Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/
pastebin.com/embed_iframe/wDmBg578
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/install_guide
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the best way to learn the command line in Linux?

Any tips on how to clean and get cum out of the fabric on the seat of a computer chair? I was thinking like lemon based disinfectant maybe

Coca Cola and tooth brush

How to edit the sound in a webmaster file?

by not trying it

Ok so I got this old motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-6WMMC7 which I need to get running in order to fix an xbox however I dont know if modern power supplys would work.

Would a modern ATX power supply work? and at what wattage? Probably gonna have a nvidia 5200 in there as a dos win 98 gaming rig

Not show is 3 pci slots

That's an ATX mobo so yes an ATX PSU will work.

>nvidia 5200

also wattage is simply the maximum output of the PSU, you're not going to break things even if you slapped a 1000 watt PSU in there, the stuff plugged into it only takes what it needs.

my android randomly reboots about once a week
i checked the last kernel messages and they always have this string
>SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O
anyone know what this means?

i need a good timer for linux (gui, no terminal shit), even for windows is ridiculously hard as fuck to find one, but just a timer, not task workflow or bullshit like that

whats a good ssd health checker?

i have 2 ssds that are experiencing stuttering and really bad speeds (slower than my 7200rpm drives). theyre almost 3 years old

SSD Life pro is good. Don't you have software made by the company that made the SSD ?

is my homepage disgusting? how can i improve it? pls no bully ;-;

> Reddit

GTFO of this board

Should I use an better gpu or a different one? I need one thats pci(old PCI) as this board doesnt have agp and ill mostly just play old games that are dos/look like shit at high res

Thanks, gotta make sure I find one with molex connectsors then

I know I just dont wanna overspend

Following a kind user's advice from a previous thread to hopefully install Win7 over a Win10 laptop that has compatible Win7 drivers and non-7th gen chipset.

The current version of YUMI doesn't have the differentiation of Windows installs like how he originally stated. Will this matter?

Also, it is not "asking me if want anything else", should I just install Win7 overtop it without wiping the thumbdrive, or will that override everything?

Same poster, gdi, I was wrong. It did ask for more files, and added the Win7 iso.

Continuing with the operation now. Hopefully I can report back with favorable results to share to the collective.

can i make windows behave like *nix? aka using the same terminal commands to do the same thing

And no, I'm not selecting my HDD-- didn't screenshot on the machine with the thumbdrive.

Read the Linux Pocket Guide. There might be better books, but that one is the best I've read and a good place to start.

What's the cheapest way to get windows 10 ltsb? If I crack it will I still be able to get updates?

>Reddit
>Botnets
Otherwise, it's pretty nice. I would allow you to design one for me.

>What's the cheapest way to get windows 10 ltsb?

enroll in university and request a microsoft imagine/dreamspark account, which gives you access to windows 10 for free

download it and then withdraw from the school

You can download a Ubuntu bash shell for Windows 10: howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

>Linux Pocket Guide
Thanks man, I will definitely check it out.

The links on the ol' Windows 10 Enterprise edition are dead. Anyone know if there's a more current pastebin circling around?

pastebin.com/embed_iframe/wDmBg578

Timing what? If it's just one task search again for stopwatch applications, rather than time tracking. If it's multiple tasks, grab one of the more complex ones, and only use the parts you need.

Work finally moved to windows 10 but they're doing their own ghetto ltsb type setup

anyway to get linux subsystem without the anniversary update?

did ms fix the Ryzen cpu problem on win10 yet?

help

>
linking from previous thread

By audio port you mean mini.jack?
Yes if you know how to solder.

On a computer? Just get a new soundcard. Or do you mean for a phone or some other portable device?

there is a dllhost that activates ocassionally in task manager, then disappears shortly after. How can check the location of it? as long as the file name extension is .exe and is located in system32, am i fine?

meant to

I mean the port itself not a jack
The port is on the motherboard not a sound card

Maybe.
Did you check out what Largehard had to say about it?
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/install_guide

Is there a way to inject malicious code into something like a game directory or even a mod that can be uploaded to steam workshop? Hiding in executable files is one thing, but I'm trying to see if there's some vulnerability to 3rd party modding.

For example, creating malware using photoshop's ancient .raw format still executes, and for some reason isn't picked up by most AVs.

