Smart watch

What smart watch does Sup Forums wear? What do you use it for?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AsteroidOS/unofficial-watchfaces
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't because I'm not a faggot.

I use one and it's only useful for fitness, mainly running, and checking notifications and the time subtly rather than ripping out my phone.

apple watch. everything else is shit.

apple watch - tracks basic fitness, lets me know when I have texts, lets me change songs easily when driving, and most importantly tells time

None. My phone has a clock.

Is apple watch the only acceptable one? How about the Moto 360 or the Samsung ones.

>How about the Moto 360 or the Samsung ones.
They sold so few that developers are not interested in them. Plus nothing supports them. So it's not worth it.

/thread

I have a pebble 2. Haven't done anything with other than some basic apps, but i like that I can see text messages while my phone isn't near me. I have a quick weather report, and activity monitor to see how little steps my fat ass took in the day away from my desk and workbench

are they still worth getting? Pebble App store still work? or do i have to sideload everything?

Pebble are still the only smartwatches that last more than a day

garmin fenix about 10days

Pebble time round is literally the only good smartwatch out right now and the company is now dead.

Only the smartest watch

I don't have a smartwatch because I already carry around a phone and laptop. Also, the battery life is abysmal, the screens too tiny to be useful for much of anything, and they cost too much for what they are.

I wear this and mommy says im a smart boy, so this is a smart watch!

I'm wearing a DZ09, got it for €15

I love it so far, but I consider getting a better one later

This, it's why Apple has an advantage, their own ecosystem.

I'm not smart, I wear regular watch.

Michael Kors Access
Reading and replying to messages
Read or dismiss emails
Reading other general notifications
Control music and use shazam from the watch
Normal watch functions (timers, alarms, tell the time)
Occasionally use the calculator
Android wear is one fine piece of watch os

Forgot to attach pic
Also, apple watch and android wear are the only viable ones
Any other watch os are doomed and DOA, like samshit or sony

Your car doesn't have steering wheel forward/backwards buttons?

>Smart watch
>needs a smart phone linked all the time in order to work

Wearing pic related when I'm about to geek the hell out. Why?
>installed android on it
>the normal one, not the wear one
>has GTA VC on it
>Did I mention that I dev games for android?
>I dev games for android
>If my boss comes and asks how is the game going I just compile the game and show it working on a fucking watch
>he just plays with it for a few moments, smiles widely, and goes the fuck away for 2 weeks
>when I go to any bar all the bros are amazed b y GTA VC on a fucking watch
>this watch has a stupid gimmick camera
>or so I thought
>It's actually fucking genious
>It's perfect to make titshots in bars "by accident" as a pickup
This watch is a fucking win

Get a Pebble Time Round now that they're on clearance. Fitbit's nice enough to keep the servers running so stuff like voice to text or the store still works for now. Looks like a normal watch and that was important to me. Too bad about no HR monitor but the accelerometer works as a step counter and a sleep tracker. Ultimately I wouldn't have paid any more than what I did since I look at it as more of a notification bar that lives on my wrist.

I have thirteen working pebbles.

The round sucks. It's stylish but battery life is utter shit.

LG G Watch running Asteroid OS!

I wouldn't get a watch where I'm not sure if they shut down the servers in a few years

Also check em

I have a G watch R

Shits dope. Got it for half price two years ago and it's my daily driver. Got it because my phone had shit vibrate and I was constantly missing notifications.

Love it. Battery still lasts a day and a half, ambient mode gives me the time 24/7 even if the motion sensor doesn't realize I'm staring at the watch, and it doesn't feel plastic like the Samsung watches I've tried.

Only thing I could ask for is better battery and to make it waterproof.

Is it still worth getting? I'm scared that it will get outdated really quick

Garmin forerunner 235
gee... I wonder what I use it for.

Cynism aside, I am trying to set aside some time to add a todo-list and customizable pomodoro timer hybrid inside.

mine doesnt, siri on the watch kicks ass when it comes to maps and texts and music controls while driving

Got pic related a month ago. Biggest meme I ever fell for. The news that Asus is cancelling their zenwatch line dropped just after my return period expired. They deleted their manager app from the play store yesterday, so the chances for it to get Android wear 2.0 are close to 0 now.

Moto 360
Mostly as a text message and email screener to see if it's worth responding to

What happened to the bottom of the screen?

That's the light sensor so it can do auto brightness

Support for this watch under Asteroid OS is slowly growing if you want to follow the progress on an open-source smartwatch OS!

The bottom of your screen is broken… Also gross, no USB access! :x

flat tire aesthetic

>carrying a botnet on the wrist

Why would I want a disgusting USB port on my watch when wireless is the future?

>tiny screen
>hour long battery with android all the shit you put on it
>trying to amaze 12 year olds with your shit games
>using shitty 1.2mp camera to take shitty dark blurry photos
You don't even belong in reddit
Back to >>>/9gag/ with your le epic xdddd watch

There are pads under watch which you can convert to USB through some bullshit process that's not even worth the effort

Does anyone of you use smartwatch with AsteroidOS? How is it?

So that you can sideload apps and firmwares you dip. Also, wireless charging takes a lot of space in a watch and emits a ton of heat, which in turn shortens the lifespan of the battery.

Any form of USB- out, even in the form of pins that connect to a base (LG G Watch) is better than absolutely nothing because you can't modify the software at all… So your watch stays a virus on your wrist!

Yeah I know but as you mentioned it's tedious and flimsy, not worth mentioning if the user has to do literal hacks to access it.

I do! Pic related, it's pretty feature-lacking at the moment but definitely usable if you stick with a working nightly.

This.

Wrist Fedora as fuck

has apple maps gotten better since release?

have only been using the waze app

Thank you for putting my boipussy watch up as the OP post

I have had so much cum in my anus since last week when I found out about the apple watch I could fill a gallon milk jug

but i want it all inside me

it does have those, but I more mean being able too say "hey siri play The Police" or something and it switching like that

Can also confirm that german carriers work with it

Better than your wrist botnet.

>not wearing an extra smartphone on your wrist in landscape mode
>2017

>we will never live in a time where this is socially acceptable
Why live?

im halfway there OP with my digital watch

surprised we dont have more digital watch Sup Forumsents in the watch general

im waiting for "Android GO" or Android Wear/Things to produce a

>he doesnt set his own trends

contribute to cyberpunk or kys

What watchface is that? I also run Asterpid OS on my G Watch

I submitted it as an unofficial watchface a few days ago.

github.com/AsteroidOS/unofficial-watchfaces

I am a smartwatch fanatic :)
L to R: Pebble 2, Pebble Time Steel, LG G Watch.
I had a 2 Pebble Classics (One in 2013, cracked screen, bought one a few months ago but sold it), a Pebble Time Round but sold it bc shit battery life, I also had another time steel but it drowned (RIP). I had the G watch since 2014 and also had a Moto 360 and G Watch R but the G Watch beat them in terms of battery life so I returned them. My daily driver is the Pebble 2. Even with Pebble gone under I still use it and will use it till it breaks, then go to Time Steel (which works perfectly I just prefer the black and white screen and HRM of the 2). I contribute to rebble.io which is a community effort to keep Pebble watches alive and kicking.
I also plan to buy a Misfit Vapor when its released to experience Android Wear 2.0.
My next /csg/ purchase is a SMA Time which is a Pebble Time clone (anybody tried it?).

Regarding the Apple Watch... bricked.

I use a G Watch with it. Still in alpha but it has future.