You have 10 seconds to explain why you AREN'T using Windows

You have 10 seconds to explain why you AREN'T using Windows.

Let's get a quick run down...

>MUH VIRUSES AND MALWARE
Do you download everything you find off the internet without checking it? Are you that dumb?

>MUH WINDOWS SLOWWWW
You need a modern PC to run a modern OS, if you have a Pentium 4 with Windows 10 it will perform like a Pentium 4 with Windows 10. Windows never runs slow on capable hardware.(Unless you do stupid shit)

>MUH UNSTABLE WIN UNSTABLE!!!
Again, most crashes are due to the user. If your GPU is dying or your motherboard is trashed then guess what - Windows can't do anything to fix it and things WILL crash. I haven't had a single BSOD in 3 years, my secret? I'm not fucking stupid and buy good hardware.

>MUH SPYING MS SPYSSS!
You can download WinAero Tweaker and disable all telemetry, and if you don't trust them you can easily follow their guide and fix it in the registry.

>BUT NORMIES USE WINDOWS REE
Yeah, most people do use Windows, simply because that is all they know, sometimes they do knowingly pick Windows over other OS's, but there is a big reason why.

What's your excuse, Sup Forums ?? If you simply love Linux then that is fine, but there really are no other reasons for the END USER/CONSUMER to use Linux in a home environment (although Linux IS better for servers)

So?

Because it's shit.

How?

>he thinks the botnet in a closed source OS can be disabled
>by clicking a couple of placebo buttons and placebo third party tools, which are closed source too and can turn off "windows 10 telemetry" even on linux when ran via WINE
how cute

Even if they can't be turned off, what's your point? There is no getting away from PRISM and SystemD, no matter where you go you are fucked.
Backdoors in the OS to the CPU to your ISP spying on you, your celluar provider...

Cute how you think that you think Linux is any more safe when you are spied on from just about every angle.

> Windows
> need for every fucking shit a fucking gui
> even programming is a buttfuck because of these awful gui editors (despite of how you get your compiler/interpreter for language X running...)
> can't even put hdd into another computer and run it out of the box
> need twice the time to find some setting
> gets buttfucked by ransomeware & friends
> so shitty, even the company itself wants you to run an paid antivirus software

Yeah, why do I hate Windows?

I don't want ads to be constantly shown on my screen.

I use old hardware, and gcc (codeblocks and mingw/cygwin suck).

I like font rendering on linux more
tried switching font on windows and couldnt
linux just works

cause i use whatever the fuck i want you fucking mentally retarded shithead vegetable

> need for every fucking shit a fucking gui
???
> even programming is a buttfuck because of these awful gui editors (despite of how you get your compiler/interpreter for language X running...)
Could be a fair point, I don't write code.
> can't even put hdd into another computer and run it out of the box
That is one of many ways MS tries to stop people from pirating windows. It sucks but it is what it is.... As if running the same copy of Linux on multiple machines isn't shit anyway, you still have to install the proper drivers anway.
> need twice the time to find some setting
????? How?
> gets buttfucked by ransomeware & friends
?? THought we covered this in the original post?
> so shitty, even the company itself wants you to run an paid antivirus software
When you have millions of people out to get your customers and scam them and more it gets kinda hard to defend yourself.

Anything else?

You can disable all of that in WinAero Tweaker. Although it shouldn't be there in the first place...

This is probably bait/shameless shill but I will take it anyway:
>MUH VIRUSES AND MALWARE
As we saw with the recent Wannacry, you don't need to do anything to get infected, it's enough that the system has an easily exploitable bug and you're already at risk. The fact that you need Antiviruses on Windows, just in case, only shows how fucked up the security of the system is.
>MUH WINDOWS slows
Say what you want but windows is bloated - both in volume of useless applications and useless background sevices. Most Linux desktop environments are much much lighter so even people with older hardware can enjoy a decently fast computing experience.
>MUH UNSTABLE WIN UNSTABLE!!!
You can't tell what is good hardware until you used it. As for stability, I personally never had a BSOD my self but did have explorer crash numerous times. Plus the system seems to have serious driver issues sometimes.
>MUH SPYING MS SPYSSS!
>You can download WinAero Tweaker and disable all telemetry.
Relying on 3d party fixes is not a viable solution, especially when it probably doesn't help either way because Microsoft would be smarter that to allow users to do that. Reminder, you don't OWN Windows. You lease it. As such, Microsoft has total control over your system, no matter how clever you think you are with registery tweaks.
>BUT NORMIES USE WINDOWS REE
Who the fuck said this? Even though there is a certain appeal to being in the "secret Linux users club" and feeling "superior to the normos" no one does it just because of that.
>What's your excuse, Sup Forums ?? If you simply love Linux then that is fine, but there really are no other reasons for the END USER/CONSUMER to use Linux in a home environment (although Linux IS better for servers)
There are reasons, you conveniently decided not to respond to them but you know you would get BTFO-ed (Windows Update being utter garbage, windows license costing money, ads in the GUI...)

