PSA to the less informed, don't be distraught by the Intel Skylake-X benchmarks...

PSA to the less informed, don't be distraught by the Intel Skylake-X benchmarks, the platform is brand new and BIOS updates will fix the performance, there's is no reason to fear, Skylake-X is comfortably ahead of Ryzen and Broadwell-E in performance.

If you're concerned about power consumption, don't be, when you look at it, it's only a few lightbulbs worth of power, completely meaningless, in the first place the whole power consumption meme was never important, it was only pushed as an agenda by a third party with an interest.

Anyone buying this platform will not regret it, mark my words.

Give me one for free dick.

If theyre energy efficient light bulbs its more than a few

>12 core threadripper
>demolished the 7900X at stock
>costs $300 less
>somehow also uses less power
>Intel responds with 7900X overclock
>Intel now uses twice the power to match a stock cheaper AMD chip

This is literally Netburst again

except its supposed to compete with threadripper, a 16 core 32 thread monster that starts at $849 and comes with 64 pcie lanes no matter the sku.

I see Intlel shills are already in damage control.

JUST WAIT

I meant give me a free ryzen, because I know op is actually amd marketing lead.

>370W dissipation on a 25 cm2 surface
>with jew jizz
Could you fry an egg on it?

i really really wanted intel, but since intel put shitty inside tim instead of solder, and jewed out pcie lanes on 8 cores, i can only say it was long intel, but we must depart.

lol

>Temperatures were definitely a concern with Cinebench and Terragen pushing 100°C with our 240mm AIO liquid cooler. As a result, while stable and potentially tameable under custom water-cooling, we decided to go for 4.6GHz for benchmarking

>375W for the 10c part
We will need a dedicated psu for the 18c.

>'It's OK when Intel Shill shit on Ryzen's performance and BIOS problems at launch' the post.

How much more damage control will there be?

H-hayai!

Nah seriously you're pathetic, this thing is regressing in some tests against Broadwell and on top of that uses absurd amounts of fucking power, maybe it would be acceptable if it was released in Winter, but using 60% more power for like 20% extra performance against a lower core part that's inherently less efficient in multithreaded workloads just spells fucking disgust.
It's like Intel had no answer but to crank up clockspeeds.

Hey dick head get me a free threadripper. I will shill amd better than your whole dept.

>core i series
>brand new
Wew lad, they're going all out

>'It's a new platform! I swear!'
>It's OK when Intel shills do it.

We still remember the Ryzen launch you fucking kikes.

It really is except this time they don't have a good mobile design to bail them out again

The irony, of course, is that you autists aren't realizing that OP was directly copying the Ryzen "they'll fix it in the firmware" shit that was being posted months ago.

Why you concern yourselves over these petty cpu wars is beyond me, but by all means, if you get joy from it, go right ahead.

Infinity Fabric is a new thing which requires optimizations and adjustments which is why BIOS updates affected performance so much on ryzen systems. Unless Intel's new mesh type interconnect also needs such things(it probably wont since it software wont have to deal with things like onter-CCX communication) BIOS updates wont change performance much.

Power efficiency doesn't matter.

Unless you're talking about Bulldozer, overclocked Polaris or Hawaii

Yea stop lying. You're only saying you want a free Ryzen because you know the Intel CPU is a turd.

>Yea stop lying. You're only saying you want a free Ryzen because you know the Intel CPU is a turd.

DESU I'd rather have the Intel CPU, but I know AMD doesn't give those away. I mean I do deserve some compensation from AMD since their shills still use some of my original talking points, and countermeasures.

So basically what you're asking me to do is Just Wait™

RAID KEYS

Pyrrhic victory over AM4, and X399 hasn't even launched.

God damn it Intel, I can see why they rushed this thing out to get some sales before TR decimates this entire lineup like Ryzen did with Broadwell

Everything is gonna be daijobu*

* fire extinguisher not included in the purchase

Literally, LITERALLY P4EE 2.0 in every way possbile.

Finally a cpu that can run every pc game while recording. 1800x can't do this.

dude an i5 6600k @ stock can do that

>Finally a cpu that can burn down your house while recording. 1800x can't do this.