If you have extreme electronics mastery, you could do it, but it would almost definitely be easier and cheaper to just replace the whole motherboard than to spend years learning obscure electronic engineering.

I'm using windows 10 and not all the fonts are in the fonts folder. Where are the ones I can't see? When I installed gimp there where fonts called unmasked or cc [whatever], but they are not in the windows font folder.

Why would an SSD randomly disconnect? Im in windows 7.

>2 Samsung 850 Evos in desktop
>one is boot drive, other is just being used for storage right now

Per Samsung Magician, there has only been 0.7tb written to it and SMART says its good. Its only been on 3000 hours.
>as opposed to 18tb written and 15000 hours on boot drive

The last 2 or 3 days ive either seen Windows pop up and say my new hard drive is ready for use, like I just installed it, or I look and its not showing up as an installed drive.
I restart it shows in BIOS and it pops back up in windows.

Is it failing?

Might be power issue. Have you installed any performance-enhancing programs? Perhaps motherboard utilities?

GIMP will put fonts under its install location in "Program Files" and/or "C:\Users\[username]\.gimp-[version]\fonts"; check there as well.

No, and I havent updated 7 in probably a year now.

I did update my motherboard BIOS, but thats been a while back now.

How likely are you to get a letter copyright infringement for watching sports streams?

Just checked both, and could only find the later, gimp's fonts folder is empty.

almost 0, no matter what Dana tries to tell you

Were the fonts there though?

? No, there where no fonts in the gimp fonts folder.

Open GIMP, then go Edit -> Preferences. On the bottom left of that new dialog is a Folders entry in the tree. Open it and click on Fonts. This should give you a list of the directories GIMP searches for fonts.

I understand that you can pipe things directly in the shell like
ls | grep 'string'
and with some programs like ffmpeg you can specify pipe like pipe:0 for stdout and pipe:1 for stdin
is there any way I could have ffmpeg running in screen accepting some input from an arbitrary pipe x and have another process redirect output to pipe x (executed not exactly at time of ffmpeg execution). This is all in the interest of outputing rtmp streams to a streaming service without the rtmp stream being interrupted (sending garbage/blank data is fine)

I upgraded my phone the other day and they said I could get a G
Galaxy Tab E for 99 cents if I go claim the offer within a week. Should I go get it?

Are you going to be stuck paying 15 bucks a month for 2 years?

Here
Used Yumi 2.0.4.9, but unfortunately, can't seem to boot off of it. I've tried 2 methods:

1) In BIOS, switching USB thumb drive to priority booting. Machine still boots to Win10 on HDD, bypassing the thumb drive.

2) Going into File recovery. Unfortunately, Win10 seems to guide this instead of some BIOS function. I can take a pic of need be, but attached image is what comes up.

Trying to put Win7 on a laptop with Win10. Anyone have any suggestions?

25 actually.

Read up on named pipes; see if they'll do what you need.

Tell them to shove it up their ass

Im thinking between either a 7600k or a r5 1600x for video games. I care more about minimal framerate than the average framerate as long as it gets stays above 60. Should I shoot for a 1600x then?

Ask yourself if the device is worth $600.99 to you.

thanks, didn't know the term to google.

here again.
I also tried inserting my trusty, official Win7 installation disc. Machine refused to load it--- said the "Selected boot image did not Authenticate."

Secure boot... and I don't think that YUMI is UEFI bootable.. so you may have to switch to legacy just to yumi

>Should I shoot for a 1600x then?

Yeah, thats a good bet

Gives me two folder's both empty
>C:\Users\X\.gimp-2.8\fonts
>C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\fonts

Also pic related.

where the fuck are these fonts

If I plug in two monitors to graphics card, both monitors dont work.
If I plug in one monitor to graphics card, and one to motherboard, the graphics card monitor works.

How do I make both monitors work on the graphics card? They used to work both but I turned it on yesterday and it was like this.

I have W10 Education that I got from the school, and it needed 4 gb of updates. After the updates, it appears to just be normal Windows now since it has Cortana. What gives?

Is it worth it to learn Delphi?
Also, why is it better to index an array using strings instead of integer?

Doh!
Alright, doing so now. It ~looks~ like the W7 flashing lights came up with "Starting Windows", but has been frozen for a few minutes.

What happens if I try again and it freezes again?

