eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R2286
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Canadian telecom companies are cancer.

70 dollars or 70 monopoly dollars?

Canuckbucks

>tfw paying 6€ for 4GB data

>on wind
>35% off of the 59$ plan for life
>paying 43$ after tax for 8gb lte, unlimited roaming in canada, unlimited everything etc

Protip fampai, get a dual sim phone and get the $15 for 3GB plan on Fido for everyone in your extended family.

>tfw 2GB of data is $20

My brazilian telecom company is a mess, they pass 2 months without billing me, then suddenly they want me some random money.
I always receive sms telling me my data plan is expiring but its already over 6 gb this month and its running. Im not even sure what its limit, i call there and they dont know. They also send bills to the wrong address but im tired trying to correct this is a fucking mess

>latin america in charge of making reasonable decisions with money

The problem is Canadas size and population density. Europeans pay so little because their country is 1/10 the size of BC with the population of all of Canada. Sometimes it costs extra to live in the best country in the world.

monica

Most of Canada is empty land and most people live by the U.S border, much of Europe is just as densely populated as Southern Ontario yet Canadians still get fucked.

Anybody here on PublicMobile? I was thinking of making the switch myself. By far the best price I could find in Newfoundland.

publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

>fuck rogers

You really missed the point. Sure there are areas in Canada with higher population density but it doesn't change that our infrastructure has to cover such a broad area with so few customers in total. If you travel through Europe with a sim you'll notice that your cheap data hardly covers an area 1/6th the area of Alberta, Think Switzerland or Germany, and the moment you cross the boarder, they start charging you roaming.

Not all of Canada is covered, that's why your point is silly.

>look how big canada is, eh
>metropolatian cities are all close to the boarder of the united states

Wtf, I hate Rodgers now. Seriously, thanks for the pic.

what a stupid projection

Wow are prices really that high ?
My buddy living in Canada didn't lie, it really is hell

I pay 15€ for 50GB

to bad ur live in a 3d world country i on the other hand am now utilising my €20 unlimited data plan in various eu nations over the summer because today roaming fees were D R O P P E D

It's Canada! On strike!

>Everything outside your ant farm city is considered roaming
lmaoing at your life

I'm on public mobile. 55$ a month for 4gb of data, over 3months. Great service, no problems so far and 6 months in.
Only problem is that it's hard to talk to a real person, most of the stuff for setting up accounts is self serve. Also they don't sell phones so you need to use an unlocked one, or a telus locked phone will work.

Tldr; I recommend it

I live in europoor country and pay less than 10 dollars for 5 gb. You Americans are retarded.

The worst part is this is the most expensive data has ever been. You used to be able to get unlimited data plans for around 60 a month back in the days of the early iPhone.
Heck I think my brother is still on 6gb a month with Rogers for 40 or so.
Total bullshit that they can't afford slightly lower prices. Those dick holes in Ottawa can't stand any none Canadian competition so three companies and left to price fix to their hearts content.

Even when the government tried to help by forcing all carriers to 2 year contracts instead of 3, all the prices immediately jumped up 20%.

Canada is a third world shit hole.

Poland or Ukraine?

Toronto is at least, won't be long now until the rest of Canada is at the rate Trudeau is cucking us and letting in any sand nigger and his 12 little turban tykes.

Polar bears don't need cellular reception user
I'm also pretty sure most of them don't even have phones

What the hell is wrong with you americans? Why do you hate freedom? Yuropoor here: 9€ +cents for calls/SMS /mm unlimited 4G, total 11-12€. Would be 18€ for unlimited everything.

At least the people in the ad aren't niggers

We have a clean country and don't have to worry about Ivan robbing us at gun point for our rubles when we go to buy our half moldy bread and pay back our daughters pimp when she steals too much of his drugs

Finngol here, unlimited calls, SMS and data can be had for 15€/mo here and I guarantee my country is safer than yours :^)

meanwhile here in slav country i pay $8/month for 30 GB at LTE speeds

Poland here, literally paying 5 USD a month for 5.5 GB LTE
and it's prepaid so I can throw it away anytime

>2017
>still measuring data in GB per month.

I get 5 GB per day.

I have T-mobile's walmart plan in america, it's a little complicated but I get 5gb* a month for $32 including taxes.