And an 1800x oc still can't. AMD is fucking pathetic.

only reason i'd consider x299 stuff is for that itx board - shove it into an ncase m1 along with the 10 or 12 core cpus for a little babby dev workstation

would build but i need an extra pcie slot for a video capture card

You need to cool it, user. Also asscock will probably rev up the insanity and make TR4 ITX board.

recording is easy, it's the video encoder that hurts

but if you're not streaming you can just use nvenc/amf/quicksync and crank the bitrate so it doesn't look like ass

I was thinking about ITX, but then these leaks practically show you need a watercooler for any decent clocks, and likely it will throttle on air coolers even at stock, much less on small ITX heatsinks.

Personally I'd go for Threadripper, looks way more efficient, but the socket is huge and it's unlikely to get ITX boards.

>1800x can't do this.

1800x can't do many things hence GPU bottlenecked benchmarks.
TFW an over locked sandy bridge can outperform ryzen.

Why would you rather have a turd? I mean I am brand loyal to Intel too, but I usually at least wait until they release something good before I try to get it.

tfw in the real world u're better off with a 6yo i5 than AMYYYYMD's top of the line 400+USD 8core

>asscock will probably rev up the insanity and make TR4 ITX board.
I'd buy this just to celebrate the sheer insanity of such a thing existing

Fucking socket looks as big as my hand, they'd have to put everything on riser boards just to fit things

ncase m1 or one of the bigger "itx" cases could handle the cooling

But in reality I'll probably buy a kikeripper and high end vega and go back to ignoring hardware for another 4-5 years. Better to pour my time into software project ideas instead.

ACTUALLY
FUCKING
REGRESSED
IN
SOME
WORKLOADS
AGAINST
BROADWELL-E

That's what you get for removing the L3, you fucking kikes.

Ha ha what? Make bigger L2 did not werk? Bravo Intel!

Skylake-EP/X is designed for server workloads.
Hence the AVX512(which need bigger L2)
And you're left with no room for more L3

Nothing in datacenter uses meme512 and you're better using coprocessors to do it. Aka Intel is fucking retarded.

That seen to be the matter.
In theory bigger L2 could render all kind of loads, if you keep L2 as a victim cache for L1, but it seen, L3 is also used for intercore communication.
Things can go pretty bad with this, on the current software.

Oh my God this piece of housefire shit will be what AMD is going against with 7nm Zen2?

Dear God Intel you shouldn't even have released this thing

Bigger L2 sure as fuck doesn't help Zen, and it sure as fuck wouldn't benefit Skylake-X either.

While it was obvious L3 helps Intel. a lot, even their L4 was good performance boost, but this is just fucking sad now.

New intel HEDT
Now with more thermal jizz
More l2
Less L3
Less performance

B-but AVX512.

>100° C on an AIO
Probably.

Literally a non issue.

Jesus
200W @ stock clock only for the processor.
1800X 100W with 8 cores.
The 16 cores BreadRipper should be around 200W too. With 6 more cores...
Intel's 18 core will ether run at 2Ghz, or raise global temperatures by a full °C.

>However, temperatures were definitely a concern with Cinebench and Terragen pushing 100°C with our 240mm AIO liquid cooler.
>Non-issue.
Pick one.

Stop patronizing me, get a better cooler

Stop putting jizz in HEDT CPUs.

>get a better cooler
Like what

>when you look at it, it's only a few lightbulbs worth of power

you mean a few lightbulbs of heat?

WHY CAN'T YOU AFFORD A $400 WATERLOOP SKYLAKE-X IS PREMIUM HARDWARE IT NEEDS PREMIUM COOLING FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS

SHUT IT DOWN

like pottery

>10 cores pull 300W overclocked

Oh God I don't wanna imagine the 18 core.

>If you're concerned about power consumption, don't be, when you look at it, it's only a few lightbulbs worth of power,
what, you mean like the power difference between Sandy and Bulldozer? :^)

Don't worry, you'll OC them 300mhz tops before mosfets will blow up.

Pretty sure Japan is going to ban import of i9.

