because niggabyte a shit

my 1070 is fine.

>

>gigglebyte

not even once

>no freesync

Why bother

aorus 1080ti is legit good tho

'cause I just bought the 1050ti for 100 bucks.

why? you can't even max OW with that 3rd world thing

>Overwatch
thank god that wasn't my plan.

Because I have the Armor from MSI

>paying for LEDs
lol no

My MSI 1080's doing just fine.

>post time is 32 seconds in between
>has same card (assuming it's the 1080?)

Sup dude.

>Armor
lmao enjoy your housefire

Because I have video cards coming out of my ass and no reason to push to the highest end video card? Also I am pissed they made another titan I actually bought one for the first time while I study machine learning and will avoid buying nVidia if at all possible for the foreseeable future.

because I0m not an autistic manchirldren.

also fuck off back to

Because I got this

Flagship graphics cards are an incredibly poor investment. They lose 2/3 of their value in 2 years.

Almost all graphics cards do if the industry continues to progress at its current pace.

The absolute loss value is of course bigger for flagship cards, but hey, you had the best card for 1-2 years, so that's what you pay. You can always wait for the next generation

>a game with TF2 graphics and no dynamic environments still requires a midrange modern GPU

really makes ya think

because ive got a gtx 770 i bought like 4 years ago that is still perfectly fine for maxing out all of my games

I cant even think of anything that i dont run great, and dont even expect any next year titles to have hiccups on my 1920x1080 display

In 4 or 5 years I'll consider buying a totally new setup with 4k+ and some ridiculous cpu and graphics. but no money for now.

ill prpbably get into vr by then, as of now there is nothing being made for vr that isnt a silly gimmick

Because flagship cards are a waste of money. If you simply must have a new gpu today it would be smarter to buy something around 1060.

>summer

>I'm poor
I'm so sorry user

One of the best reasons to upgrade to pascal, IMO, isn't enabling more games but instead the massive energy/thermal improvements. The 1070 should take usually 150W under load, compared to the 770's ~220W.

>Smart with money
>Poor

Pick one.

"""""Affording""""" a $700 GPU with your entire weeks wages from McDonald's does not make you rich.

hmm thats pretty darn interesting

could you tell me how cpu's are going. I got an i5 3570k and dont really think much has changed with cpus recently to force an upgrade

What do you think the next major change in cpu tech is going to be? 16 core standards?

And the money he'll save by continuing to use his current GPU for a few more years before upgrading to the 1260 will far outweigh the money saved in electricity by upgrading now.

reported for harassment

Projecting this much.

>X in the middle of the card
What does it means?

desu the true discerning gamer would get a RX480, sell it for $450, and then buy a 1070. A jew would sell the 480 and get a 1060. Either one is much smarter than a person who pays a $400 premium for HW that will be outdated in 2 years.

Useless unless you play vr or 4k

So i could say I never gave Nvidia a single dollar

Bullshit, I have a 1050ti and it aces everything at 1080p, overwatch at max settings never drops below 60fps and thats from my laptop.

In b4 gaming laptops suck. I have a desktop with a 1070 in it as well.

Waiting for 1080titi

Can't speak much towards CPUs, but fortunately power efficiency is becoming more of a focus there, too, with both ryzen and kaby lake.

Back in the day I had a GTX 470, which used about 130W *idle*, which is almost what the 1070 pulls while fully loaded. lol

This is true but finding a 480 at retail price is not so easy right now.

I would pick up a couple if it were.

As for OPs question, I'm waiting for the 1180ti or maybe even the generation after that. All my needs are currently covered

i am too busy buying out 580s and 480s and 1060s to mine with

True, but you could probably say the exact same thing in 2 years. If you upgrade now, you get energy savings *and* a great video card which can last for another 5+ years, not 2.

Thanks for the $200 profit I made from my 480, bro!

Ah but you're overlooking the fact he said his current card can play everything he plays at max. I'm guessing in 2 years that will no longer be true.

Thus the best move is to wait and buy something when he is no longer happy with his GPU performance which is clearly not at this point in time.

you could have made that profit mining for ten days.

you're an idiot

ha i remember the house fire memes

I have gigabyte 1070 oc and don't need 1080ti, waiting for 1180ti

Because I have 30 x 580 8GB. Don't waste your monies on CUDA!

Bastard. I'm just trying to buy a handful of cards and it's impossible.

Fair enough. I'll definitely concede that the primary reason for upgrading should be that you actually need the new hardware for something.

GPUs are technology you fucking moron.

Why should I buy that?

