twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arch is based

It's basically Gentoo without all the bullshit

>why shouldnt I go back to it
Why shouldn't you? Arch is the best.

arch is for tryhards
install Ubuntu or Fedora or Debian.
>inb4 the packages are old
Name a single package you genuinely need a newer version of, and explain to me why you don't just install a newer version of it manually.

Arch is shit, install Debian or Fedora.

lolwut

ubuntu is for children, fedora is for neckbeards and debian is actually ok

>Name a single package you genuinely need a newer version of, and explain to me why you don't just install a newer version of it manually.

This is what Debiancucks actually believe.

I just installed arch. Have to deal with network manager shit rn. Install something that works ootb. This autism badge is not worth the time imo

do you have a counterpoint are are you just going to call me a cuck?

nodejs is still in version 0.10 in the debian repos
heh

Do I really need to point of that newer versions of software often have bug fixes, more efficient code and more features than older versions and installing programs manually is a pain in the ass compared to letting the package manager handle it because you'd have to manually handle its libraries and manually update it?

point out*

its painful to move your codebase to a new version though

Not an excuse to let your shit deprecate.

>Tryhard
Just because something difficult for you is easy for me doesn't mean your OS is better

dude NetworkManager is easy af what the hell

>bug fixes
Nononono, you have that backwards, the point of having more mature software is that by the time it reaches Debian Stable or Ubuntu LTS the bugs have been worked out.
>features
I mean I guess, but there really aren't many features being added to the software most people use. It's not worth installing some fanboy built thing like Arch just so I can brag to the other autismos about having a slightly newer version of GNOME or whatever.

I'll install your mother on my penis

WHAT A FAGGOT

captcha: FARM Mistletoe

Instead you can brag to other autismos about how your OS only works with hardware that's at least 5 years old.

it's easy if you have a gui and nm-connection-editor. Without it you have to do `nmcli d wifi connect essid-here password password-here` and hope for the best. If it doesn't work you have to edit shit in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections and it's super pedantic.

glad i didnt have to deal with any wifi problems it just worked right away most of my problems involved an efi partition

No one deploys node with deb packages anyways (or rpms etc for that matter)

I just bought a wall socket wireless to Ethernet range extender because I have 99 problems as it is and wifi is the last one I want to deal with.

Arch is really good.

It combines the flexibility and customisibility of Ubuntu, with user-friendliness and simplicity of Gentoo.

Really the best of both worlds.

If you are retarded: install ubuntu
If you are not retarded and want a platform that is easier to work with when writing software: arch
If you are super lazy and just want updated software/drivers: Antergos

Arch is unironically the easiest time I've had with Linux, and I don't know shit about computers. The only downside is that because you're setting it up yourself it will probably look like shit and you'll spend a long time getting every program and whatnot set up the way you like, but once you do, as long as you don't fuck around it's a simple pacman -Syu a day and you'll keep your machine chugging along perfectly. I've tried Debian, Ubuntu, Crunchbang, and Mint, and I can safely say Arch has been the easiest to use out of all of them.

this

Use Manjaro

test

>Arch is unironically the easiest time I've had with Linux

same for me. i tried fedora ansd i had a lot of problems, arch just works

If you're using the cli, you should use connman or netctl
Connman is my preferred choice.
It will give you a shell where you can type commands, kinda like GNU Parted

Fedora, the distro for real men that get shit done.

I installed it yesterday and I'm just using wifi-menu right now because I couldn't be arsed to setup Network Manager right away. I planned to do it in the next days but I will be unexpectedly busy so yeah.

>arch just works
Not for me it hasn't, but mostly because a lot of the stuff I have been trying to run that is compatible with wayland is still in development.

>install sway
>slows down to a trickle the more windows I open, especially on 4K monitor
>install orbment and way-cooler
only one monitor detected
>install KDE plasma
>freezes and fucking shits itself a few minutes in because fuck you
A shame, because I do like KDE's asthetic even if it feels like a bit of an overwhelming clusterfuck with all the tools and settings.
Might try gnome next if I cannot resolve the problem with KDE plasma, had a look at journalctl and thunar was the last thing that failed before shit hit the fan. Hope removing it and clearing the .cache solves it.

just need a wayland compatible desktop environment for a while until one of the other i3-like window managers improve. way-cooler was pretty damn snappy but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it to recognize my second monitor.
The setup process starting with nothing but the terminal and some core packages was fun though, got to learn a fair bit about what goes on with the OS.

stay away from Linux, we are full

Enjoy your sound drivers

>KDE Plasma
Works on my machine. But that might be because I decided to stick with X instead of venturing into Wayland vaporware.

kek

spot on!
never had any problems.
just takes a bit of time to get it looking and running exactly how you want.

Coming from Xubuntu not having any screen tearing is a godsend.
Was able to run another session of wayland inside the current environment which I found cool.
Haven't crashed in the past 20 minutes or so, hopefully thunar was the issue.

what in Arch makes it easier to write software?

Updated libraries.

I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll ask here. Why the fuck do I need to have gnupg sockets by default?

Gentoo is based

It's basically Arch without all the bullshit

arch is designed by developers for developers, if you're not an advanced user than just install mint or ubuntu

>arch designed by NEETs for NEETs/weebs.
corrected the record for you

GNU botnet

I think you mean GNU/Botnet, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU+Botnet

>apt
fuck outta here with your nigger package manager

who is the guy looking at that blue mountain?

You're gonna need a bigger dongle

Seriously. I have done the whole fucking song and dance distrohopping bullshit and it does not matter. Just install the most used distro which is plain Ubuntu. Stop obsessing over tweaking every little thing and enjoy there being a simple way to install whatever software you want. Enjoy not having to search the AUR or praying for a RPM or source binary being available.

>is arch for niggers?

you mean Black Arch?

pacaur -S gentoo
whoa, so difficult to install packages from the AUR

>tfw can't apt-get install gentoo aur.archlinux.org/packages/gentoo/

I'm glad that Arch exists because all ricer autists at some point moved away from Gentoo to it

Gentoo is for tryhards.
Arch is fucking zen.

It's a shame they're going through a UI change. I'm on manjaro until things finally settle

isn't yaourt better

>is arch for niggers?
yes

>AUR
>Most concise and well fleshed out wiki
>cleanest install
>great logo

Is there any more you can ask for?

Reported.
Keep the racism contained with the rest of the retards.

This, stay in your containment board

How did Ubuntu become the most used linux distro again?

Canonical is a well oiled machine while is the rest of the distros are haphazardly run by autists and pink haired lesbos

Debian(testing) + Openbox + OpenRC

You know what you need to do OP.

omg so much food

i almost puked user pls..

install funtoo

debian is the only choice

Ubuntu server is based though but you script kiddies wouldn't know anything about that

But apt is shit

Essentially install Gentoo

use voidlinux. it is arch without systemd

reported. keep the ableism on r/t_d