If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for data processing?

If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for data processing?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.os.linux/5Rcys5xYuJc/Dpv00xjb5koJ
goodorgy.corgiorgy.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Linux is shit. Use windows 10 instead.
also, muh '''privacy''' is mere a meme. Don't fall for it. Nothing to fear, nothing to hide.

It's serious answer. No meme.

It is also used in programming.

I dont care about the privacy, i'm more mad about microsoft's malware hogging up the computer's resources for said privacy infringement.

cute nails

If Windows is so professional then why is it only used for gaming?

Cad work
Development
Animation
and just about everything you depend on including linux itself was made using windows

the debian logo is a fucking brush from photoshop

Personally I only use Windows for games and Linux for work and anything else.

Even though all the good software is on the other systems.

>and just about everything you depend on including linux itself was made using windows
u wot

idk but i would fuck that loli

it's not an OS for end users
when you know it it's great for everyday use, but if you don't it's not good at all
windows and os x are just mediocre regardless of your experience level, sort of a middle ground

>and just about everything you depend on including linux itself was made using windows

(You)

>as everybody knows there are 3 oses: linux, windows and macos
>linux couldn't have existed before linux has been created, duh
>macos is gay, also it was introduced in 2001 when steven jobs created apple and released ipod
>therefore linux must have been created on windows
checkmate atheists

you're BRAINk is the mots POWERFULK computer r

this guy's a fag, windows is shit

I just want privacy, I don't want 50 pajeets watching my every keystroke every click. Is it too much to just ask for some simple privacy?

*GNU/Linux

Ebin

Were literally in a world were people think privacy is not an option anymore. Its bullshit, but whatever.

>were
Read your posts before submitting faggot

I just can't fap in peace knowing that someone somewhere is recording my browsing history and the page that I fapped on. I try I really do, but I just can't climax.

if you have nothing to hide than give me all your passwords

:]

obvious bait.

That's what it is now, you can't do anything without knowing somewhere you're being watched,
Ahem, suddenlink.

You know that is happening regardless of your os, right?
All your network traffic is logged from routers along the path and sent to the NSA

I just can't fap in peace [i]without[/i] knowing that someone somewhere is recording my browsing history and the page that I fapped on. I try I really do, but I just can't climax.

Oh my god, fucking nudes. That simple. Literally anything could leak from your machine.

There are plenty of things that people do that are not illegal or immoral but could cost them dearly if it was made public.

Jesus Christ.

It's used for AI that power sexbots

> If Linux is so powerful then why is it only used for data processing?
Nice joke.

are you retarded?
quit taking nudes if you're worried about people seeing them. even if you take the OS out of the mix, there's still the risk of nudes getting leaked through other channels.

> don't ever do things in private you wouldn't do in public

4/10 troll made me respond

Not the point. Would you let your toilet manufacturer install cameras in your bathroom? They only want to get metrics on how you're using it, dude.

What if you're gay and you haven't come out yet, and your browsing history leaks?

>inb4 some Sup Forums shit

>linux itself was made using windows
n-nani?!

I'm not saying not to take them. I'm saying if you're going to be embarrassed by something, there's likely a reason.

>person enjoys being slapped around by bananas
>this information is leaked to the public
>person now has two options:
>1) be embarrassed and try to hide it
>2) own up to it and quit being a fucking pussy
people won't respect you if you can't stand up for what you believe in.

By all means, take nudes. Send them out. Just don't give a fuck what people think of you for doing it. Problem solved.

it's twenty fucking seventeen. being gay is hardly a problem. shit, being a pan-sexual transracial genderqueer self-identified strawberry cupcake is getting to a point that it's not unheard of.

Because normies cant handle the power.

I'll fucking screenshot this retard.

Did you just destroy your own argument?

Have you ever worked with gigantic datasets?

linux dominates everything that isn't desktop.

this

>"linux was made using windows"
dumbest shit I've heard all day

kill yourself

WEW
E
W

With great power comes great responsibility.

Because Americans are brainwashed into thinking anything that is free is worse than anything you pay for. This mindset allows companies like Apple and Microsoft to trap Americans into their ecosystem of products and services so that before the American realizes they are being conned it's already too late.

