we need to go wider

that's a big cpu

For you....

If I pull that lid off will you die?

It would be extremely painful.

You're a big die.

4 u

was killing intel part of your plan?

Of course. they refused our offer in favor of yours we had to find out what they told you.

Nothing I said Nothing!

My body is ready! Just give me a one, for the love of God!

Fuck this moar cores, all I want is a mitx motherboard with AM4

bioflame soon (tm).

What´s the socket name? AM4X2? or what?

am4 X

TR4 aka SP3r2.

Last time I got notification on May 17 and rumor is they were gone in minutes.
I only found the notification next day.

what? im still hoping for the hilarity that could come from dual socket tr4 matx (or dare i say mitx) boards.

How in the FUCK do you fit 4094pin socket into ITX board?

that pcb to the next level and have 3d + design

in asrock we trust

They barely managed to fir 2066 into ITX, while resorting to SODIMMs. In no way it's possible to fir SP3 into ITX board.

>LGA
AMD has finally a entered the arena.

whats wrong with sodimms?

>finally
hownew.ru

>hex pads
Sexy.

Only because its a big chip, they had time to switch ryzen to LGA but they did not.

HNNG

MUH DEE

kikeripper

delid dis

It looks like a small town surrounded by solar cells

Mainstream will remain PGA, this is server and HEDT will require LGA to reduce manufacturing costs and defects possibly caused by such a large chip.

>israel inside

Theres less pins.
user brought up that point because its a matter of physical space. Every contact needs a trace run to the socket, and you have finite dimensions to work with until you start putting everything on a daughter board.

UNNNNHH THICKEEEEERRR

Well congratulations, you got yourself caught. What's the next step of your master plan?

Anuda Shoah! With no survivors!

thats on amd too, is it on threadripper too? i mean if i gotta pay $700 for a non botnet cpu so be it

There's an option of making the board with moar layers but it's much more expensive.

Crashing this rig...

this

Pins on the CPU make for superior contact but suffer on density.

what's the story on ECC and RDIMM/LRDIMM support?

I mean it's not like I expect to go >128 GB immediately, but if the platform's supposed to last 3 or 4 years, I'd like to have half the slots free for when I wanted to upgrade to 24c ThreadRipper3 in a couple years and felt like going to 256 GB or something.

now you can blue screen twice as fast, because what's a 'driver'?

>le cpu drivers
kys beawesome

Supports ECC, but no RDIMM/LRDIMM.

Came here to say this

>Supports ECC, but no RDIMM/LRDIMM.

is it just to prevent cannibalizing the Epyc market, or do the different electrical load characteristics of buffered memory require different mobo and CPU package designs?

you can't pull it off because it's soldered

Probably the former.

buying one for my next gaming rig.

I don't think you need 16 cores for your gaming rig.

>buying HEDT part for gaymen
At least it clocks alright for 16 cores.

you can heat the lid up until the solder liquifies, then you can Delid™

Why would you do that?

there's no reason to do that, but it's possible.

Direct die cooling.

1-2 degrees difference. Not worth it at all.

>HEDT
>ITX
Wot

Asscock and their 2066 ITX board say hello.

youtu.be/Zhuqx54vpJg
INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

Put your trip back on, it's too obvious, nobody else is that retarded.

Are these out yet?

No. Probably August.

Considering it's a workstation/server grade cpu I'd assume they have PSP on it. In fact I don't think they've made any CPUs without PSP since athlon II days.

In the past multi-die on package cpus as well as multi-socket systems have had terrible performance for gaming. Why is is AMD trying to market thread ripper to gamers? Who ever buys the thing thinking they will get decent performance even in games that are heavily threaded will be sorely disappointed.

>in the past
You got your answer.

Now baby I'm the Ripper
Your Baby Daddy's Worst Nightmare.

It's not being marketed toward gamers.

It's being marketed as a workstation CPU That demolishes Intels HEDT segment for a fraction the price, and gamers who want high quality, lag free encoding for their live streams.

It's Intel that is having trouble marketing their low end Kaby-X on a high end Sky-X platform and calling it a processor for enthusiasts.

AMD have used LGA for some years now on their server lineups.
Only consumer has had PGA.

4U 4U FOR JU
FOUR U FOR YOU
FOR YA FOO YUUU

What coin is this? Trying to get a sense of the size but I need a reference I can recognize.

imagine the socket for that lil baby

How about the average human hand size?

>Threadripper
>not Kikeripper

Dell have an exlusivity deal with AMD to be the only large OEM (Read, Large, IE; HP. ASUS. etc. etc.) to have access to Threadripper chips to go into their upcoming Alienware Area 51 refresh. There will be options of 16 and 12 core models available. There will also be x299 based offerings from Intel. Such as their 10 and 12 cores. Little to no word on higher core count offerings from Intel going into these. But last I heard the 18 core was delayed until 2018 anyway.

I believe the Area 51 with Threadripper is available from July 27th. Threadripper NDA lifts in 5 days however.

You're a big cpu

It would be extremely painful

so you're saying reviewers already have threadripper and will show it to us next week?

This.

amd gets desperate : the chip

I'm saying threadripper and epyc have been in the hands of industry professionals for some time now under NDA, as is the case with most HEDT and server products. It ensures plenty of pre orders.
Microsoft have already dumped intel in favour of EPYC for their Project Olympus.

My mistake.
The EPYC NDA lifts in 5 days.
But seeing how Ryzen scales, we should be able to accurately calculate where Threadripper should sit in terms of performance.

>you can't pull it off because it's soldered

Idle Cores general.

requirement of all CPU makers selling CPUs in the united states
trustzone, intel management engine, as of yet unnamed software in arm chips that have the same heuristics
same exact code

>requirement of all CPU makers selling CPUs in the united states

Got a source for that?

More like AMD is about to deliver a Grade A asskicking: The Chip.

why is it rotated like that on the right side? couldn't they mirror reflect the circuitry in mspaint or something?

>it's not even epyc

move along