>You can disable
you're a moron if you think you can disable any of the tracking.

Glorious WSL

You make many fair points but I don't feel that all of them make it a deal breaker, you wanna talk about Wannacry as if it happens all the time, but it doesn't. You wanna talk about the time that many Linux systems had a back door if you pressed the backspace key at the login prompt like 72 times or something? You guys sure forget real fast how fucked Linux can be.

As for 3rd party shit yeah it shouldn't have to be used, but Microsoft does shit that I don't like, and obviously you don't like.

>Paying for Windows
Unless you want Enterprise or LTSB you don't need to purchase Windows, just download the ISO from Microsoft and use it, there is no time limit like back in Windows 8.1 and below.

I get it, Windows has a shit ton of flaws, but it's the most popular OS on the planet and because of that it gets the most software, the most support and sadly the most scammers.

Windows update IS trash, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was in Vista and Windows 7, it's actually usable now. I do miss Windows XP updates though...
>ads in the GUI
Already covered that in a newer post see

it doesn't run my favorite applications like liferea

b,but I'm using it.

idk i just am just really used to unix-like shit at this point, why is this even a thread.

i dont like that my OS does things i never asked it to. Its unpredictable.

>liferea
Use bash on windows lol.

fuck you pajeet

>bsod is not OS fault
I love this new indian meme

$0.2 have been deposited in your windows 10 store account

Most of the time it's not.

I prefer a Unix(-like) environment.
>b-but Windows 10 has Linux
Utter shit. I'd use Windows ME before I used Microsoft's newest failed abortion.

>Use bash on windows lol.
Are you aware that liferea is a GTK+ application?

>????? How?
The settings for keyboard speed. And don't talk me about the stupi thing in the control panel, it's a joke.

And?

But I do use windows... and I have no plans to switch.

is LTSB a meme or is it actually worth getting?

are you dumb?
>just install an X11 server
yeah it'd be a million times worse than on linux
no thanks

>yeah it'd be a million times worse than on linux
lol ok?

>have W7
>can do anything 10 can do except without ads or botnet
why even use 10? its so bad

You can not not send data by design desu.

>winblows
>no programs open
>there's a 50% chance at any given moment updater.exe or telemetry.exe or antimalware.exe is running and consuming MASSIVE amounts of resources, raising your temps way higher than they should be with no programs open.

or my personal favorite
>installed new proprietary application
>please restart winblows to finish installation, you cuck
>click start
>reboot
>windows is preparing to install updates
>updating, don't power off the machine you cucked bitch
>after 5 min it reaches bootloader
>finishing updates....
>5 min later get to desktop
>cortana: check out this new feature, bitch ;-)

An OS should stay the fuck out of your way and let you be productive. Windows 10 does the literal polar opposite of that. Linux does what I configure it to do.

this

It's closed source, and all the software made for it is closed source. That's really unusable on MIPS and RISC-V

Have had no issues with AV or "Telemetry", not my fault you use some garbage CPU that can't handle shit.

Windows doesn't take 100 years to update if you use a good computer, get out with your Pentium 4 HT PC, it's time to upgrade nigger

stop with the racism please

The reason Windows clients always get infected is because people are browsing the web with their administrator account. Then you have people who don't want to accept that they have bad security practices. Yes, out of the box Windows is a very vulnerable system, but the software is there for you to protect yourself. People just aren't using it. Microsoft should enforce a more proper, more strict security policy for the end users.

AV and Telemetry does sound antisemitic, doesn't it?

If Microsoft would remove the telemetry, or at least make it actually opt-out, I would give 10 a shot.

They never will though, so, you know.

>but you can disable

Why are you lying to me? Why do you continue to lie? You are proven wrong over and over again but you lie anyways. If you have to lie to convince somebody, maybe you should re-evaluate what you are saying and consider that maybe you are wrong. Cut it out already.

>crying about racism
think you're on the wrong website

Your desktop uses a processor other than amd or intel?

total bernie voter here folks. take his coat.

In the future, it will. I'll switch to RISC-V as soon as open source PHYs/IPs are out, and the entire instruction set is stable.

