I discovered the wonder that is disk analyzers today after I realized CCleaner had one built in and I realized it's a...

I discovered the wonder that is disk analyzers today after I realized CCleaner had one built in and I realized it's a good chance to try to organize all my shit, only to realize it might be a little beyond me, seriously I think i'm reaching critical mass, I can't be the only one with this problem though yeah? If any anons have setups that are beyond control i'd like to see.

Other urls found in this thread:

ejie.me/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4uqswo/new_version_of_clover_out_310_tabbed_windows/?st=j40lr7z0&sh=4abd86d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

maybe posting all my stuff isn't very smart, but I was bored and felt like this was something worth doing

Is there something better than qdiskusage to do this on GNU/Linux?

ok Victor

You can manually change the placement of all files on your HDD to boost its speed?
Or is it just defraging?

Wtfffff so much anime man

Yes, what you're referring to is defraging

Ok so manual defraging is possible?

No, manual is impossible. You don't need it though. Just let the software do its thing, it'll relocate the blocks in the most optimal way.

Oh ok,what i got from OP was that he found a way to manually defrag his HDD and i thought that he wanted to defrag his hdd manually since programs might not optimize it as well as a human.

No, what you can see on the screen is the directory hierarchy across 7 hdds. OP has anime all over of them and I guess OP wanted to organize all that anime.

OP... The easiest way is to delet it. Seriously, why do you so much anime? Are you even ever going to rewatch it?

Interesting. You sort your anime by the seasons they aired on?

>Flame of Recca

Mah nigga. And a guy who likes Godzilla can't be a bad guy.

>tentacle
>No proper naming conventions or organizational practices.

And I thought my setup was bad.
You need to buy some bigger drives and consolidate your stuff or you're going to be running into the problem I've been having. And if you're not already, you need to mirror or just do copy/paste (drag/drop) backups to other drives.

(Also, people who don't take the [subgroup] out of the main folder name should probably kill themselves.)

>coal girls
Pretty gross Victor

I am impressed by all that data. You have quite a few hard drives.

I've been buying hybrid drives cause I was getting constant check disk sum and flushing to disk stuff in my torrents just from two to three months of use and thought it would help, it didn't really though outside of my SSD so I'll probably just start getting bigger hard drives
Not all of it, a lot of it I haven't watched yet, and a lot of it I just use for reference

what the fuck do you mean subgroup out of the main folder name?

honestly the anime would be the easy part, it's everything else that's in total disarray, stored away in random pockets of 7 year old files and drives

filebot
drivepool
plex (optional)

baobab

go outside and get an actual life, stupid piece of AUTISTIC TRASH, I wish I could hit you in the skull with a brick as hard an passionately possible, worthless loser.

I get this a lot

stay comfy inside and get an anime playing, you person of MANY FILES, I wish I could hug you in the midriff with my arms as hard and affectionately as possible, valuable user.

this is insane, I don't even come close

i had trouble coming up with an alteration to that bit
you still have more file than a lot of people

lol I actually laughed, thanks.
(I still feel a visceral and burning hate for OP though)

FUCK YOU OP!!

>nausicaa
Yiss

Also fuck Windirstat.
Shits inferior to Spacemonger.
Spacemonger works as an actual file explorer replacement in addition to analyser.
Best-tier.

If I go into the Animu folder and want to search something why would I want the subgroup name to be preceding the name of the show/movie? In this case I'd quickly type "Fa" and it immediately goes to the first instance of a folder name with "Fa" rather than have to look through the whole directory or use the Explorer search function which on slow drives or large arrays is slow as molasses.
It used to be where I'd delete the [subgroup] and CRC from the inidividual files as well but I found it was better to just keep them if I ever needed to know where I got a certain series from or if there was a patch I needed to know the Version/CRC.

inb4
>argevellon
>captain earth
(Yes, I know they're shit.)

oh, you mean subgroup as in the group who subs a show, I tried to fix this a long time ago manually but gave up eventually since renaming stuff started to mess with my torrent clients and there was just to much stuff to rename.

>2.5 TB of AVI
>[current year]
What are you doing with 2.5 TB of 640x480.

western show fags tend to be horrible at encoding, especially compared to anime fags who have more or less paved the way for high end video.

That's saddening. I honestly thought .avi died years ago. Then again I don't really watch TV shows anymore so I don't visit those particular places very often to see whats what.

(This actually reminded me I've gotta go download Planet Earth 2)

it's mostly old shite that will eventually be replaced or re-encoded (ew).

MySpleen and other legacy shit

what did you install that gives you tabs in explorer?

Clover (No, not the shitty app.)
ejie.me/

what do these two boxes install?

Only cause I ran into the same problem when I was reinstalling the new version.

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4uqswo/new_version_of_clover_out_310_tabbed_windows/?st=j40lr7z0&sh=4abd86d8

Oh, btw: Last time I tried this on Windows 10 a couple months ago it was bugged and broken. Looks like there was an update just a couple days ago though so maybe that was fixed. ┓(゚ペ;)┏

the tabs are cool but explorer isn't showing up in my taskbar now

Clover substitutes for explorer. Or rather Explorer uses Clover to open the windows now. Only difference is you have a new icon and can't right click on the Explorer taskbar icon.
(Although If it bothered you and you cared you can make Clover use the standard Explorer icon.)

Tabs and bookmarks are great.

Ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing

Bitrot is gonna set in at those scales.

Interestingly enough I think I've just found a bug. I'm on 3.3.3. Clover has a built in updater that's supposed to pull down the latest version. (I just realized I never actually blocked Clover in my firewall as I do with most of these programs that try to phone home and update or whatever. whoops) When I go to "Update selection" it tells me I'm on the latest version. (Which is 3.3.6)
So either:
1. It's not actually pinging the sever to look for an update. i.e. Broken feature.
2. The server isn't offering the update for some reason.
3. Something in the program or Windows isn't allowing the "search for update" through.
4. Or maybe they just don't offer an incremental beta update as part of the "Update" feature.
I don't really feel like opening up Wireshark right now and trying to see if it's actually trying to talk to the server or not but if some other user is really bored go for it.

I would normally just leave a message in the forums or do a issue tracker on Github but I don't think either of those options exist. This shit's in Chinese,
and I don't see anywhere to contact the Devs. A minor issue but an issue nonetheless.
Are you just memeing or is that actually a thing? Bitrot at high disk usage?

he's talking out his ass