Why did programming go from "for women" to "not for women"?

Why did programming go from "for women" to "not for women"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
theverge.com/2015/8/20/9179853/tech-diversity-scorecard-apple-google-microsoft-facebook-intel-twitter-amazon
youtube.com/watch?v=9vZpNQUIqIg
npr.org/sections/money/2014/10/21/357629765/when-women-stopped-coding
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When it got hard

When it stopped just being tedious repetitive garbage. Writing simple programs by today's standards in ASM or Cobol or whatever wasn't really hard it was just really annoying and time consuming. Literally like typist/secretary work.

Tech is still open to women they just seem to not give a shit and no amount of slogans or marches is gonna change that

When it began to involve creativity and vision

>it's another anti-woman thread

Go home, Sup Forums.

When it became logically "complicated". Women are codemonkeys.

Go program the eniac. Or a pilots ace. Or a pdp8. This shit wasn't and still isn't trivial. Especially compared to web development where 90% of the work is done for you thanks to packages.

I know its anecdotal but in my graduating class, we had a 1/4 female to male ratio for a 150+ class. It's not beyond a woman's capacity to learn difficult programming.

spbp
Excel replaced them.

Go to your natural habitat, shitskin pajeet. This privileged place is for white straight males.

They were like secretaries punching holes into cards.

It's not misogynistic at all to admit that women at the time weren't in leading roles. That's a mere fact.

when they drove the inventor of modern computers to suicide because he was gay.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

We faggots created the modern world.

That was the british government, not women programmers.

They fucking castrated the man. That sounds like feminists to me.

R u retarded?

Why does Sup Forums hate women?

If women wanted to be in computer programming, they already were. They don't need some Romanian gypsy boy, that can't program, speaking for them.

Seriously, stop shitting on the legacy of this genious. For fucks sake he singlehandedly invented the modern world and it still wasn't enough so fucking hunted him to his death because he was gay. And now you stupid FUCK dare to talk nonsense shit about how out of all things on the world it was feminism that killed Turing?

You
Dense
Mother
Fucker

get back to Sup Forums you summer cancer piece of trash

fuck off kike

Yeah because JavaScript and python is so much harder than remembering every opcode binary representation

Virgin

>Why did programming go from "for women" to "not for women"?
It was their decision.Nobody is stopping them.

Programming the eniac was trivial. The only thing impressive about the eniac was the hardware, which is where most of the actual logic took place (and why the eniac was praised)

This is /r9k/ you retard.

around the same time the average woman stopped being able to focus for more than an hour without needing to hop onto a strange dick

When the shit they did was automated away

traps are straight confirmed

fpbp

>This privileged place is for white straight males.
except the modern computer was invented by a gay man named Alan Turing.
He was convicted of homosexuality in 1952, chose castration over prison, and committed suicide by cyanide 2 years later.

Wrong.

Check this video of Jobs with his team of programmers.

Like half of them are women.

Nobody is holding you back from going into programming. I'm a girl and it's actually really nice how much attention you'll get from thirsty men.
>9/10 experience would go into programming again

Remembering stuff can be done by monkeys or a cheatsheet by your side.
Actually being creative while developing complex stuff rather than simple maths algorithms is where the challenge is.

>Nazis literally BTFO by a fag
How will Sup Forums ever recover.

>Alan Turing invented the computer
when will this meme die?

That's the photoshoot. Show me the real offices.

Stupid fag summerposter.

when it suddenly isn't true.
show some respect. You owe modern computing to that fag

feminism pushed women into the workforce, prior to that there was a relatively small highly motivated female workforce

>JavaScript
>creative
found the codemonkey

If only every fag would be as brave as Alan Turning and off themselves after doing something useful.

you need good working memory and thus high intelligence to actually work with assembly

if(!isTrue(val)){return false;}

>Developing the node.js framework
>Punching holes in paper according to some cheatsheets made by men that they had on the desk, because it was low skill work
Only Sup Forums would choose the second as the most difficult "coz it's js and it's bad"

Kys unemployed faggot
The state of Sup Forums

No the entire point of this thread is that programming used to be seen as a women's job. Now we have angry virgin neckbeards like that programming is too hard for women

>good working memory
>and thus high intelligence

Yeah, next thing you'll tell me is that having an iphone makes you smarter.

Memory = low skill work
Creativity = high skill work

And that's why this happened.

nice false dichotomy, user

do you even know what "working memory" means

>a women's

Found the fucking pajeet.

theverge.com/2015/8/20/9179853/tech-diversity-scorecard-apple-google-microsoft-facebook-intel-twitter-amazon

Apple is just 29% women.

Like I said, that's the photoshoot. Now show me the working offices.

You are a retard that would fall for even the most basic trick.

>mention women
>REEEEE Sup Forums!!!1!
I hate summer

as a matter of fact, you still need femininity to be a good programmer.
Look at programming socks for example.

