked down. Now it comes up about an inch this doesn't effect the actual computer but its not fun. Should I attempt to fix it myself with some canabalized parts from a broken t60 or just take it to someone else? Also it has a bunch of autistic stickers on so how can I take those off without damaging the rubberlike surface of the lid?

>Do I let it just die?
If you can't find an external solution.

Has anyone ever had any problems with Windows 10 and 7 installed at the same time? My friend has 10 installed on an SSD and 7 installed on his HDD, and it's giving him all sorts of errors.

I have some spare time and spare pc parts laying around and im thinking of making a *coin miner

Everything will be made from used parts i have laying around, but the real question is whether its even worth it

Im planning on using a 2gb Radeon 6970, which isnt spectacular, but it should give me at least some value

From some quick calculations i see that the system would consume about 450w at 100% usage

a 6970 could mine 9~11mh from what i see online

I live in a all-in rent place, so i dont have to pay electricity seperatly , but even then, is it worth it?

>tl;dr
Would mining on a 6970 for fun be worth it?
If i can buy a pizza every week im happy, or just hold on to the *coin to see when i could cash it

Would an RX 550 be a worthwhile upgrade over an R7 265?

Is there a specific substance for the other basic tastes that represents the maximum value of that taste, kind of like how nothing can taste saltier than pure salt? Is there a substance that represents 100% sweetness that nothing can taste sweeter than, or 100% sourness, bitterness, etc? Or does it not work that way?

Increase or decrease the size to your liking.

I don't use Github. We were advised against using it for anything in our university.

What did he mean by this?
>Never be afraid to ask Sup Forums, anons will always help you and others will shit on you. That's fine, just try to take that vital piece of information with 0 ego.

Could you answer me then what I've asked before
>is there really any possible danger to myself? I mean, would the monitor explode on my face or it would only never turn on again? I can always get another cheap and probably better used CRT, but if I don't have to, it would be better.
It would actually be worse, look for a RX 560 or something more powerful

Yeah I meant 560

Ok, keep in mind though that a RX 560 is like 12% more powerful, if you have the money, go for something higher (e.g. an 1050Ti which gives you 30% more performance)

>keep getting severe weather warnings on my phone
>fucking four for the same thing in the last couple hours
How do I disable these? Phone is a Galaxy S7. Everything I find online says to go to the Samsung messaging app and pick settings, but there's nothing under there at all.

did you try looking in your weather app's setting

If I just want something cheap that can browse the internet should I get a netbook or a tablet

>tfw too tired to think to open the accuweather widget that came with my phone
There was a weather notification option that I unchecked but nothing about severe weather alerts. Hopefully that fixed it.

I got the parts for my new PC in but I'm still waiting on the case. How risky is it to just use it without a case in the meantime?

If you're in the USA, severe weather alerts can also be coming straight from the NWS.
Look here:
www.nws.noaa.gov/com/weatherreadynation/wea.html

get a thinkpad x60 and put puppy linux on the internal hard drive.

Are you going to spill something on it?
Do you have pets who might climb on it?
If no, then go for it. You'll need to find out how to jump the power switch on mobo.

Friend of mine is having her gf come to visit from argentina. The gf wants to buy a smart phone here, because its expensive as fuck there for no reason. As long as she gets an unlocked one without a sim, would she be fine when she goes back to argentina and tries to get it set up there? Is the cwdm/gsm a US only thing or is that worldwide?
I know theres international versions of phones that you can buy and use in the US, but ive never seen anything about US versions being used outside of the us

Anoyone has the image with the pedophile quotes?
Where the girl were undercover police?

My Firefox worked great for a while and now it's a piece of shit. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and still being a piece of shit. I only have the hoxx vpn, uBlock, and duplicate tab addons. Is it just a Windows 10 thing?

So my display crashed while playing a game the other night. I re-did the connections, even re-seated it in the slot, nothing. Today, I got a friend 750 Ti and plug it and I got display again right away, everything working normal.

GPU is definitely ded right? Gonna start RMA tonight.

Never buy Mini version of cards, they usually skip VRM cooling which is important.

See EVGA exploding VRMs.

I've had zero issues with heat. It was at around 50C when it died. I was playing Warcraft III. The 1070 runs pretty cool, I haven't seen it go over 73C under stress testing.

It's ded tho right? Swapping out GPU would confirm it?

>Try Card, no image
>Try another card, works
Yes, Zotac has really good warranty so dont worry.

If you get image while you are using BIOS it means it still works, otherwise if you dont get image at all its FUBAR.

I'm looking for a small UPS for a Raspberry, can't find a powerbank doing it.

Running W10 LTSB and recently updated. Now I can't type via the start menu to search for shit.

Any help on this?

I got no display. Monitor would sense something was hooked up, but it wouldn't display anything, not even BIOS. Hooked up the other card and got full display.

Have you RMA'd anything from Zotac before? I hear it can take 30 days. I have to send it back from Canada.

Why does qutebrowser keep crashing on Sup Forums and when is it going to be updated to the new webkit.

Wait - what's wrong with pulse?

How much wam is enough for a detoated server?

Took them 4 days to send a new card since they received it, in total i had to wait 8 days since i sent it, and im from Mexico.

I hope you have a IGPU.

Did you disable the search, cortana, superfetch, or anything like that? Forget how it works, but all that shits linked in win 10. I disabled one of those and lost my whole start menu. Undoing it fixed my issue

Holy fuck I would be in love with Zotac if I got a replacement in 8 days. Nope, Ryzen life is suffering. I have a laptop I use as a Netflix machine for now.

Why?

t-t-t-tanks senpai

I really don't know diddly about html.

Atleast is not a ASUS card, there you would be fucked in a loop with customer support getting them to accept your RMA request they denied because whatever problem the card had was your fault.

I've still got the search indexer service running and the databases are built. I'm trying out different stuff but it seems like the search function in the start menu AND taskbar are just completely unresponsive. Tried to sfc /scannow and it didn't detect any anomalies. Also tried to reinstall dependencies through powershell but to no avail... I'll keep trying. Thanks for your response.

I don't suppose there'd be some way to center it or indent it further from the left?

Can somebody help me please?

What do you mean by a piece of shit?

Really slow.

I want to call you an idiot but I don't know how to word it, but please provide more information other than "it's a piece of shit", what, do you just not like Firefox?

Well, I went with Zotac not only because the price was right, but also I heard good things about their customer service. I didn't expect to have to use it so soon, but here's to hoping it works out. Thanks for the information.

It's acting really slow

Got a Surface Pro 3 as a gift. Just wondering what the best program to view manga/ comics on it is.

Honeyview.

Correction, nothing can taste saltier than annon.

Best SSH Client for android?

How can I save Sup Forums threads to my computer (like CTRL+S) but with the script intact so I can click reply numbers to make the reply appear within posts, etc

I'm putting together a PC.
When I tried turning it on without the hard drive it started normally and went into the bios menu.
Then I turned it off and plugged in an SSD. As soon as I turned it on, the SSD started crackling and smoke started billowing out. Like what the fuck. I immediately turned it off. Part of the label on the SSD has been burned off.
I'm perplexed. Was it the SSD that was defective? Or maybe my power supply?
The power supply is brand new, but the SSD is used.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness