Windows is fucking ADWARE

>boot into Win10 to shrink NTFS partition since I don't use Windows but want to leave it just in case
>get presented with a huge fucking MODAL window that you can't exit until you go through options
>Microsoft is telling me that I must pick privacy settings because new version is supposedly coming
>tells me that I will have to see ads and I can't disable them
TOP KEK!

How the fuck do all you retarded pajeets and other low IQ retards who can't install a real OS deal with this shit? Do you just accept to get fucked up the ass by Microshit assholes?

Wow... Wintards are so fucking beta they don't even complain about this shit. I guess they like getting fucked over all the time by life......

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11116438/WINDOWS_8.1_PRO_x64-ACTIVATED(EXCELLENT)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMA_attack
darkreading.com/partner-perspectives/intel/vulnerable-from-below-attacking-hypervisors-using-firmware-and-hardware/a/d-id/1321834
microsoft.com/en-in/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012215/march-2017-security-monthly-quality-rollup-for-windows-7-and-2008_r2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My iPad has that. Only ads I've ever seen just show up on my faceberg.

>windows 10

your win7 is already obsolete on all new CPUs, dumb wintoddler.

I've never seen an ad using Windows 10.

huh thats weird

I don't know what I'm gonna do when Windows 7 dies bros...

>he fell for the FUD

why is it so bad?

have fun without any security updates

i have windows 10 and ive never seen an ad

>implying antivirus doesn't do the entire fucking job 99% of the time anyways
Security Updates from Windows haven't stopped anything big since 2001 anyways.

It's universal setting for any apps with ads you download like this

install linux and learn the terminal like a smart man or install windows 10 and have your search history and location sold to companies

lets pretend all antivirus isn't adware and a botnet all its own.

keep denying the inevitable, wintard.

how retarded are you

>Security Updates from Windows haven't stopped anything big since 2001 anyways.
Literally weeks ago.

>Everything is compatible with Windows.
>Drivers are easy to find.
>Do not have to wait months for issues to be fixed

Windows has a lot of problems. A. Fucking. Lot of them. The thing is that it is a necessary evil. Steam for just about any linux distro? Nope. Just about any software that is not by a major dev? Nope. Linux (I tend to use Ubuntu) is amazing and it is great to dual boot, but you are kidding yourself if you think everything you want or need has a build for every distro.

>inb4 gamerfag
Yeah, what of it? Point is, it is not compatible with just about any game and probably never will be.

LTSB doesn't have this problem :^)

Seconded, just install LTSB OP. Never had any ad or shit with it.

I literally deleted it 5 minutes ago

First of all: for most of us a PC is a tool, not a toy. That doesn't mean no one plays from time to time to get a break, it just means that the usefullnes of an OS lies not in the games that support it. Second: if you want games from steam or gog you can always use ubuntu or arch or any of their derivates. If I want to play a game on my PC it is always compatible with my Linux install.

Windows 7 master race

- posted from a dell xps 13 2016

Clean your screen and keyboard you fucking animal

I don't feeling like i'm getting fucked. I guess i've grown used to it

Just install 8.1 lads its literally a godsend

>4GiB memory

Not going to lie, feels awful the direction we're heading. Sometimes there aren't better options unfortunately. If you choose Linux you trade a shitty OS that cucks you for an OS that's also shitty, just in different ways, but on top of that you also severely limit your software options.

Ultimately software determines what OS I run. For example if the Adobe suite was available on Linux I would go back in a heart beat. But it's not.

You guys remember when microsoft actually cared?

Ad settings are under another menu. These are just privacy settings dingus

>8GiB? whats you need is 16GiB goy!

HOW THE FUCK TO GET LTSB WITHOUT GETTING it FROM A RUSSIAN BOTNET

>Second: if you want games from steam or gog
I don't since I can't stand either of those "services" or anyone that actually gives them their money. I only pay for games that have a physical release with the entire game on the disc or I pirate.

Agree with this. Used to dislike w8.1, but it's probably the best option right now. It's the middle point between "it works" (w7) and "it is compatible and supported" (bullshit slow spyware w10). My personal preference is w8.1 embedded.

guys you remember when you could set the sound for applications differently?

guys you remember when you could set the sound for applications differently?

please Sup Forums stop fucking with me i need to help an user

First:
>Not a toy
>Uses computer to shitpost on Sup Forums

Second, like I said not just games, but software in general has incompatibility issues and getting support for older software packages on most distros is impossible.

Third:
>use ubuntu or arch
Like I said, I use ubuntu usually. I just wish I ONLY had to use it.

Just use linux or mac.

right click the speaker icon
Volume mixer

NO MORE FORCED UPDATES AND RANDOM COMPUTER RESTARTS WHILE IM TORRENTING THANKS FUCKING GOD.

Can confirm.
8.1 is golden.

Is your caps lock stuck or were you just raped as a child?

[spoiler] both [/spoiler]

It doesn't matter if it hasn't got needed libraries, e,g DirectX,

nah, I like this guy

>Linux (I tend to use Ubuntu) is amazing and it is great to dual boot, but you are kidding yourself if you think everything you want or need has a build for every distro.
This is why you don't use shitdistros like ubuntu, use debian or something other, and when it comes to "not being compatible" what do you mean? .Debs work just fine on debian based systems as well as .rpms work on fedora based ones

Are there really people that stupid to install security updates for their CPU? To use that hole the attacker has to sit in front of your pc anyways so screw that bullshit.
>inb4 virus
If you are stupid enough to get that, you don't even know to use the internet. What next, stds?