>Why are you lying to me? Why do you continue to lie? You are proven wrong over and over again but you lie anyways. If you have to lie to convince somebody, maybe you should re-evaluate what you are saying and consider that maybe you are wrong. Cut it out already.
"If I repeat the same non-argument multiple times I win"

How is it lying when the service that controls telemetry is completely disabled? Not "Changed" or the settings lowered, completely DISABLED.

So why do you continue to say the same shit over and over and over and over and over? Prove to me that WinAero Tweaker doesn't disable the Telemetry service completely.

My next one will.

invalid argument. You need to prove it does.

invalid argument. You need to prove it does not.

Welcome to Sup Forums.
protip: 'turning' telemetry off doesn't turn it off (just read the thread, some anons actually bothered to post proofs)

you're missing the point, pajeet.

>install new proprietary applicatoin
>forced to reboot
>then windows conveniently decides to install it's updates

you have 10 seconds to explain how that's not counter productive

Because it's complete and utter crap, and Windows 10 is literally malware.

Also, you're a retarded piece of shit and should shoot yourself for willing defending microsoft.

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

see

I see now that windows and logic are not compatible.

Cry more, winbabby. Why defend such a blatantly malignant, poorly written abomination of an operating system? Microsoft doesn't like you. They don't pay you. Hell, you are their product. You're rooting for a team that thinks you're fucking retarded and wants to exploit you like a special ed highschool girl. I know grew up around ex-Microsoft employees—the stuff's rotten from its inception. It was never a good OS, and it never will be a good OS.

It's your own argument. I guess you're a Wincuck then.

i vomited

>implying OP isn't a paid shill
kek

it is slow and bloated and i don`t play games on it. even mac`s are better now when windows 10 came
t. lubuntu user

>07.31.2015

STOP

SO INCONSISTENT

but I am
Windows 10 is the best client operating system on the market

>Windows 10 is the best client malware on the market
FTFY

kek

>productivity
>reading Sup Forums
choose onem only one

win10 is perfect for the average Sup Forums reader

slow, botnet, forced to update when they want, ugly, bloated

it's accepted nowadays that linux >>> macos >>>> winblows

>WinAero Tweaker
You should use blackbird

Why do you fa/g/s always think your opinions are objectively correct? "I like using this, so anyone who doesn't is an idiot."

Windows 10 breaks grub every update

Windows 10 uses so much resources during downloading and installing updates that it disrupts my workflow

>botnet
Do you know the meaning of the word?

yeah

the best part is windows failing to update, and rolling back. wasted 2 hours of mine each time.

because i'm not poor and i can afford a mac. also, OS X is built on UNIX so it's basically linux without all the autism

>You can [...] disable all telemetry
you can't

also you didn't mention that W10 is the ugliest and least intuitive OS microsoft ever made.

Why does 10 take 20 minutes to boot when "Fast boot" is enabled?
Why does 10 take 20 minutes to resume from hibernation?

No other version of Windows had this issue.

So you're telling me, you cunts don't have hardware firewalls on your networks??

If you try to block telemetry, you also have to block updates.

Run a WSUS server you cuck. Approve your own updates.

Or I could just use an operating system that doesn't come with integrated malware.

>hurr linux sucks, gentoo is for autists, i can't waste time configuring it, i want an os that works out of the box
>windows 10? runs great, you just need to do all of these things after you install it

No, I run an OS that doesn't need it.

I don't think you do.

>Trying to justify paying that much for a system
Enjoy your adware

Cos I'm on a tablet

because it is broken and clunky, very unintuitive to configure, has file locking issues, terrible hybrid tablet / desktop ui, unable to version control or transfer configs to other systems, shit filesystem that has inconsistencies between programs, can't handle deep directory hierarchies, graphics stuff that interferes with multitasking in the kernel. Alt tab works in a really broken way which makes it really hard to handle cycling through a lot of windows (not like cmd-tab and cmd-` on the mac which is far superior). No simple backup/restore tool that you can restore an entire environment onto a new machine. Shit command line, no real virtual desktop solution, fucking dumb as fuck intel graphics drivers that come with the "feature" that ctrl-alt-down flips your screen (try explaining it to a normie).
This is just off the top of my head.

Because you can try to disable telemetry but its always coming back.

I mean from an information security perspective it's a no brainer to go with Linux. If you look at the hardening guide for Windows, it's like a triple volume 3000 pages thick. Linux is about as slim as an A4 notepad.

> Are you that dumb?
No, that's why I use Linux.