How would an A bomb only influence atmospheric temperatures for a minute? It would take far longer to dissipate the heat through air.

nucular explosions are actually thermo-neutral.

it's y it's called "cold fusioN"

Not how nukes work mang

who actually care about this shit? I only see encoders using this meme shit

Not raining on youtr shitposting, but it seen even with jizz its stable on AIO around 4.5-4.6.
All in all, it seen, for such a big core, its not that real bad, 1.15v for 4.5ghz. With solder the cpu could reliable reach 4.8 on AIO

>stable
AT NINETY FUCKING DEGREES
ON AIO
FUCKING HELL FERMI WAS ALSO
>STABLE
I GUESS?

Voltages mean jack shit when it consumes so much fucking power, it's just a number.
Zen runs generally at much higher voltages but it uses way less power and is more efficient, funny thing, huh?

Now imagine Zen using THIS.

Latest News: Intel responsible for Grenfell Tower fire.

PSA: This is damage control

Oh god these are all tested with AIOs, what's gonna happen with a fucking air cooler?

I fucking hate watercooling.

What's wrong with watercooling?

>pls buy intel
kys
take the damage-control back to redit

It's messy solution, noisy, and leaks while rare can and will happen.

hes implying that since its thermally throttling on an aio, an aircooler would never manage 4.3ghz

Delid!

No I'm not deliding a $1000 CPU with SMD caps millimiters away from the edge of the heatsink, even the dude that makes the deliding tool says it's risky.
All that shit, losing warranty all because Intel thought saving pennies on tootpaste is fine?

And it fucking did. Intel should have less compatibility issues if anything. But you faggots kept blah blah blah'ing about Ryzen was DOA and a few months on...here we are with Ryzen equaling or beating the very CPU's it was aimed at beating.

>$999

Say it with me

>$999

A 10 core Intel for $999 vs an 8 core Ryzen for less than $500 with only 30% better benchmarks AT BEST!

$999

Keep taking that cock up your asses Intelcucks.

20% markup is worth it for just the brand recognition though, so who's the cuck

>forgetting that X299 mobos cost $200+ and this shit requires a good AIO
>not that you can't use aircooling, but enjoy your throttling

It better be for that price.

Much cheaper though.

epic damage control. AMD fags would get destroyed about posting this sort of shit. Look at the damage control in action kek.

> don't worry guyz, updates will fix, just wait, just wait.

PSA כדי פחות הודיע, לא להיות מבולבל על ידי אינטל Skylake-X אמות מידה, הפלטפורמה החדשה היא חדשה עדכוני ה- BIOS יהיה לתקן את הביצועים, אין שום סיבה לפחד, Skylake-X היא בנוחות מראש Ryzen ו Broadwell- E בביצועים.

אם אתה מודאג לגבי צריכת החשמל, אל תהיה, כשאתה מסתכל על זה, זה רק כמה lightbulbs בשווי של כוח, חסר משמעות לחלוטין, מלכתחילה את כל צריכת החשמל מם מעולם לא היה חשוב, זה היה רק דחף סדר יום של צד שלישי בעל עניין.

מי קונה את הפלטפורמה הזאת לא יתחרט על זה, סימן את המילים שלי.

>Why would you rather have a turd?

I don't.

> I mean I am brand loyal to Intel too,

I'm not, and you have brain damage if you're "brand loyal" to anything.

>but I usually at least wait until they release something good before I try to get it.

If they're both free then I'd rather the Intel part. Top of the line ryzens can't run the software that I like to use, but since AMD started this thread then I could make do with a ryzen if I got one for free. I'll even pioneer for them.

>Top of the line ryzens can't run the software that I like to use

>Zelda Breath of the Wilds on alpha single core emulators @4k 30fps

>100° C on an AIO

WHAT? SOURCE NOW.

>Zelda Breath of the Wilds on alpha single core emulators @4k 30fps

Is this supposed to be good, or bad?

It proves him wrong

proves whom wrong?

Who is being proved wrong, and how?
I'm not following.

so this is the most expensive water boiler ever?

>However, temperatures were definitely a concern with Cinebench and Terragen pushing 100°C with our 240mm AIO liquid cooler.

*shilling intensifies*