So whose bright f*ucking idea was it to make certain UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS ports not be compatible with other UNIVERSAL...

So whose bright f*ucking idea was it to make certain UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS ports not be compatible with other UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS cords/devices? Aren't these things supposed to be UNIVERSAL? Wasn't that the whole damn point? Why does my freaking mouse only plug in to SOME ports but not others? I know they have different labels but if you're going to call yourself a UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, then you shouldn't have more than one type. You should be UNIVERSAL. One type. One plug. One port. Universal.

Type C is supposed to do this, but just produced pic related

maybe you want to check your mouse bro, probably has AUTISM

U dont read , dont you ?

It was made over 20 years ago. Needs change and over time. It's called universal because anything of the same designation should meet the same standards.

either your computer or your mouse is not actually up to standard or is defective in some way

Type C solves a lot of fucking problems and also integrates other ports into the mix (DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3).

It's also 100% backwards compatible with a passive dongle you can get for $5 anywhere.

>(DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3)
HDMI too, It just need more widespread adoption.

not universal then

also 5$ jsus

HDMI isn't relevant when DP is an option

>when DP is an option
Conference room tv's/projectors almost never have DP and always have HDMI.

USB type A isnt universal, it can't transport PCIe or DisplayPort lanes
Seriously, USB C is everything we need, why are faggots bitching about this?
I don't own any type C stuff because my gears are old and cheap, but I hope in 5 years C will be everywhere.

USB type C will be universal very soon. Problem is your trying to use legacy tech with modern tech.

>USB devices will be USB C
>USB host will be USB C as well
>Screen will be USB C (with DisplayPort)
>LAN-sized networks cables will be USB C (with PCIe)
>eGPU will become a standard, because you can plug a graphic card enclosure with USB C on every laptop
>Chargers will be USB C, because new USB power spec
>Monitors will act as docking stations that can charge the laptop, attach them to the network, act as USB hub... With a single USB C cable
>you can use your phone as small external monitor (see Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra), or plug your phone on your TV
>You will find USB C sockets at MacDonald's and in airports

This is the future

The bus is universal.

Modern chipsets have started gimping the USB1 support. I have a nice flatbed scanner that won't sensibly work with a Z97 machine.

>if you're going to call yourself a UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS
They're not, though. They're called USB X where X is the generation of the technology with which they're universal.
See, OP? We can all be autistic about naming schemes.

No dumby. The bus is universal, the connections may not be.
Hosts were always USB-A until USB-OTG came along, which was micro-B. Now USB-C can also be used as host.

This. I can't wait for USB C to be everywhere.
It finally happened and we can move on from inferior shit-tier standards and embrace an enlightened state of computing connectivity.

>Seriously, USB C is everything we need, why are faggots bitching about this?
Type A was everything we needed back then, too. In a few years, C will be obsolete and (the pic) will happen once again.

>Modern chipsets have started gimping the USB1 support.

for what fucking purpose.

The great thing about USB is/was that everything worked with everything.

Plug an ancient mouse in a usb2 port and it will work just fine. Plug a modern flash drive in a P2 with usb 1.1a and it will work just fine, at limited speed.

>for what fucking purpose.

>oh shit people are using their old stuff how do we get them to buy new products?

If I had to guess, the problem is with some nonstandard hid driver.

The problem is the USB Implementation Forum (USB-IF) is a clusterfuck and techies make the standards. If they were smart they would have made requirements for minimum USB standards for different connectors like Type C. Instead they make USB 3.0, rename it USB 3.1 Gen 1, and then what was actually USB 3.1 was renamed to USB 3.1 Gen 2. Then people buy USB 3.1 devices expecting new features and higher speed than USB 3.0, but they get a 3.1 G1 device and basically get bamboozled.

>Apple will still use their own proprietary connections

Old ones can suck my dick for not being able to go in both ways

C is good for that alone

Old ones work the same, no matter if it's usb 1, 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0/3.1

C can suck my dick for that alone