How do I get python to read a string backwards until it reaches a certain character, then slice of everything before that character?

Here again.
Tried both installing from the YUMI thumbdrive and official Windows7 Disc with SecureBoot disabled. Win7 freezes at the same animation place on each. Is this because of W10 fuckery?

I'm a bit out of my knowledge skill level here. How would I switch to legacy or what other changes should I try?

Nevermind, I'm dumb.
Found Legacy Support [disabled] right above Secure Boot.

Thank you again for your help!

I want to keep my work botnet separate from my personal botnet, is there any risk in plugging my phone into my work computer just for charging?

Why is xorg/x11 so fucking bloated? Gentoo, Funtoo, if you're compiling it from source, there's a bazillion huge packages to compile. Can't the X devs shrink this down at all?

You're saying that none of those fonts are in the Windows' fonts directory?

Yes.
If you're really paranoid buy a cheap powered USB hub and charge from that.

def slice_before(string, char):
# Use a reverse range.
# Number starts at the last index of string and counts backwards
# Until it hits 0
for ii in range( len(string)-1, -1, -1):
if( string[ii] == char ):
return string[ii:]

print( slice_before("Hello", "e") )

i have a specced out (7700k, gtx 1080, etc) desktop at home and a 10 year old thinkpad

how do i get the best experience possible streaming my desktop to my laptop? im on home wifi with decent speeds according to google

>What PDF reader to you use user-くん~

Oh, question:

Win7 install seems to be working now that I did Secure Boot disabled and Legacy Enabled,

but when its asking me for Drivers on the installation, I burned all the drivers from the manufacturer's website to a dvd... the installer is telling me no device drivers were found.

Is there a way to skip this and just load up the bare-bones version of Win7, then run the driver exe's myself?

>dfw memes
kys falalam

is time travel possible?

Are binoculars considered technology? What do you recommend I should buy?
Price > Quality

my windows 10 computer becomes unbearably slow if i let it go into "hibernate" and then bring it back

im using an ssd and have pretty good specs, and i have to just restart the computer if i ever let it go into hibernate which is kind of annoying

Turn off hibernate then.

I made a thing how do i make it work? oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
HELP ME PLZ I DON'T UNDERSTAND D:

You might get decent advice on /an/ or /out/, since birders need good glass as well as good ears.

Galaxy 7 here
When i phone post on Sup Forums and press enter to jump to a new line, it deletes the last word from the previous line
How do i stop that?

If this is the wrong board just point me to the right one senpai

how do i set up a comfy c/++ dev experience on windows

im using Sealion and minGW and it works but its not very comfy

The drivers in question are most likely USB 3.0, you'll need to modify the installer image to add them downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Thanks user

A harddrive that has never given me problems before smells like smoke and is running at 60c
already backed it up and i'm gonna take it out after posting this but what causes this? all the fans are running

so when i play videos on youtube or downloaded, some are very very quiet, yet others are extremely loud. ive tried these videos on another computer and the audio is leveled out.

whats causing this imbalance on my pc? is there any volume control programs that can take care of this?

Okay, this is really pissing me off. I've been having trouble with my computer for a long time, and every time I fix something, a new problem comes up.

My computer freezes up, so I dust it. It still freezes up but sometimes just shuts down completely. I apply new thermal compound to the heatsink. It shuts down way more often, even during startup. I tighten up something that was loose, now my computer simply resets really often.

I've scanned and removed viruses and I'm fairly certain there's no issues with disconnected wires or anything. I've tried to reset CMOS by removing the battery thing (which is apparently the only way for my computer), but it STILL just randomly restarts. I could be doing something simple but 5-10 minutes after I boot up my computer, it restarts. Sometimes right after it boots up.

It's ticking me off, honestly. It's Windows 7.

I restarted my computer and it seems to be fine now, stable 50c as always
weird as shit. Should I keep using it or will that burn my house down?

I am buying my gf an ssd, its for her notebook. will a mid tier ssd be enough for her?

she will be using it for photoshop, rhino, etc

also, how do I know what type of sata her optical drive has, it is a rebranded notebook from china so theres not much info online

Why my bootable usb drive is always hot when i use it? I thought that once you start a program it gets loaded into ram and then it stays there, and i just use it with firefox and other few things

What's a good way of programming a data tree in C++, and also easily adding/removing nodes from it?