I'm still in awe at how popular Apple products are when they don't even support FLAC.

>FREE lossless audio codec
lel, poorfag

There are people who unironically think this and also think they're superior for thinking it. It's how they stay ignorant.

Linux was created on MINIX with the GNU compiler

All operating systems only process data in the end, user.

groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.os.linux/5Rcys5xYuJc/Dpv00xjb5koJ

superbly meme

If Linux is only used for data processing, why do we have desktop/screenfetch threads all the time? WINFAG BTFO

>also, muh '''privacy''' is mere a meme. Don't fall for it. Nothing to fear, nothing to hide.

But I have nothing to hide. So stop breaking my privacy.

>only used for data processing?
Said the man who's never worked with a databse in his entire life.

cute nails

>only used for data processing
You mean only used for watching anime?

linux is good for specific tasks. for web dev it's great but for game dev it's just a pain in the ass that can be done faster and more reliably in windows.

>>mother calls me up every night because "muh computer doesn't work"
>>some stupid Windows shit going wrong everytime
>>enough is enough
>>install opensuse on her computer and say "It's a special update"
>>dont hear from mom in awhile
>>call mom up and ask her about her computer
>> "no problems since you performed the special update," she says. Completely oblivious she no longer runs windows.
>>been over a year. computer hasn't crashed. all apps run fine. no more late calls asking for a computer to be fixed.

Linux is obviously more stable than Windows for an average user.

goodorgy.corgiorgy.com/

Its because normies don't need or want to figure out how something works. They just want it to work for them.

Do you builld your own house too? Build your own car? Grow your own food? You don't because it doesn't interest you, you just want the end result. That's what a computer is to 99% of the population. There's a reason why computers didn't catch until a GUI was introduced.

Like how I'm okay with my car because I only use it to get from point a to point b, while a car enthusiast would probably hate driving it because it's not fast enough, he can't change this part or that part. I don't give a shit, it's just a vehicle.

That's why Linux will never be an average guy's OS. Shit has too many problems for the average guy and you have to jump through hoops to make it work. Everyone here is okay jumping through those hoops because we know how to and are interested in doing so.

Like seriously, you used FLAC as an example? Noone gives a shit about your free lossless faggot file, just audio enthusiasts. If anything the average person would think it's useless as it takes up more space on their device.

The ignorance of tech enthusiasts is astounding.

Windows 10 has been running on both my parents laptops for a few years. They follow the golden rules of not clicking shit that looks like a scam and to pull the plug and restart the thing before calling me. Haven't had a single problem.

Maybe your mom's just a dumbass.

Because it's so powerful.

Expected, not average. User is a random variable.

You're just proving his point.

Nice fake story user. Whoever trained you to be a shill didn't do a very good job.

Well there's only one way to prove it

>he uses meme arrows outside of Sup Forums
Fucking normalfags.

wew lad
Back to >>>pol
Where retards are contained

isnt data processing why i have a computer?

Linux is used for data processing because it is so powerful.

>falling for obvious bait
>giving (you)s
>newfag.png
You commie filth are way beyond any saving

Here's your (you)

What else do you use a computer for lol? it is the only thing it can do
kek

r cute nails

I know this is bait, but seriously, I can't take anymore of this.
either actually LEARN informatics or fuck off.
I'm sick, physically and emotionally sick, of your incessant shitposting.
If you don't understand a topic, don't comment on it.
Linux is the furthest away from being obsolete compared to the proprietary and bricked shitfest that is Macintosh software and hardware, or the banal and bloated botware of Micropenis.
If you want play your shitty AAA games (in which they don't even bother anymore), rather than actually contribute to intelligent technology related discussion? That's great.
But newsflash!
We have a containment board for that rubbish:
>Go home!
>Picture very much related, it is you trying to browse and understand TRUE Sup Forumsthreads.

>GNU/NEETs can't take criticism of their amateur hobbyist autism OS

(You)

I don't use Windows because normies use it.

I'm a technology enthusiast, not a drooling worm that has a sensory overload whenever there are more than two options to choose from.