So I fucking hate this platform for a huge number of reasons...

So I fucking hate this platform for a huge number of reasons, but just like I was forced to use normiebook to talk to anybody because they forgot what texting was, now I have to use this heaping pile of hot shit if I don't want to lose contact with everybody I know online.
But if I'm gunna be forced to use it, it may as well be functional. My biggest gripe with it right now is that I can't view more than one text channel (or server) side by side. Are there any known extensions for the browser version of this cancer platform that enable this or am I gunna have to bang my fist against a keyboard until a functioning script comes out?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchbase.com/organization/discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>now I have to use this heaping pile of hot shit if I don't want to lose contact with everybody I know online.
stop making friends with underage kids then

Even my 30 year old coworkers demand we use it to play overwatch together

just make the script

Change job

They have an api, make it yourself user.

Half of the api you need for regular usage (like viewing history) is completely undocumented.

Someone made a CLI client, maybe check that if it supports it.

Why the fuck can't people just learn to use IRC?

It doesnt have le funny pictures!

>Wahhh it's too hard to type in /join #channel and /quit
>It sucks becuz it doesn't have smileys!!
>It doesn't have voice or video chat so it's inferior even though though I never use those features!

Yeah man fuck extra features!
Why do we have 4k screens, let's go back to monochrome 240p!
Text only!

>not knowing discord is IRC but with voice chat as well and a buttload of superior features. You probably still use newsgroups.

You're retarded

It's literally nothing like IRC

No you are you fucking faggot
>a boo hoo why do new things have to exist waaahh
>g-guys just go back to using outdated text only communication!
Almost as bad as
>durr smartphones are da devil
>we need to go back to flip phones

>Hey guys lets use this closed-source platform that actively spies on your running processes, has user-agreement services, logs everything you say, and sells your data!
>Oh also it doesnt have any of the convenience and reliability or anonymity of IRC
>But it has funny pictures xDDDDD
Kill yourself.

If discord was a decent program no one would complain about it.

Nigger every single thing you do is tracked now
Have you seen the shit the NSA is capable of? Or the CIA?
But think about it:
How the fuck will it effect you?
>oh i dont shop at that store
>why?
>they record you
>okay but they do that in case someone shoplifts, so they can refer back to footage and make sure it's-
>shut up! They sell it too!
>fuck walmart im just gonna make my own farm

It's only a problem because the furries, autistic trannies, and fetishistic diaper wearing littles flocked to it. When it's used for work, video game guilds and groups, and friend circles it's totally fine and actually gets shit done a lot faster than a social website or even Steam would in regards to video games.

>Everything is recorded so you may as well use things that record you even more directly
No thanks.

>>durr smartphones are da devil
>>we need to go back to flip phones
This is spot on you fucking normalfag, get off this damn board already and go back to Sup Forumseddit.

t.friendless loser

if you had friends you'd be on discord

Are you a teenage virgin hipster?
If you dont own and use a smartphone in 2017 you are literally that

it's literally a modified irc protocol but with voice. go back to your video games fuckstick.

No, I'm not, but you sure fucking are if you're in this thread defending Discord AND smartphones, both of which are anti-consumer as fuck. You don't give half a shit though, you need it so you can contact your shitty gaymer friends and talk to other normalfags on epic 'apps' like snapchat or whatever other gay fad shit people use nowadays.

>but with voice
>and emojis
>and inline videos and pictures
>and data tracking
>and process monitoring
>and a fucking EULA, something IRC inherently doesnt have
>and spying
>and recording everything you say
So on and so on and so on.
It is inferior in every way.

At least i have friends loser
Also how do you even listen to music without an iphone? Do you still use fucking cd's?

next you'll tell us that slack and jabber are the devil too.

smartphones are pretty much PCs you carry in your pocket. fuck, stop seeing the top 10 most downloaded apps at play store like whatsapp or netflix and realize that there are lots of useful programs out here for very different areas

everything you listed makes it superior you dumb goonie baboonie

>and data tracking
>and process monitoring
>and a fucking EULA, something IRC inherently doesnt have
>and spying
>and recording everything you say
>makes it better
And you know you can just fucking link videos and pictures in IRC right? If you REALLY wanted you could even get a client that supports that inline.

This thread:
>discord is of beings more better because of had more featurse
This thread if it were about medicine:
>cancer is of beings more better because of had more cells

cancer is actually better, it's the next step in human evolution but the jews keep fucking killing it off and then blaming any negative things from it on chemo.

>If you REALLY wanted you could even get a client that supports that inline.
Yeah. That's what he was saying. Discord. Just take literally any open source client and copypaste rape mumble. Connect it to your botnet and add some ezpz features for normies.

If Wal Mart was caught selling security footage to advertising and face recognition firms they'd be slapped with so many court cases and fines you could power a city with how fast their heads would be spinning

>being rich is of beings more better because of had more money
You sound like a fucking mongoloid you subhuman piece of filth.

it's better than slack you drooling faggot

no they wouldn't because it's their private property as long as it isn't somewhere you would expect privacy like a bathroom.

Discord != IRC client. It may mimic the protocol (though we have no way of telling since its closed source) but you cant connect to other IRC servers with it.
It's just a more invasive skype with better organization.

Not exactly; it would be
>zimbabwe dollar is of beings more better because of easily trillionaire

it uses websockets and it's pretty much just an OTP app using elixir

>Websockets make it just like IRC
And that's still not the fucking point. It's an invasive client that offers nothing but inline images and voice. It could have all the features in the damn world and it wouldn't make up for the fact it's a closed-source dataminer

>being so far behind the times that you think the zimbabwe dollar is actually a valid currency since 2015.

