I'm beyond mad

I'm beyond mad

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/
lmgtfy.com/?q=what can i buy with bitcoin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you want your hair

fuck, can you imagine if you invested $15,000 into graphics cards 8 years ago on some random, highly suspect digital currency?
you could have been a millionaire by now

JUST

What? Why are they buying all those GPUs?

You could have been a millionaire by now by just investing like $100 or running your GTX280 all night on BTC back when it was literally less worth than 1 cent a pop

Fucking leeches jump on a cryptocoin bandwagon and use all those graphics cards for "mining".

It's 2013 all over again.

Man there was someone on Sup Forums who did just that, I remember the youtube video. He had like 8 motherboards sitting on a granite countertop in his kitchen, each had two 7990s in it. He was making like 15 btc per day or something.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy. I hope he got a lambo

Is this a good or a bad thing for AMD?

I mean, at the moment they might sell literally shit tons of graphics cards but this spike isn't natural and since it is inevitable that this bubble will also pop, does this mean they will probably produce too many and will sit on a pile when the bubble popped?

Or what about the flood of burned down ex-miners that will popup on ebay and craigslist after this shit went down?

Like Bitcoin before it, Ethereum has taken off and everyone's rushing to buy GPUs for mining like a new gold rush in hopes of becoming a multimillionaire.

>leeches
Aww, someone's mad they didn't profit from Bitcoin.

I don't get how the shit they can make money buying GPUs. Is this a fantasy or just a fad?

You neither and you will also be too late for Eth

Are diamonds fantasy or just a fad?

Read the thread you illiterate.

> this never happened

Can you get a real profit with this? I don't think so.

but brokers, coin trade faggots included ARE leeches.

You don't even need to buy graphics cards. If you bought $15,000 of Bitcoin 8 years ago and just sat on it, you'd be a millionaire by now.

Should I sell my r9 390? Looks like they go for ~$325 on eBay.

honestly, yes. it'll probably take him a few months to get his investment back though provided everything goes well with whatever current he's mining. Using a single one you can get about ~$7.5 per day while using 25-75 cents in electricity depending on how much you pay.

I know this isn't finance board but I want to know why is this demand coming from that's driving up coin prices? There's no instability in the market and it just seems irrational.

THANK YOU BASED AMD

This absolutely happened. Sorry you missed the money.

Chinese investors temporarily leaving the Chinese stock market combined with a bubble effect.

it couldnt have happened (as you described)
by the time the 7990 released the difficulty was too high to net 15btc/day

This hasn't been true in a long time, even for ETH. Unless you have a building full of GPUs, it isn't worth your time to mine coins. I'm talking $0.30-50 per day after power/heating costs per GPU. The money would be better spent just investing in ETH/BTC and hoping it goes up.

30 of them could absolutely have mined what was specified here at that difficulty.

>this hasn't been true for a long time
Eat crow.
Profits with a single GPU are more like $4/day though.

whattomine.com/

Does mining require anything other than a good GPU? I know you cant (more like its not even remotely profitable) mine Bitcoin and Ethereum at this point, but if there are new meme coins growing in value I think I lose nothing by trying mining them.

Asking because im gonna buy a cheap core2duo desktop and put a nice GPU in it. Im poor as fuck so that should suffice, oh and I have free electricity.

What's stopping AMD from building 2000 RX 580 and minning 2000000$ in eth or whatever memecoin ?

You could have just bought 15K worth of bitcoin to be a millionare

See the post above yours.

Does Lamborghini accept bitcoins?

Wait, how the fuck is this profitable? I remember mining bitcoin years and years ago but I thought FPGAs and ASICs made GPUs obsolete for mining.

I said im not planning on mining bitcoin nor ethereum but new meme coins.

And obviously im not expecting inmediate returns but hope in a few years theyre worth something.

I know. Did you follow the link?

by mining something other than bitcoins

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on CryptoCurrencies

Is this the perfect time to sell my 280x? I just saw a couple sell on ebay for $190

Just drop $50 on them then, it's not worth mining them

just give up you dumb fuck. if you're too stupid to visit the url and process the information on that website then you're too stupid to set anything up.

This is how you get stabbed in the parking lot

Lamborghini Newport Beach does, yes

and you'll still be making fuckall with power costs
unless you're getting in on day one and holding for potentially years until it becomes valuable (if it ever does), you're better off just figuring out your power cost and using that figure to buy whatever coin

Someone isn't doing their job
Usually they limit to how many a person can purchase
People like these fucks ruin it for everyone

Scam. It has zero value other than what someone else has placed value in it.

>being this retarded

He probably traded them for videogames. He shouldn't feel too bad though, seeing as BTC is owned by the Chinese mafia now.

Just like fiat currency.

So just like real life money then.

slightly better than fiat because at least it doesnt come into existence as debt to the federal reserve

ready for ass fuck

Gold has practical real world uses, in science, religion, fashion and construction. BTC is a Chinese owned pyramid scheme.

No. Real, actual currency is backed by governments. Read more than Sup Forums economics.

Crypto currency has as much value as an encrypred webm. How many webms do you buy?

Real, actual currency can be exchanged for goods and services. Which, coincidentally, I can do with bitcoin.

