So what's the best Linux distro and why is it Ubuntu MATE?

So what's the best Linux distro and why is it Ubuntu MATE?

i have MATE, but I always get an "internal error" So I think i'm going to switch to Fedora

Its parabola GNU+linux-libre.

I prefer XFCE but MATE is pretty good. I'd say it's my second favorite DE. Ubuntu is a steaming trash though. The only non-meme distros are Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, RHEL, and maybe Void if you're looking for non-systemd init system and a good package manager. Other than those, it's all outdated operating systems meant for embedded/server use, and hobbyist systems that break every day.

It is Ubuntu MATE because it is Debian Cinnamon.

I've never used a *buntu without a daily "internal error" message

inb4 stallman comes in

It's buggy as fuck

I feel like I have to use Ubuntu since nobody ever has packages for just Debian

>.deb files don't work on Debian

thats not how you spell Gentoo

but...

I used to love obongo mate but I got tired of internal errors and firefox freezing the whole system.

I run Mint MATE now and everything just werks.

Void or Bunsenlabs

>Chrome
What the fuck...

What makes Ubuntu MATE, specifically, a good distro compared to installing a minimal Ubuntu install with MATE DE? Is it the defaults, and if so what defaults? Because otherwise, there is no point in install any "flavour" of Ubuntu when you can build a minimal install yourself, or just install Ubuntu and MATE.

Flavours include branding, such as the custom splash screens. They are also customized a bit in terms of defaults to make the OOBE better.

>download a file over firefox
>click the download icon
>whole OS crashes
Yeah, no. Ubuntu MATE is shit.

>not using LTS
wew

You may want to run

man dpkg

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and had no definitive correct answer

>changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and had no definitive correct answer
Welcome to /g, you must be new.

Also, yeah, shitposts like OP's are pretty common. Also, it's obvious OP has no taste.

>new
jej

It's Mint KDE

>using a de
>not using a wm

you already failed OP

How do you have iceweasel.

compile or grab the binary

there could possibly even be snaps or flatpacks by now

It's not Ubuntu and I am not your mate, mate.

Going to MATE with your Ubutt you homofag.