What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It started as an economic cartel between France and Germany.
The Euro was a terrible idea from the start.

ok I am not trying to meme hard here, I watched a clip on the internet, there were 3 women wearing muslim clothing (head scarfs and that stuff), they also ethnically looked pretty muslim (dont know which one, just looked like that, darker skin, brown eyes, brown hair), and they were speaking something, I dont know what..

the thing is, they were speaking in dutch the whole time, and I honestly thought they are speaking in their own mother tongue (some muslim language, again dont know which, could be algerian or syrian or turkish or whatever the fuck)
so basically you have people, in holland, speaking holland language, and it looked like a fucking kabul or I dont know, I honestly couldnt figure out it actually wasnt kabul till like a few minutes

about eu:
undemocratic, unelected, select few elite apointing themselves and writing up all the laws, its basically EUSSR with its own elite EU commisars, all they are missing is head to toe medals they give each other

nothing, it cannot have gone more right

>about eu:
>undemocratic, unelected,

holy fucking shit you fucking retards need to educate yourself at one point instead of regurgitating the progaganda you've been thrown at.

>eu
>unelected
>eu
>undemocratic

jesus fucking hell

like OPEN A FUCKING BOOK BEFORE GIVING YOUR WORTHLESS OPINION YOU SUBHUMAN

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT HOW THE EU WORKS

That's depressing considering that it has been a failure so far,

He's right though, individual citizens and countries don't really have a say in what the EU decides to do. It's basically like our Senate only with no real check on its power.

>in the 70s when the idea was put into pratice it was suppose to be a trade block this was before the imf and wb
IMF was founded in 1945 and the World Bank in 1944.
Disregarded the rest of your post.

Making a trade union into a political union. Not even once.
I hope you faggots crumble fast before UNASUR follows your steps.

Lisbon treaty

No solid foreign policy, everyone's just trying to push their own agenda. Too many half measures. Either federalize or disband.

Germans

As always

Go in peace, but go.

a bunch of non serbs want to make laws in serbia
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

It did not meet the criteria to be an OCA.
It let shitholes like Greece lie to get in just for the sake of having a unified Europe.

To be fair it did succeed in keeping a certain country from starting more wars so that's something.

>What went wrong?

Nothing. Weak bastards keep whining, but life goes om.

firstly, hardly anyone in Europe knows who their MEPs are or votes in European elections.

secondly, the EU parliament has very little actual power. It can't propose legislation, it can't craft legislation, and it can't repeal legislation. All it can do it take the legislation created by the (unelected) EU commission and vote on whether to pass it.

thirdly, don't think anyone has forgotten that this whole EU thing started in the first place because of French angst over losing their Empire and the desire to turn Europe into France's power-base for a greater French role on the world stage (remember, before German reunification France was the largest economy in Europe.)

too much control from europe makes the population feel regulated and hate the EU in return.

nothing,
only faggots complain about it

ignorant american but I don't understand why people in the leave side say "oh the EU is this fascist undemocratic satanist bureaucracy that's limited out freedoms!" when the UK passed shit like the Psychoactive Substances Act all on their own with out the help of the "freedom haters". I think hating freedom is a disease present in all Europeans.

Rude

>I think hating freedom is a disease present in all Europeans.
says the country where you can get a life sentence for marijuana

not in my state

the drug laws for other drugs in legal states are also sort of ignored so most things are free game

if you get caught with a personal amount of any psychedelic you'll likely not even get it taken away

if it's a hard drug they'll probably confiscate and maybe mandate you go to treatment

each individual state in this country has more of a say on what happens in their state than Euros do in their country

>What went wrong?
nothing. It's working exactly as planned.

the plan being to take government out of the hands of the proles and put in into the more responsible hands of the educated, internationalised European elite. Because clearly, ruling should always be done by a bunch of pampered aristocrats completely detached from the everyday lives of ordinary people.

with the PSA you can years in prisons for possessing "drugs" I can buy at a walmart

I have a question
The United States is basically like the EU, made up of states(countries) with their own laws
Every state(country) has their own opinions, their own values politically and economically
Yet it does not collapse
Why?

>I am not trying to meme hard here,

you're right, that was literally zero-effort memeing right there.

>firstly, hardly anyone in Europe knows who their MEPs are or votes in European elections.
That's issue with people being ignorant and irresponsible, not the institution being undemocratic

>It can't propose legislation, it can't craft legislation, and it can't repeal legislation.
These are actual legitimate issues, although
>vote on whether to pass it
along with having power to disband the commission is actually quite significant power that puts limit on what commission (appointed by elected officials btw) can propose.

The US has a national history since the war of independence and the founders and a common language that makes people much more at ease with the idea of sharing a community with the other states rather than in Europe where every ethnicity had their own country and language and history and were often at war with their neighbors.

Also the US has a national army that can be used to keep states in line if they try to leave (see American civil war)

Germans are the niggers of Europe