I use the * because alot of things don't count toward my 5gb allotment. Youtube,netflix,hbogo and like 50 other top video streaming sites don't count toward my 5gb and none of the music streaming services do either. I typically use 10gb/month but only ~2gb count toward my usage.

>Still measuring.
I pay 30 CHF a month for unlimited everything with full speed.
I'm already at 150 GB this month.

i just use ting n then pay for what i am billed for

>2017
>still being limited

>tfw $25 for unlimited everything

There are towers up there, ICE wireless maintains the infrastructure and it's all heavily subsidized by the government like everything up north.

I pay $46 for 8gb of data on Koodo in Quebec. Telus has a tower sharing agreement with Bell which bought all the best spectrum so at least I never lose connection.

We still need lower prices though.

Moi? Just switched myself, after realizing that 4GB was really all I needed. More than halved my phone bill and the speed is much better too.

Perhaps the greatest thing in Finland are the Telecom operators. Unlimited data @ 50Mbps for 10€/month. I just love this. Havent checked latest offers though, there might be even better ones since these companies dont jew here.

20$ gives you unlimited data here in yurop, wf.

Denmark here - 120kr (~$20) for 30GB, free roaming.
Happy as can be.

It's 10€ for 30 GB and unlimited for 15€. Prices in America are a bit ridiculous.

>tfw you pay 2$ a month for LTE and no data caps
Welcome to Russia.

I'm on chatr, was on Mobilicity (before it was bought by Rogers and merged to chatr). It's HSPA+ with a 6GB data limit for like 30 dollars a month. Cheapest. I was thinking of switching to Freedom (Wind) because of how I don't really need 6GB and now that Freedom's LTE I thought it would be better. I still hate the CRTC for allowing 2 GIGABYTES FOR 70 DOLLARS A MONTH!

You think it's a good deal? I pay half of that for 9GB. Also Poland and prepaid of course.

How is this shit even profitable.

>19€/month
>unlimited phone call, sms in all the EU and some other countries
>unlimited internet in my country and 10GB on other countries

Where, what carrier?

Austria here. 14€ for 20 GB prepaid. Along with minutes and texts I never use.

That is the most cancer thing i think I have ever seen.

I would rather just not have a phone.

>on Wind
>walk 5 metres away from a tower
>Wind AWAY

>not living in Finland - the greatest country in the world

why even live?

HYVÄÄ SUOMI

How? My family is on Rogers and we pay $75 a month for 12gb for the 4 of us

Unlimited data for 20€/month
>toppest of keks

>muh data

£5 for 100mb here

is it claro?

T-Mobile fag here, $70/mo for unlimited everything up to 30GB. Right now posting from the island of Curaçao roaming for free.

20€ for 100MBit/s speed with no data cap here
A single game is like 50GB, how do you live with 2GB a month? How do you "share that with your family"?

protip: you dont

>Moi
Yup, that. Been on it since January and I'm very satisfied with it so far. Can't see myself going back to any of the regular carriers.

Is this the western life? You earn shitton of money just to pay shittone for such a basic stuff?
Im paying ~7usd/month for unlimited sms, calls and 10Gb of lte. And this is not even the best option available..

feelsgood.jpg

Aruba is the superior Dutch Caribbean Island

For those not from Canada who are not aware, there are a few companies in Canada that have a complete oligopoly and drastically inflate the price, and laws are stopping foreign companies from entering Canada and competing with them.

Remeber those knee-jerk ads RoBelUs made when Verizon was rumoured to open up shop in Canada?
>B-but what about those poor rural communities that already get shafted by local telecom? Verizon will only think about people in big cities! This is all so scary!

Thank fuck I have the special 5 GB and unlimited everything else for $50 Bell Corporate insider plan. Coupled with an iPhone that doesn't get cucked by Bell on the updates, it's literally the best case scenario as far as Canadian standards go.

The only parts of the country that are covered are the ones where there is sufficient population density and paying customers. The whole "muh broad area, muh no customers" argument is just ridiculous. Look at Ontario; outside the densely populated southern regions (where there still continue to be cellular dead zones; it is impossible to get more than 1 bar at my parents' house in Guelph) there are only thin bands of cellular networks stretched along Highway 11 and Highway 17. There are more than enough people give the size of the network to cover infrastructure costs, the reason why cellular costs are so high is the same reason why internet is so expensive. Because Canadian telecom companies are protected from foreign competition and extract as much as they possibly can in an oligopolistic market environment.

