Why are Spanish parents so overprotective?

Why are Spanish parents so overprotective?

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/spain/youth-unemployment-rate
vocaroo.com/i/s0xPUosIDlpS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Catholic tradition

P-sure that has more to do with a mix of the current economic downturn and 'lax Mediterranean culture than anything else.

>mommy cleans your clothes and make you food, no rent to pay

why leave?

Also, and correct me if this isn't true, in Scandinavian countries the state pays money for rent to students.

Yes, I get 800 eur a month from the government, plus it pays my tuition fees

If I'd get 800 euros a month from the state I'd also not live with my parents.

Can you work too or if you work you lose those benefits?

You can make up to 2700 eur without it affecting your student grants

Latino culture is perfect for neets

Damn you guys got it a lot better than here

Is it mostly males living with their parents in Spain?

I'm assuming businesses have quotas for hiring women and they network better so it's harder for Spanish males to afford a place of their own.

For what purpose do you mention specifically "Spanish" if Greeks, Bulgarians, Italians, Romanians, Poles, Portuguese, Cypriots, Balts, Czechs, Slovaks, Slovenes and Hungarians are on the same level or more?

This is not because of being overprotective, it's because of the building bubble we suffered and the young unemployement.

Before that I remember many young Spaniards who started working at 16 and left home at 18.

I wish Greece was at 99%.

Explain Slovakia???

You'll wish your kids live with you or vice versa when you're 80.

>tfw 23 and living with parents
Kill me senpai.

There's literally nothing wrong with living with your parents.

underageb&

La madre que me parió.

27 here

Que te calles moro.

This.

>I remember many young Spaniards who started working at 16 and left home at 18

Most of them guys working in construction and earning obscene amounts of money. Fucking bubble.

tradingeconomics.com/spain/youth-unemployment-rate

Spain Youth Unemployment Rate

Cállate tú, enano subnormal.

Is yours at least going down though? Italy's used to be way higher.

Comeme el rabo.

Yes, and most of them got pretty fucked after it bursted.

Imbécil sin gracia.

>tfw I'm part of 4%
Well, I actually do own an apartment, but I have rented it off due money problems.

The USA has a circular island west of EU? Never knew.

you OWN an apartment? How did you purchase it? Are you using this passive income to buy another one?

As other fellow Spaniards have pointed out, its because we are broke as fuck. Think about an African country whose families stick together to endure perennial poverty.

True dat.

Nevermind. It's mostly Spanish males living at home.
>80% of Spaniards under thirty still live at home with parents

>Just 20.8 percent of Spaniards between the ages of 16 and 29 were "emancipated," or living in their own independent homes in the first half of last year, according to a study released on Monday by the Council for Youth in Spain (CJE).

>Women seem to be better at flying the nest than men, according to the report, with 25.2 percent of young women living away from their parents compared to 16.4 percent of young men.

Buying a house as youngster is silly. Rent it until you reach the retirement. Then you can use your savings to buy a fancy house and little need for reforms.

where did you get those stats?

Cos like said, the government here doesn't pay a fucking shit to help students getting out of their parents' house

>you OWN an apartment?
Yes.
>How did you purchase it?
Started saving in the "first-time home buyer- account"(when you have collected some amount of money bank gives extra 3k€ for buying a home, also rates were pretty good) when I was 18, had enough money to get rest as loan when I was 22, had paid most of the loan off when I was 25, lost my job and rented my apartment when I was 26.
>Are you using this passive income to buy another one?
Nah, I'm actually saving it to start my own company.

no jobs

I wonder if these numbers correlate with our failure as a state in general.
Makes you think.

>living with parentstugal

What kind of company?

They aren't, Spaniards are just sissies

The government here pays you 180 Euro a month, which is close to nothing. We're just smarter, more ambitious and more recourseful. I'd rather die than live at home above the age of 18.

>Estonia once again better than rest of the Balts

Bravo!

Excuse me good sir, you seem to have made a comment in negative light and connotation of my nation. Ignore this simple illusion of a flag for it is not my true identity. Make no mistake, I am not a simpleton like the people of this country, I am a Greek.

Correct. If you are a child.

You also have a small number of people with a degree and your universities are free

Is the circle under *USA the Earth? Because I had no idea Europe was so big in comparison.

you're an shit

Is this a Faroe thing or will it apply to mainland?

>implying
Housing is overpriced and it's value in constant shift (and somehow, you always get screwed...) your parents know and won't mind as long as you aren't a lazy fuck

Buying a house right now is a death sentence, don't know how is it outside Spain

It's unrelated to economy. Spics are mama's boys.

I'm surprised ours is so low, but then again, the 25-34 age bracket is pretty large.

I don't know many people my age (25) who aren't living with their parents.

This is only for students in the Faroe Islands. Quite frankly the situation is a mess, but we're also Danish citizens so we get SU (Danish students grants) instead of Faroese student grants when we're studying in Denmark or abroad.

I am the 4.1%

me too

>I don't know many people my age (25) who aren't living with their parents.
Where? How? Back when I lived in the UK literally all of my friends moved to London or abroad (including me) after uni.

>Where? How?
London and because of insane housing prices.

>London
>I don't know many people my age (25) who aren't living with their parents.
Now you know why. I never understood people willingly moving there when places like Manc or Edinburgh offer very similar opportunities (maybe except for banking).

Staying home after 18 is only acceptable if you are studying in university and don't have those extra gibsmedats the nords get.
But 25 and above is just intolerable. Italy and Spain are too disappointing

no jobs

moved out of my parents house when i was 15.
i've not worked a single day in my life

You only have yourselves to blame. We've never had that problem in Germany.

and i'm 23

>You only have yourselves to blame. We've never had that problem in Germany.
ok, someday i will have a job, ( i think)

>t. cyberman

what's a cyberman

Spanish males are asexual. They'd rather play video games than get laid.

We have no money, salaries are a fucking joke if you don't work in a good company, rents are high in cities, good luck finding decent flats for decent prices, most of them are shit with hotel prices. If we don't live with our parents we will have to live under the fucking bridges.

see

What the fuck is with you people and giving students money, holy shit, I would love to get just 100€.

It depends. My family is quite liberal.

Spain houses are too expensive is like you sign on a paper with the DIABLO. Once he gets you there's no way back.

As a spaniard with teenage kids and faced with how our economy is I welcome them staying forever as long as they obey some basic rules of coexistance.

I'm proud to have my children living with me and hope that they feel ok about putting up with their old man ;_;

>800 Euros
>almost twice the minimum wage in Poland

>people from nanny states boasting about being abble to afford living on your own
wew LADS

>As a spaniard with teenage kids
How old are you?

29 why?

Bait.

Spooky

vocaroo.com/i/s0xPUosIDlpS

Not as spooky as when you turn 43 and see 20 year olds who remind you of yourself except everything's changed and you are no longer in tune with where it's all at