>the point
>...
>whoosh
>...
>your head

>Having normie friends who don't care about their data being sold to the highest bidder

Angry much? Where's the proof that's it's a shekels dataminer?

Where's the audited proof that it isn't?

If you're not paying, you're the product.
Why else would it be closed source, record all chat logs, monitor processes even when you dont tell it to, and have a EULA?

Rather use discord than skype. Most of my friends refuse to change from skype to anything else, citing that the "background noise is comfy" and that "skype is comfy and nostalgic" because that's what they've been using for the past 15 years.

I'd love to be able to individually adjust their fucking volumes so that their mechanical keyboard clicks wouldn't break my fucking ears along with their mic-breathing and other shit.

You're fucking lucky if your friends use discord.

This is how I feel about snapchat

>background noise is comfy
In my case, it's more of
>background noise is a canary test for the connection not silently dying on you

wish there was a way to appear offline to certain individuals.

Kind of annoying to have colleagues message me when I just want to hang out with real friends.

>Microsoft Comic Chat

Discord is better than skype for voicechat admittedly, but mumble or teamspeak are miles ahead of both.

>pffth, why buy a tractor? just learn how to use a horse properly!

How much of a loser do you have to be in order to actually suggest using IRC instead of discord/skype/teamspeak when talking to friends?

Like literally, how fucking detached from reality are you when you think people should only communicate with text?

>archival of chat
>it monitors processes to display the game you currently have open under your username for friends to see.

>being so much of a unlikable loser with 0 friends that he deludes himself into thinking he chose it as a lifestyle and bashes on other people who aren't as pathetic as him

okay

mad because your product isn't valued at almost $1 billion USD

crunchbase.com/organization/discord

>voip service
>cant even listen to your own mic in settings
I fucking hate it too man.

Yeah why don't people use shittier apps? Kids nowadays, amirite

>mumble
>teamspeak
Can people just stop spewing the same old shit meme. Discord voice capabilities are at THAT level already. You're not comparing against oovoo or skype.

their face when teamspeak3, mumble, and discord use opus at the same bitrate depending on user settings and in teamspeaks case whatever the channel is set to.

Use riot.I'm on the matrix.org network instead.

>fully free software
>distributed, run your own server
>web meme electron like discord
>has native android app
>supports irc bridges + many more
>end 2 end encryption
>if u don't like riot u can use one of many other clients written in different languages

you're fucking stupid. using out-dated piece of shit like irc is just old.
> no le funny memes
> no pictures
> where is history1!?
> no buddies
> no group chats
> not user friendly
> literal eye cancer

Are you trying to say discord is good?

Yes?

This is either retardation at its finest or some sort of deep meta-satire

arguments in this thread:

-discord is bad
-irc is good

>-datamining is bad
>-open distributed protocols are good
fixed that for you

This seems pretty ideal. It needs a discord integration so people can transition away from that cancer pile.
It looks like a nice modern version of pidgin.

>implying irc doesn't mine your shit too

I laugh

Use an encrypted chat noobs

>muh they can read my memezz :(

>An open source protocol
>Mining anything
You can go in and scrape shit from irc rooms with a bot, but there's no inherent tracking of anything you doofus

I'm mad they wont add webm embedding when its literally one tag.

>If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!
You are pure cancer.

Your arguments aren't too convincing right now.

Discord bridges do exist, some people run them in their rooms.

fuck off grandpa. IRC is shit that I aint got time for.

Discord is cancer in some ways but it looks nice and it takes less than 10 seconds to figure out. no commands needed for basic shit.

presentation and aesthetics are 80% of what sells normies on anything. As long as discord works well at a basic level, nobody will care

>now I have to use this heaping pile of hot shit if I don't want to lose contact with everybody I know online.

take the hint..

>go back to your video games fuckstick.

Oh the ironoing, most of the normalfaggots who use discord use it for gaming.

Voice chat and ("soon") video chat
It offers this while simultaneously not being a laggy piece of shit.
Sure, for text chat nothing will ever kill IRC, but this is sleek, and fast, and does other things. That's all it takes for the average normie to love it.

Just make a FOSS version that just werks™. Combine mumble with Discord's UI and braindead setup and you're good to go.

Tell them it's a Chinese advertising data-miner disguised as a VOIP program.

Because it is.

And nobody would care. Honestly, who cares

>"we care about privacy"
>no encryption

gotta love these SJW companies that write their release notes in meme language

>My biggest gripe with it right now is that I can't view more than one text channel (or server) side by side

Just make two windows, moron

Teamspeak3 is the best voice chat client ever. Fuck all the other ones. Discord is botnet

Do you have evidence of this? I know it's proprietary but still, having something to for proof makes persuading people to not use it a lot easier

friends dont let friends use Electron

it needs to die. now

Look into better discord github.com/Jiiks/BetterDiscordApp

Setup a matrix server and a riot.im server

>another electron "app" replaced with another one
just stop using it

this app is going to replace steam one day

No matter what Sup Forums will say, people will still use discord for some reason
>emojis
>braindead easy to use
>ability to upload files
>very easy to make friends, join diffrrent servers (literally press this button to do it)
>nice design and interface
>big userbase and their friends are already using it
>voice chat
>many kinds of useful bots

Only reason I use it is because my friends use it. Took way too long to get them off of fucking Skype for text chat, IRC/whatever meme chat client is hot right now would not go over well

Honestly why do we care about a game chat being botnet? It's the chinese listening to you, not the enemy clan, so it does the job. Just don't use discord for anything serious.

>Electron

Into the trash it goes.

I'm surprised Valve hasn't bought them out yet.

>So I fucking hate this platform for a huge number of reason
still better than slack.
Just have to wait it gets sold under new management, then it will turn to shit