Question for Sup Forums

Does anyone else find Scandinavia so visually boring? The aurora or vibe it gives off is unique to the area in a bad way, when I look at vistas, watch videos or study scandinavia in google maps it just looks dull, even more so then britian.

It looks dull, but strangely comfy.

The same goes for Britain.

This isn't a problem with the netherlands, for some reason that vibe just totally avoids the nation. I think the infrastructure is the biggest deal, with Scandinavia and Britian it looks quite poor and rustic, and not in the good way.

We're boring so that no one would come here.
It just happens to be that we're full.

It's dull and very utilitarian. We gold-plate nothing. Skyscrapers are not only unnecessary but forbidden most places.

I dont like it. But then Im more a fan of warm, southern climates.

It's strange how that sort of thing works.

I know what you mean though. I grew up in a small down with very dull looking buildings like your pic related, and it does indeed look rustic and poor (mainly because the town was actually rustic and poor)

I'll trade you places Hans. You can live where I do. It gets up to 32 degrees here in the summer and unbearably humid.

Please don't compare us to britain.

That's what I thought, I knew it was down to that. Your architecture is exactly how you explained it. It is a little different over here, a lot of our road routes have turned into tourist destinations, like the Great Ocean Road.

We put both practical use and beauty together, that's not to say we don't have modernist eye sores here, we've got the UTS building and few other 70's brutalist buildings.

>32 degrees
puss puss

I am as well, to me your picture looks beautiful Reminds me of our desert and beaches combined. I've always liked beach climates, and for some reason I actually miss being sweaty in the summer heat.

[spoiler]I actually like communist housing, but it has done be done alike what we do in sydney[/spoiler]

>tfw no hygge rural cottage

Oh how I'd love to try to steal that boat and get drunk on it while sailing to Yorkshire to scare the locals.

>implying your (ever growing) shitskin neighborhoods don't look like exactly like that, or worse

Beyond age old collages, Sweden is infamous for shit neighbourhoods due to it's refugee tide, but it's not like it is single to scandinavia.

>visually boring
>dull

what the fuck are you talking about?

what kind of retard goes to Scandinavia to look at buildings?

Even the fjords aren't that attractive, landscape is quite dry and artic.

>quite dry and artic
I'm not sure what you meant by that, but most of the western and southern coast of Norway is temperate rainforest.

I mean in the photo above, regardless it isn't like I am a briton being a hypocrite, I live in new south wales and both the Blue mountains and Sydney beaches are like two hours away at the most, I live in quite a naturally beautiful country so when I see Britian, Scandinavia or the baltics I just don't find them appealing, especially compared to southern europe and the richer balkan nations.

The world takes all sorts.. obviously some people are going to agree with your opinion and some are not.

I think most of Australia is ugly and boring and hot, but I can't think of any reason why I would need anyone to back me up on it.

If you like southern europe better then go there.

You seem awfully hurt about an opinion mate, I was just asking if anyone else had the general thought.

You are treating this far too much seriously and taking offense to me not liking the scandis.
Even other scandis replied to this thread without feeling victimized, bruv.

>Ugly
Now now mate, you're just being contraian.

>its not being butthurt or taking offense when i do it

uh huh, lovely.

Have you actually been there? I'm guessing not, because the older parts of Oslo has ornate façades on old, stone buildings just like any other city.

I assume you're referring to that common style of wooden housing, from your pic. You might also want to consider a cultural bias, because houses like that in Australia would be more common in poorer, run down areas and shitty towns. It's entirely possible that a Yuros perspective would be entirely different, having commieblocks occupying the same social space or strata that weatherboard houses have in Australia.

That last part of post was supposed to be a joke, but since you haven't denied being pants cranky about me having an opinion, I guess it answers why you can't see that.

I'm not sure going there equates to liking it, you can still visit a country while still holding the same opinion of it regardless. I'd make a good assumption I wouldn't change my opinion.

No, not just that. Look at my other posts in this thread. It isn't just singular to the buildings in OP but also relative to architecture, infrastructure, and general atmosphere and environment.

I'm not sure where you live, beyond a few houses in my neighbourhood the majority of the houses were estate built or newly developed, and I live in a real shithole.

>Weatherboard houses
Mabye I should had used another image because you're focusing on one point rather then reading the thread.