>tfw work in a nice office
>tfw can't wear programming socks to work
feels bad man

iktf

save yourself

Do these really increase your code quality and lines per week?
In what way do you feel the improvement? Any other tips?

> This shit wasn't and still isn't trivial.
99% of it was

>women forced out of the workplace by misogynistic autists
>this is proof that women cannot program

>Apple is just 29% women.
i wonder how many of those women are men

because women went from eager and hardworking to lazy and self entitled.

Nobody forces quality workers out of the job.
The same way nobody forces men not to be nurses.

They do it on their own will you retard.

>They do it on their own will you retard.
because society pushes them in that direction.
youtube.com/watch?v=9vZpNQUIqIg

>anyone who doesn't luck x's boots has a pathological phobia of x
garbage collect yourself

Ask Sup Forums

holy shit are you some kind of super mongoloid? what is peer pressure? if you tried being a nurse in the 70s you'd have been called a fag and ostracized by everyone.

>Programming ye olde worlde computatons
>This shit wasn't and still isn't trivial

It takes bravery and courage to come here and admit to us all the difficulty you have doing the most trivial things- I salute you, unknown user

There's a load of difference between "society pushes" from actually kicking people out of the workforce.

It's like my parents condition me not to like planes, then I go to British Airlines and complain that because I studied philosophy, I'm not allowed to be a pilot and that's discriminatory.

WHAT?

-Was I really free to join the army and get the pilot license?
-Yes.
-Did British Airlines kick me out, or was it discriminatory?
-No

THEN FUCK OFF YOU TEN YEAR OLD RETARD

npr.org/sections/money/2014/10/21/357629765/when-women-stopped-coding

When it started including the design process.
>but all I do is input code that my superiors tell me to input
Well you're a code monkey user. That's not programming. It's coding.

Not that I agree with this idea it's just how it is.

>that pic

When we stopped using vacuums in computers

When engineers stopped being upstanding citizens that can tolerate other people and instead became autistic individuals that were normally constrained to science. They came in and pushed women out.
I wouldn't mind the opposite happening.

This guy is correct:
Everything else is bait

Programming stopped being for women when #WomynInSTEM became a thing

Pushing the unqualified into a field they have no aptitude or inclination towards is what caused the clusterfuck we have today

>If they want to, there's nothing you can do to stop them
>If they don't want to, there's nothing you can do to make them
>given apathy, participation is inversely logarithmic or inv. quadratic with incentivization

Because they only did the repetitive part of the job at the time, and nowadays there's other fields they prefer.

so you're saying women are more easily manipulated by what is considered 'normal'?

Artists are the smartest people on earth by that metric.

Yes they are.... on their field. It implies they're at a level where they can just stop punching holes and do creative work with the tools, not just what they are told like slaves. That's what I mean. A person with no skill can't do it because he can barely do what he's told

Not him but yeah. Women very often make major life decisions based on what's popular. Choosing degrees is one of those things. Surveys show that women stay away from male dominated fields because there's not enough women.
Men do the same but to a lesser degree

yes. Just look at the number of them that push their husbands to buy them BMW SUVs or iphones, regardless of how inferior the product actually is.

mid blown, I just realized 50% of Sup Forums is the smartest at shitposting

>artists are the most creative.
Some artists perhaps. On the whole I don't buy it.

Holy shit, he figured it out.

Read

Actually there was some really nice article about intelligence distribution between sexes which I can't be bothered to look for. While the average was pretty similar between males and females, males had higher variance. That means that if we took X% of the smartest people (X < 50), it will be dominated by males. The opposite is also true, there are more male dumbfucks than female dumbfucks. The article also contained some math which concluded that those statistics fit really well into the observed "gender bias".

Answer this pls

while im sorry its only 50% id like to see some new shitposting, but a lot of its copyshitpasta

4 1 2 3

Kek

Before there were computers everything had to be calculated by hand. Women were human computers.

>opcode binary representation

FORTRAN existed in the 50's fagtron, women didn't do low level shit

Late 50s. And higher level languages didn't get mainstream until a decade later, essentially. And then it was mostly Cobol in the business world.

when it became an academic matter

>Actually being creative [...] is where the challenge is.
bullshit, especially back then
the challenge was and is getting stuff to run and run fast and do all the things it needs to do

it's clearly a bait thread

i wonder what the work they were given looked like
is there any examples?

linus fucked 4 whores at a time
your argument is invalid

When when we stopped needing human compilers and programming became an exclusively creative and logical job.

(And a "computer" was once a time a person too, usually women, doing mechanical calculations).

> John von Neumann, when he first heard about FORTRAN in 1954, was unimpressed and asked "why would you want more than machine language?" One of von Neumann's students at Princeton recalled that graduate students were being used to hand assemble programs into binary for their early machine. This student took time out to build an assembler, but when von Neumann found out about it he was very angry, saying that it was a waste of a valuable scientific computing instrument to use it to do clerical work.

big this

For you

women btfo

That's what she said