In Britain people are forced by threat of the state to pay for the BBC

In Britain people are forced by threat of the state to pay for the BBC.

Are you forced by the state to pay for the national broadcaster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W0kO-pVsc3E
vero.fi/en-US/Individuals/Payments/Public_broadcasting_tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol why people are forced to pay for big black cocks ?

no, because I'm not a wagecuck

>brits are forced to pay for BBC
Cannot fabricate

>pay for the BBC

You can check off in a tax form not to fund NPR and PBS now irrc.

Which is good, I wouldn't want my tax money to go to propaganda.

No, but I wish it was an extra tax

Tired of hearing all their pledge drives and their fund campaigns they get their money from the gobmint foundation anyway the freedom to not-pledge is not a true freedom

Germans are.

I think they pay for it so they don't get raped by it
While swedes suck and ride it everyday !

"national broadcaster" is such a British thing to say.

And "forced by threat of the state" describes all taxes, so yeah, we basically pay PBS to show Sesame Street at gunpoint.

Yes, we are.
It used to be that the public broadcaster actually sent inspectors to people's home to see if they have a radio or TV that is not licensed and then make you pay for it.

Now they changed it to where every household has to pay a fee regardless of whether they can receive it or not.

What annoys me most is that they force you to pay a separate fee for it. Waste of fucking time. Just increase income tax by 0.005 % or whatever instead of forcing me to waste my time by filling out the paperwork.

German TV is terribad, so although I'm not against a public/state broadcaster in principle, I am against paying for such pathetic cringe material.

I have a friend of a friend who's a correspondent for the state radio channel in China. He covers business and shit (spoiler: he doesn't even speak Chinese), and he is absolutely milking it. I met him once and he was almost bragging about how good his financial situation is. They pay him a salary of course, but also pay his rent and most expenses (internet+phone, plus transportation passes, and a daily food stipend, plus 4 business class flights back/forth to Germany per year) in China. Meaning he barely has to pay for anything. Now sure, the cost of living is lower, but this prick was/is being paid over €90k a year to produce a dozen short radio reports a month that may or may not even make it to air (depending what else is happening in the world).

I can't even fathom the idea of paying for a TV license.

I remember as a teenager going to buy myself a cheap tv for my vidya and just going back to my home, connect it to the power and the "tv receptor" and being instantly able to watch any public chanel.

The idea of having to go through many bureaucratic steps with the government so they let you use your TV is ridiculous.

>In Britain people are forced by threat of the state to pay for the BBC

Yes, but many people like myself chose not to own a television and so tell the BBC to go fuck itself.

It's all worth it for the quality BBC entertainment like this

youtube.com/watch?v=W0kO-pVsc3E

You do the same in most places. The difference is just that here you have to pay for it once a year. Realistically you can ignore the warning letters for a couple years, but they'd eventually sue you, and you'll have to pay it back eventually if you don't pay.

You also pay for it in taxes, if you pay it. Here it's a separated fee.

Does suck, because I haven't had a TV or Radio in like 8 years (all internet, baby), and now I'm forced to pay for trash I never watch.

Yes. We are forced to pay about ¥1,300 per a household monthly for NHK if we have TV.

It's paid by a tax. It's 143€ this year unless you're really poor.

vero.fi/en-US/Individuals/Payments/Public_broadcasting_tax

In theory yes. However I'm not paying, I think my landlord is paying and has the tv registered in his name. Our government sometimes comes on random visits to people who don't pay and search their stuff to check that they don't own a tv.

>In theory yes. However I'm not paying, I think my landlord is paying and has the tv registered in his name. Our government sometimes comes on random visits to people who don't pay and search their stuff to check that they don't own a tv.

I hope they need a search warrant.

Did the BBC ever charge for owning a radio, or is it just tv sets?

Continentals don't respect property rights~

They just decide they want to come to your place one day. They don't use force if you refuse them entry, but they can show up on weird hours and check if you forgot to lock your door or left a window open. They do need a warrant to break down your door or send in a delta(SWAT) team, but I don't think they ever go that far.

>Did the BBC ever charge for owning a radio, or is it just tv sets?

Yes. The original BBC license fee since, from its inception until 1946 (when TV came in) was a radio license.

There were separate TV and Radio licenses up until the 1970's when the radio license was disbanded because people were simply not paying it.

The costs of BBC Radio now come out of the TV License fee.

And if you refuse them entry they often just start billing you just in case.

>Is a TV Licence required for listening to digital radio broadcasts?

>A TV Licence is required to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV, regardless of the channel and device being used (e.g. TV, computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, game console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder), and how it is received (terrestrial, satellite, cable, via the internet or any other way). You do not need a TV Licence if you only use this equipment to listen to digital radio broadcasts.

>broadcast video signal
>make you prove you aren't intercepting it
>make you pay until you do
What the fuck is wrong with Europeans?

not anymore, thankfully

Yes, but there's some weird catch. If you don't own a TV, you don't need to pay. But the national television will send their men to check if you really don't have a TV in your apartment.

However, it's supposedly illegal for them to demand entry into your place and you can just stop paying national TV and tell the guys who work there to fuck off when they come to check your place. They'll send debt warnings through the mail, but according to some people, they can't actually do anything about it.

dang, she's cute

Wow, that sounds exactly like the system we used to have until a couple years ago.

Right down to the part where they send people to your house that you can deny entry and just ignore the threatening mail they sent you.

She's a qt patootie whenever I see her on TV.

>However, it's supposedly illegal for them to demand entry into your place and you can just stop paying national TV and tell the guys who work there to fuck off when they come to check your place. They'll send debt warnings through the mail, but according to some people, they can't actually do anything about it.

Basically the same as the UK then. There is no automatic right of entry and a search warrant (rare as hens teeth) can only be obtained if they have already proven you are watching TV without a license.

I get letters every month and they just go straight in the bin.

such is the price for being occupied by kikes.

bongs have no backbone to revolt and overthrow their kike extortionist overlords.

>such is the price for being occupied by kikes.
>bongs have no backbone to revolt and overthrow their kike extortionist overlords.

*snigger* this bullshit coming from a Pole of all people...

literally state sanctioned blackmail
how repulsive

thank god we don't have that anymore

The public transport in Zagreb is even worse. Around 70% of people don't buy tram tickets. The controllers (conductors?) are rare and when they show up they ask for personal information to write you a bill. You just refuse to give them your name and leave the tram. It's illegal for the controller to try and stop you or demand your personal information since they're not the police nor licensed security guards. The only downside is that you have to leave the tram and wait for another, but you're still not paying for the ride.

Another option is just saying that you don't have your ID card and give them a fake name. Or one thing that worked for me once is just to be autistic and ignore the controller. The one asking for my ticket just walked away after I ignored him for full two minutes.

Recently, they've been demanding the public transport company to start hiring actual armed security guards to make people buy tram tickets.

This is why Croatia fails as a functional state, though. Corruption plus the citizens refuse to cooperate with state/city institutions.

nigger

I take NO SHIT from a kike

I'd love for a kike to try to extort me

I'll bury the fucker faster than he can pick up a shekel off the ground

>TV license

fucking kek

When are you Poles gonna realise, you only exist for two reasons.

1. As a buffer against the Russians
2. As a cheap supply of labour to wipe German pensioners arses when they've shit.

That is all.