Python 2 or 3 and why?

Python 2 or 3 and why?

What are you planning to make?

I rewatched every episode of nichibros at least 1 time when it aired. The only anime that made me do it.

Because print isn't a statement, it's a function. Because it uses unicode strings by default, not ASCII.

3 is better 3 is faster 3 has support for cool shit like asyncio etc.

Nichijou was better

Neither.

2 is a dead language.

3 is a bloated language that broke everybody's working code for no reason and keeps adding useless piles of features without ever actually giving people what they ACTUALLY want - things like a faster interpreter or getting rid of the GIL. And anybody who has actually bothered looking at CPython's internals knows exactly why this is unlikely to ever change.

Honestly, the only reason I would ever recommend anybody actually use Python these days is because of the scripting languages available on most Linux distros out of the box, Python is the least bad by a mile (compared to Perl and Bourne Shell). For serious programs, lean something else.

3 because is one more than 2

3 because it's what I use for my studies along with R

Python 2 is a dying language, anyone who tells you otherwise is literally Zed Shaw.

3 because 2 will be dead in just over 2 years. Also has cool new features and is generally faster. 3.6 is better than 2.7 in every way, less true for anything earlier than that.

Not even Zed Shaw is hitching his wagon to Python 2 anymore. He's finally remaking his python books for Python 3.

I prefer html

well fuck. i've been using 2 for a long time. i didn't think it was dying so quick. this is definitely a feels bad to me

python 2 because it makes anime real desu

Lua

NANIIIIIIII

You really have to hear it for that whole scene to have the same effect. God damn that shit made me laugh so hard.

this is the real actual answer.

python is a big and complicated language, you can literally learn all of lua in 15 minutes and it composes well into doing actually useful stuff.

plus, since it's an embedded language first and foremost, you have nice things like LOVE2D and Pico-8 and other all-in-one environments that allow you to start doing fun stuff sooner.

Lua is only useful as an embedded language.

2 because I support deprecation over removal and 3 breaks with this idea. Java strong.

Why Lua instead of Moonscript?

python3. stop being a retard, there's a reason it's a newer version. unicode strings / encode decode semantics, bug fixes, a faster interpreter
it's like asking "Linux 2.1 vs Linux 4.11???"

because nobody knows what the fuck moonscript is and it requires an extra compile step.

that shit is annoying enough with typescript, and typescript is a good and popular language.

2 so I don't have to type as much to print things.

3. Don't build new systems from the ground up using legacy tech.

+tic neesan > nichibros = kill me baby > nichijou

Nichijou should have been half as long and kept the better half of the sketches.

And it has the unpack operator

And keyword only arguments

Correct about Nichijou but Kill me Baby was objectively GOAT

Python 3 is better. Use Python 2 if there is some major must use library for your project that has not updated.

Unless you're a scientist, use 3.

Use PyPy. Also the scripting language usually everywhere is the write-only Perl.

It can be done with threads.

3 because it goes like 1 > 2 > 3 (...)

Quit programming and become my trap sugar girl

This.

Think about it: Python is over 500 thousands of lines of bloat, while Lua without standard libraries is 10000 lines of clean C.

this tbqh

Sure mate, handle 10000 sockets with one thread each and let me know how that goes.