Surface Laptop

Reviews are in. Almost all unanimously praising the Surface Laptop.

Linus: youtube.com/watch?v=UVEHYVMoy94

Austin: youtube.com/watch?v=HKUgxVNSDCw

Verge: youtube.com/watch?v=JCmWp4KB5zw

Daniel: youtube.com/watch?v=WWO4RVhCHh4

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&urlLangId=&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEntryId=1760653&quantity=1
youtube.com/watch?v=JCmWp4KB5zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The way you keep making the same exact threads makes me think you're trying to make sure everyone here hates these laptops.

The shit is too expensive in Mexico. I really need a Windows laptop but for 20k+ pesos I'd rather just upgrade my PC.

>It's great for browsing the web and light multitasking
>1300$

>4GB
>$1000
>doesn't even let you run your own software with the stock OS

How the fuck do they get away with this

>no i/o
>4gb of ram
>$2,000,000,000
>stock OS is trash

take the /thinkpadpill/ breh

>One fucking USB port.
>Windows 10S, so no desktop
apps
>Worse than a Chromebook
>Apple price
Is this a joke?

I don't know, they all compare it to the LG Gram, which they seem to tout as the better laptop.
It's no surprise though, the LG Gram has replaceable SSD and RAM, screwed in battery, not glued and it survives drops better than a Thinkpad while weighing less than 1 kilogram.
Easily a contender for the best laptop of 2017.

If you don't need the ports or that extra battery life the surface pro's the better option. You need to remember that the gram is 15".

*surface laptop

What's the fucking battery life with iris pro and i7 someone tell me now

and then compare it to other laptops like the surface book and XPS 15

I was planning to get one for uni, but I'm pretty disappointed with just how hard it will be to write shit down with the pen.

Anybody know any good alternatives or would I be best off getting a surface pro 4?

Buy a marble notebook you underage shit

I'm 20, just starting uni late. I'll look into it, thanks.

Pos costs 200 to make costs 5 times as much you're suckers to corporate contracts and tie-ins

You need expensive laptop to play games you literally need notepad to make app

8-9 hours casual use, 6-7 serious werk

If you're gonna use a pen get the Surface Pro, and not the 4 get the new one. The improved battery life is a must.

>something something R&D

Oh fuck I thought a marble notebook was a laptop. I have a learning disability and can't write at all, So I'm looking for a laptop where I can keep graphs and math equations on my laptop with the rest of my notes.

I just need 16gb RAM really and I like Iris Pro for some light 3d CAD

I read with the new surface pro you have to buy the keyboard and stylus separately, seems like an overly greedy move by Microsoft. That shitty I/O is still problematic.

If you're not averse to HP you can get the HP Spectre X2.

i7-7560U + Iris Pro 640

16gb ram
256gb SSD

3kx2k resolution
3:2 aspect ratio

keyboard and pen included

all for $1450 before discounts.

store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&urlLangId=&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEntryId=1760653&quantity=1

>hurdur Windows 10S
Free upgrade to Pro you fucking retard. Microsoft was too stupid to realize that all you retarded fuckers are too stupid to read the fine print that tells you about the free upgrade.

it also has 2 USB-C ports and a MicroSD slot

looks great iris pro even on the lower end shit

>HP Surface Poor X2
All the drawbacks of first gen surface plus all the drawbacks of shitty HP consumer shit.

Isn't that around 500 usd?

Does anyone know if you can PXE boot it and install any OS yet?

The whole surface product line has priced out most of the market.

Who wants to pay aud$2500 for a tablet with no keyboard or pen?

Just get an Elite X2, or go Dell if you really want "consumer" hardware.

Thanks for the suggestion I'm looking into it.

Its for trendy buisnesses to buy in bulk to run enterprise software.

Limiting stuff to the windows store prevents idiots from downloading shit.

Nobody here is the target demographic.

That still doesn't excuse everything else. People may not know of the pro upgrade, and stick with 10s which is a bullshit OS...

Also I absolutely hate this 1 usb port bullshit... can't use a USB mouse and a flash drive at the same time (inb4 bluetooth) and everyone is falling into the soldered in everything bullshit that i'm sure this has as well.

>1USB port
>1 mini display port

>buy our $200 dock for more ports

yeah cry about apple but

least apple is pushing USB C

and before anyone complains most don't use it still, that won't change till someone starts using the port

Yeah it's LITERALLY physical DLC... Pay more, and get more BASIC functionality out of your computer.

>Verge: youtube.com/watch?v=JCmWp4KB5zw
>so few compromises
>SO FEW COMPROMISES

m8 my bestbuy shitbook from 4 years ago has more capabitilities