The people have spoken

KDE is the best Linux.

opensource.com/article/17/5/linux-desktop-environment-poll

Other urls found in this thread:

solus-project.com/2017/05/23/waiter-theres-a-plasma-desktop-in-my-soup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck is pantheon? Never heard of this de.

This was always obvious. I wish someone would maintain KDE for Solus.

A macos like clone which is used by elementaryOS

Put shortcuts on xfce or whatever to lee apps- 2nd if there's any performance advantage to that sonic it loads up all lee libs but waters- get to mess with wt f desktops and still lee apps.

solus-project.com/2017/05/23/waiter-theres-a-plasma-desktop-in-my-soup/

*KDE is the best DE

I always liked KDE, so ya

I feel like KDE is best OOTB and performance-wise, but GNOME is killer for customizing. I feel like all KDE desktops look the same, while there's more variance in the GNOME desktops. On the other hand, WM masterrace?

KDE looks great but can be buggy at times. For a production system, I'd go with something else. Probably xfce for the lightweight aspect.

Or just i3 with no DE

>gnome
>more customizeable than KDE

What Twilight Zone hell have I wandered into?

The only usable one is xfce. KDE is bloated, gnome is dead since gnome3 released.

>>>/phoronix/

Ah ok. Thanks. I guess I knew what it was just not the name.

>3492 votes
Into the trash it goes

Sounds like a huge statistical sample for Linux desktop users.

delet this

More like least terrible DE

I call bullshit, online polls are just horrible. Shills and fanboys usually tend to falsify the poll with multiple votes. Of the popular distros only SUSE ships with KDE, while Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora and Manjaro don't.

KDE and GNOME are for newfags.
Xfce is objectively the best.

>Debian, Ubuntu
except they do

What a bullshit poll

Gnome, KDE and Unity all suck, but Gnome is BY FAR the most popular DE now that Unity is being deprecated and replaced by Gnome in Ubuntu. KDE is practically dead by comparison.

GNOME master race

>Gnome is BY FAR the most popular DE
it's the most used DE, but i'm not sure if it's the most popular.
so people who use Gnome just because it comes by default with most Distros probably wont vote for Gnome (or anything else), while people explicitly switching to / installing KDE will vote for KDE

>Of the popular distros only SUSE ships with KDE, while Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora and Manjaro don't.
Debian currently ships with nothing. You just get X and have to choose out of five DEs which you want to install optionally. I installed it yesterdays.

Honestly?

For years, and I mean, ever since KDE 4, I've found problems left and right with KDE. It was always rather slow specially. Every year I try it a few times.

But recently I did on a live distro and I have to say, it is probably the best thing out there. It has terrible defaults, yes. But that's pretty much the biggest issue with this DE if you have at least a modern computer. I've been using the same computer for years and they have done something apparently, because now it just works smooth. I'm not sure if this is some wayland trickery and I didn't check, if AMD finally stepped up their game and support GCN 1.0 cards with AMDGPU PRO drivers or what. The thing is, it runs fine now and if I ever have to switch to linux again, I will use KDE.

Also I did not try but, does KDE work fine on the X220?

I think Pantheon is low on votes because no one knows the elementary DE is called "Pantheon".

You can extend GNOME with Javascript, HTML and CSS.

I think pantheon is low because they called their userbase thieves

Why should i use kde over cinnamon?

They've improved Xfce in recent release but in general it's not as lightweight as it used to be