>t. Dad worked for Bell and told me first hand about how overpaid everyone was right up to the executives

Good price! How did you get that?

Russia is really a good example of why the "muh big country with nobody in it" argument is stupid.

>project fi
>2gb plan
>don't really use much data
>credited back for data i dont use
>$30-40/mo
couldn't ask for more imo

thank god i didnt get a smartphone until past the age of 25 so im not a hopeless smartphone/streaming/app/'muh cloud' addict

As with other Google shit it isn't available in Canada

YouTube Red is in fucking Mexico but not Canada, even though they'll take the same money for a Google Play Music subscription

Ahahaha
In our glorious land of prajeets for 7$/mo we get 56GB of unlimited* 4G data.
Stay cucked. Even though we shit in the streets, we don't get shat in the face by the telecom monopolies.

Alberta here. I pay about $50/month with Koodoo for unlimited calls in Canada and 2GB of data. That's about the cheapest plan I've seen in years. Shit went downhill after the iPhone 3 age when the carriers all sold data plans for cheap

> enjoying data

WE WAS CYBORGZ AND SHIT

>I have to pay €10/month for 1,5GB in germany

Seriously fuck this, and this is one of the best value plans, you're lucky to get 1GB for €10 here

Don't you read the news ?

> eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R2286
> roaming providers should not levy any surcharge additional to the domestic retail price on roaming customers in any Member State, for any regulated roaming call made or received, any regulated roaming SMS message sent or any regulated data roaming service used, including MMS messages, ˢᵘᵇʲᵉᶜᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵃ ‘ᶠᵃᶦʳ ᵘˢᵉ ᵖᵒˡᶦᶜʸ’.

A country barely bigger than Finland with over 15 times more people and still shit with telecoms.

This is why we want to keep you and your german efficiency away.

3.90€ for base service and using the 7.90€ unlimited data for pretty much everything.

>pay $25 for unlimited talk and text with freedom(wind)

I want data. Are all leaf telecom providers total Jews?

And we have still areas that have no internet at all and they still wonder why we lack behind everybody else

Also, open and free WiFi is pretty much unheard of here because of some stupid laws

2GB/month for $70/year
t. Swede

A large part of Russia is barely populated and less than half has cell coverage.

I switched to the v20 on boxing day when the lte service was announced
So glad I did
Their 4g network was fucking awful

Perhaps a decade ago
They've stepped up their game
Wind away maybe some obscure areas North of Barrie
All of gta is covered fine

Retard confirmed, the United States of Europe just removed roaming.

15$ for 2gb.

Dont need more.

Norway.

I pay 1500$ for 40 square meters of apartment since I have to live close to work.

I pay 100$ for shitty 60/20mb internet, 20$ for like 4gb phone and like 140$ each month for power.

AAAAAAAAAAAA

>Tfw work pays for phone and internet

Feels good. They only pay 100$ but still feels good.

>tfw getting 100 MB for $30 plus $15 dollar for an extra gigabyte if I want it from Fido
$45 for 1.1GB isn't so bad for Canada

Wind wasn't a thing a decade ago
Even in the GTA where there is coverage the towers are so fucking clogged with traffic that you're better off using 3G in a third world country

They only just added LTE, but the speeds were a fucking joke

What are you talking about salty user
I'm using wind lte with no issues
Their 4g was indeed a joke but the lte is incredibly responsive and fast
Doesn't work in some indoors locations but that's what WiFi is for
Definitely worth it for what I'm paying
(no overcharges either)

%50 what its covering isnt even land but water, and its still not even covering most of Europe. This overlay is completely useless.

Why don't you get the Share everything plan fampai?

I'm with Freedom (formally Wind). On some promo plan at $30/mo for unlimited text/calls (I think) and 1gb data. I had a 5gb plan for $50 but I had an average usage of 600mb since my only usage came from Clover/google maps. The coverage is kind of shit in Ottawa though.

>live in India
>pay 9$ for fucking 2GB of 4G data
>new telecom provider comes in a few months ago and fucks up all the others
>Now pay 4.5$ for unlimited 4G

Life is Good

But can you poo in the loo Rakesh?