>people are still suprised that software spys on them
LoL

>Because remote system intrusion never happens via hardware issues
:)

Wasn't that due to an injection via the security updates?
Also
>it didn't stop it

Luckily there is no case on the internet to back that up *

Is 8.1 cool yet

You had to be idiotic enough to get infected via js/flash on random sites. If one pc in your network was infected, this machine infected all others just by having SMB active.
Another way: network drive other the internet and your stupid machine answers to everything your old as fuck stupid router spewed out.

better than cool

they are less of a adware than windows itself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMA_attack
darkreading.com/partner-perspectives/intel/vulnerable-from-below-attacking-hypervisors-using-firmware-and-hardware/a/d-id/1321834
>not a real threat
You are underestimating certain parties, e,g governments that will employ these strategies if it mean they can get the upper hand, as most warfare these days is electronic

same shit as 10

Not the user you replied to but as said, the attacker seems to be already sitting in front of your pc or use 'social engineering attack'
That is not a real threat in sense of pc-security. It is more a threat to your private life and if they already have your pc you can get fucked for anything anyways by putting random files on it and saying they 'found it on your machine'. Don't underestimate that.

but i still wouldn't bet on it with a system that has re-writable memory/storage

True.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>Using the over-used pooloo-created meme

Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Did you delete your W key also?

>misspelling carrot
>criticizing someone for a fucking emoticon

give up on gayman (aka the only reason to stick with win in the first place) and devote yourself entirely to anime

there was a security update that fixed the vuln BEFORE the virus was released
it affected loads of people and businesses because they were all retarded and did not install the windows security update

what if...
>the windows security update was another huge addition to the botnet and windows used the Russian scapegoat as a front-end to a virus THEY CREATED to make people always accept their updates from now on

it was a virus cia created though

So Russian botnet torrents aside, any problem with just getting the trial LTSB ISO from microsoft themselves and just continuing to use it past the 90 day limit?

So you have to pay like $200 for the OS then get fucking ads? Why hasn't there been some mass shooting at Microsoft?

It already has.

Idiot

Nice bait, faggot. I can't believe you are seriously that dumb fucking faggot faggot idiot end yourself you fuck.

>block port
>literally immune
I haven't activated windows update since they started force installing windows 10.

incidently I haven't had any viruses either, just faglords trying to rape my router.

Fucking mad cunt you, there are people out there that want it like this. This post sure wasn't bait because I have the same opinion.

Wait - what's wrong with optional ads?

>optional

>lowest diagnostics setting is "basic"
>"you'll be sending LESS data"
>no way to send NO data

I won't switch from Windows 7 until they fix all data collection and ads.

low quality microbeniz shill marketing bait

They will never fix it you nigger. This is the future of computer and you're on for the ride

why are you lying? open any of the windows app like "grove music" and you will see ads popup while you play your music.

Or you know, stop enabling those tards and use linux.

You only get ads if you don't own a license or you use their apps.
So we don't get ads.

I own a license and still get ads

>Reading comprehension 50%
Alright I'll bite, where do you get your ads?

start menu, tile menu for mobile games

Windows never, ever made you in any way secure from Miscrosoft. What the fuck did you expect? Nothing's changed.

Windows 8.1 only has ads in Metro Apps like Weather. Support until 2023, then critical updates after that forever. XP got an update after Wannacry so I can use 8.1 forever

What confuses me is why they didn't move to a 'free with ads' model of windows.
Make it free, and you can pay for a premium version without ads, and you make money hand over fist and retain market dominance, or rather, increase market dominance.
What they're doing now is pushing people over to linux.

literally never had ads in windows, using it since release, latest release build, windows pro.
>BUT YOU HAVE SOME PREINSTALLED GAMES AND APPS FROM STORE
5 seconds later all gone with few clicks
>BUT I SAW ON THE INTERNET PICTURE WITH ADS IN FILE EXPLORER
i never had it and im fine
>BUT ADS IN START MENU
1 click in settings
>open groove music, start playing music, no ads
>open calculator, no ads
>open photo viewer, no ads (and i use it a lot, never had any)

Just unpin them?

Literally everything.

>Miscrosoft
I can feel the frustration you're trying to hide

I think that it just becomes nagware (I've read about it too). Where's Microsoft link to it? I couldn't find it.

microsoft.com/en-in/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

Have to sign up, then you can choose to download
>Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 | 64/32-bit ISO
I haven't bothered to try it yet myself.

>nag
I've heard this too, but what I'm not sure about is what processes, if any, are impaired by not legitimizing the install and to what degree. I also don't know how annoying the nag is and whether or not it's manageable or gets progressively worse over time.

I mean, I can tolerate a little annoyance for a stable and unobtrusive and not intrusive win10 system, especially if it meant I didn't have to be ultracareful and ever paranoid about random pirated shit torrented from whoever the fuck.

>turn windows on
>Play video games
>Turn windows off

Why it's so hard for you fucking normie newfags to understand? Windows is a video game console, you don't use windows for anything else unless you're a brainlet or an artist

I think M$ isn't concerned enough about LTSB to actually have impaired post-trial performance. If I ever have to (re)install W10, LTSB is my choice.

>nags
>HEY MAN, YOUR WINDOWS EXPIRED
>k
I think that's it. I doubt it changes overtime. I suspect KMSpico would work here too.

>have fun without any security updates
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012215/march-2017-security-monthly-quality-rollup-for-windows-7-and-2008_r2
And I'm also sure you can verify which exploits get patched on a proprietary operating system.