Iphone shit

Longtime android user here, I just got my first iphone, a cracked iphone 5S I found on the side of the road. I managed to fix the screen for $13 (found it on ebay). I really don't know what I'm doing and am looking for some good websites with information about jailbreaking, activation locks, etc.

OP here, there seems to be ridiculous amounts of misinformation about jailbreaking / activation locks out there. The iphone I found was not activation locked. Not knowing anything, I stupidly updated it to the latest firmware and it works, but I want to learn more. There seems to be cheap iphones on ebay that are "icloud locked" and am wondering if I can unlock them.

Give back the phone, Tyrone.

LOL, no seriously, I found it on the side of the road. I had to buy a sprint nano-SIM card on ebay to activate the phone. The IMEI is clean.

You can’t bypass Activation Lock. I work in iPhone repair – Apple-certified and everything – and retards come in every single day asking for help because they don’t have enough brain cells to remember one fucking password. They restored their phone, and Activation Lock is on, and now they can’t get through. Every time, I have to tell them that no, there’s no way to get past Activation Lock other than resetting the password on the AppleID.

Sometimes, they go to do Account Recovery and realize they’ve forgot their email password, too, meaning they’re unable to recover their account via email. And they’ve forgotten the answers to the security questions, too, so they can’t recover their account that way. And, mind you, all of this is somehow my – or Apple’s – fault for having actual account security.

you cannot unlock the activation locked iPhones. unless you want to spend some extra money on a new logic board.

you can downgrade your current iPhone by finding an older IPSW file and restoring it via iTunes to said file, then you can proceed jailbreaking it.

Nice try Jamal. Give it back.

There's a reason why iPhones are the most secure devices on the planet.

>lying on the internet
You found a clean IMEI Sprint iPhone on the side of the road, where no one had ever logged in with an iCloud account?
No, No you didnt.
Also Sprint being a Legacy CDMA carrier, does not activate the phone with only the nano-sim...you must call in and have the IMEI registered. This is how CDMA works.
You sir, are a lying Jamal

Give it back Demarcus

Give it back, Trayvonica

Okay, now that you can't unlock it and can't give it back.

Just fucking destroy it, so no one gets it in the end.

Give it back, Milorad

Congrats, you found a $50 device and wasted $13 on it.
That’s like finding -13dollars in your pocket.

Why do we get a lot of these threads? Is Sup Forums actually filled with thieving niggers?

>Is Sup Forums actually filled with thieving niggers?

yes, the ones that steal anime/music/movies/tvshows etc

>announces sage

5S is still $120-130 in slav shithole where I live

Give it back, Branimir

Come on Najib, just give it back