Why does getting $200 for free make me an idiot? I only have one computer, so I wouldn't have been able to use it during those 10 days.

think about killing yaself back to Sup Forums

Yeah I got super lucky and bought damn near every single card they had in 3 warehouses. Got a hell of a warranty. 3 years but I'm worried they might not be able to replace the cards if one goes this up.

oh you're poor

i did tho

Already bought a STRIX OC 1080Ti

this. i did how ever buy this

not anymore nigga, i got $200

Lets see, I paid, I think 700 dollars with tax for my 980 ti.

I had it for, oh I think 15 months. I sold it for 350 dollars in January of this year.

That's 23 dollars a month.

I think I can handle 23 dollars a month to have the best price/perf card in the world.

I bought a 1080 right after, which I upgraded to 1080 ti on day 1 they were available AND in the last half of 2018 I will probably sell it, and the cycle will repeat itself.

why are there 900 different companies that sell one companies video card?

well then i can only say congrats
but you should have just left it mining, honestly. you'd have a 480 AND a couple hundred bucks

i have an entire room filled with cards, i basically make $10/hour doing nothing, after factoring for electricity costs.

>desperately blows all his disposable income on hardware to try and scrape up a few shekels
>thinks he isn't poor

>>>/sqt/

>is mad about missing out on the gold rush
>makes up stories about others to calm himself down

>implying I need 3 cards

I bought the "gaming OC" version of the 1080ti, also auros from gigabyte. about a two weeks ago for $625.
the card I have has no backplate and gets extremely hot. I was playing witcher 3 and Doom at 2560x1080 and getting temps of 84c according to speccy, 94c according to my infrared thermometer pointed right at the back of the gpu where the backplate should be. all three of the "windforce" fans running at 100%.

That seems too hot to me. I can't believe gigabyte actually encourages OC'ing the card with their cooler. unless that means using the auros tool to oc it, which is fucking laughable. the numbers it shows don't even match up with what my bios is running. imo the auros software is only good for changing the led pattern, and frankly not that great at that.
I'm still running an old processor (fx6300) and definitely bottleneck the card. would this affect gpu temps at all?

Well. I hope you get your ROI quickly so you can sit back.

I'd do it if I could get the fucking things.

Because I bought this. Get your niggerbyte card outta here.

Whats the current NVIDIA equivalent to my GPU?

Doesn't mining also generate a shitton of network traffic? Does it help to have good internet?

it's not really that bad wrt network traffic

it helps but its not like there's a difference between 10mbps and 100mbps

Don't game anymore so Intel integrated graphics is good enough.

You realize that a 1080 ti can make around 8 USD a day from mining Zcash, right? You can achieve ROI in a little over 3 months

could only afford a 1070.

>1070
>450$ US dollars
i think you mean 1080, user

>just watching this webm is a crime is greater yuropoora

What a time to be alive.

How's that at 1440p? I'm considering pulling the trigger.

mining meme got to slavlands, only 460s and 1050s left in stores
even 1080ti swiped for mining
considering Kwh costs 0.03c they are making a bank

Because I probably only need a 1070

>no way that can be real
>check 3 of my usual retailers
>only few waterblock variants left in stock
Good thing I bough my 1080ti last week wew

because i have 12$

I hope you will regret it end of july.

Because I'm holding out for Vega.

770 or more modernly maybe an OC'd 1050 Ti but if not then a 1060 will definitely be the next step.

Depending on what you're mining and the intensity level you set, you can usually still use the system normally. In some cases you can even game while mining.

i already paid gay sync tax so I wasnt even holding out

because i dont want to be cucked by Nvidia again.

>how_to_knife_hunt.webm

Does anybody here think I'd be able to sell off some NVIDIA GTX 470s on ebay for $400 each if I just call them "470 graphics card"? Got a stack of 7 of them at work that we used a long time ago, but not anymore for obvious reasons.

You would definitely fool a few people but they can easily fuck you via paypal if they wanted to.

I think GTX letters will give it away, only if you find someone very stupid

I don't want to burn down my apartment.

I have the 12th reported fastest 1060 on earth.

3 months to ROI land and then hopefully it's just a quick mag train ride to the moon! Right now I'm still letting the cards burn in at stock clocks. Will OC them shortly, just have to finish the HVAC venting.

The last good Novideo deal was 8800 GTS 512.
From there on, it was just overpriced hardware.

Can't touch this 1060 senpai. 99th percentile nigga.
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3980716

> I'm brand loyal to the other multibillion dollar company

At least they dont practice anti-consumer bullshit, and dont make every gimmick their premium proprietary fagshit.