Statist pls go.

I've been hearing about bitcoin for so long man I could have made some money

Can you buy a truck with ScamCoin anywhere in the world? Yeah, thought so.

>No. Real, actual currency is backed by governments. Read more than Sup Forums economics.

Good goy

We all know that feel.
I was here on Sup Forums when people were giving buttcoins away for free. I didn't bother to make a wallet because it seemed pointless and stupid.

what can you buy with bitcoins that is not illegal?

Honestly, don't feel bad, just as many people have lost REAL money on the shit. It is not a safe investment, not even remotely. No sensible person invested any time in BTC in the early days. Saying you could have made money off BTC is like saying you could have won the lottery if you'd only known the winning numbers in advance.

t. Sup Forums pro

Your missing the point.

The point is that you make money off the idiots that think it's not a scam.

Please explain how you think bitcoin gets its value

Fucking google it. Steam has been accepting BTC for a few years now.

I am the guy who asked for the quick rundown.
I have read about it but i get nothing more than ultra-simplified bullshit, i need a quick rundown from a Sup Forumsentleman

>No sensible person invested any time in BTC in the early days.
Only gamblers, and those with extreme foresight.

There are (literally) hundreds of altcoins out now. A couple are going fly, and the rest will not. Some will fail. Even now, investing in any cryptocurrency is a total gamble.

So:
>Honestly, don't feel bad

lmao, this

>steam
so anything not illegal and for manchilds?

>zeroes and ones you dont even legally own have any form of value
Top retard.

lmgtfy.com/?q=what can i buy with bitcoin

why are you mad that AMD is selling?

I still don't know why Bitcoin holds value. It's always an investor buying from other investors hoping to sell later to new investors for a profit.
Surely this has to give at some point, right?

There is the promise that there will only be a finite amount of coins, which gives a "scarcity" value.

That haircut, man. His shit is so fucked

The more people that criticise it, the weaker it gets. Honestly, I'd be very happy if it died, asap. It was a fantastic idea that was left open to abuse and got taken over by actual criminals. I'm not on about the drugs/black market shit either, that was one of the currencies strengths before it got taken over.

Cana anyone give me a quick rundown on all the butthurt going around the BTC community that split it into two? something about a regulation in the blockchain or something.
apparently the chink mafia is extremely against it for some reason

I'm pretty sure I mined a few bitcoins as a laugh back when they were the hip new shit on Sup Forums years ago. No idea whatever happened to them though.

BTC was invented by supreme leader. Who owned the inital seed coins.

All this time silly round eye has been funding the glorious leader.

just fuck my shit up senpai

proof that money can buy anything, even cryptocoins

why mine the gold when you can supply the pickaxes

>bitcoin miner's hooker.jpg
ftfy

Because AMD's share price is going up from the demand for their cards alone, that would make no business sense

Plus the extra supply would drive the price down

im so mad over this coming in today too

>He thinks lambos are good for the money

t. /o/

Good choice, maybe we can buy Vega for Christmas this year if we are lucky

>busriders and shitbox poorfags
Opinion discarded.

Bitcoin Mining uses ASIC's (dedicated mining hardware) and not the GPU crap your seeing threads pop up for.

That being said, Bitmain the people who make a majority of these ASIC miners were supporting Bitcoin Unlimited.

The other competition, Bitcoin Core had implemented a new protocol (well, optional still) call segregated witness.

The Bitmain guys started mining with ASIC Boost, a bug/exploit in the proof-of-work protocol (mining) that allows you to mine like 25% more but not using anymore power. Bitmain obviously hid this feature from their customers, but was using ASIC Boost on their own equipment in their own facilities in China without telling anyone.

Bitmain started giving out a ton of money to Bitcoin Unlimited, because Segregated Witness (what the Bitcoin Core team invented) makes ASIC Boost not work.

Bitmain also did this other thing, called ASIC Bleed. Where they can send a notification to your miner on port 7000 that essentially shuts it down or controls it at their will. Obviously you can block this easily with a firewall, but it's still incredibly fucked up that the Chinese built in this backdoor (even though they never used it).

I am telling you that right now with a single 1080 I earn $7 per day cryptocash money and my kill-a-watt puts my current usage per day at 61 cents.

I feel bad for the thousands of bitcoins I sold in the first bubble.

What do you mine? What program and OS do you use?

Thats bullshit.

So who's the guy and why does he wear the agent ear piece?

Snipe them on Newegg and sell for profit

how does this shit work?

also who the fuck buys anything besides bitcoin?

Just jersey shored it up fampai.

How bad of an idea is it to drop $7500 on 3 workstations to mine?
I would enjoy it as a hobby and I'll be fine just breaking even, also I live in latin america so cheap electricity and easy access to import from the US.
The thing that worries me is that I have to go back to college in 2 months and I wonder if I can leave my workstations alone when I'm attending classes. Probably setting smoke detectors and a wireless camera.

Also I know literally nothing about electricity and each workstation will consume at worst 1200 watts so thats 3600 watts simultaneously + fridge + tv and 2 minisplits idk if a house could handle that.
What the fuck do I do Sup Forums