Dickless Macfags Unite

Damn it feels good. Don't believe the memes--MacBooks are /ourlaptop/.

>I never thought I would be saying this as a long-time Windows/Linux user, fyi
It wasn't until I received it in the mail this evening, unboxed it, and experienced the MacOS/device hands-on, that I finally understood what I'd been missing as a Windows user this whole time.

Any other anons feelin' /comfy/ tonight?
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off

You fell for the Apple is bad meme OP
The laptops especially are the GOAT

Fuck off apple shill

It's unfortunately true. Have any tips for a new user?
>tfw I almost uploaded an unedited screenshot fully exposing my serial number

Try linux

But he has real work to be doing

Nobody can do anything with your serial number. I've uploaded mine here several times

They can report it stolen if they know your country

>implying a literal professional shill would be this shit at structuring sentences and be so incoherent while pushing their propaganda
nah, this is a genuine real fag that got Jewed

Top kek. Kys yourself, OP.

Use Safari when possible for browsing, it's better for the battery than other browsers.

The default dock is on the bottom like that but you can change the size and move it, imo the default takes up a lot of room and I prefer it at the side

There are a bunch of touch pad gestures, like you can scroll like a mouse wheel if you use two fingers and swipe up and down. And you can pinch or pull apart to zoom on things like a phone screen

iTunes is actually pretty decent on Mac. I used it on Windows back when I had an iPhone and it was one of the reasons I swapped on Android. So I hesitated to use it on my Mac when I got one because of how bad it was back in the day on Windows but it's actually pretty good

Only if there's also an Apple ID tied to it and they know that too and the associated password

My dick was turned into a fake vagina

its pretty evident that nobody here actually uses their mac for work

If you need to do any scripting with utf8 avoid the included python2. They compiled it with weird unicode support

The included grep egrep etc, isn't a full implementation. Be wary if porting scripts from linux

Option key + F keys takes you to the relevant preference item. (option plus brightness -> to monitors etc)

Command+option+v will cut a file rather than copying it

NTFS formatted HDDs don't work.

Use locations for each network, Its an awesome way to manage individual networks

Nearly every native application in mac has the advanced options exposed if you hold down option

It's true, MBP is the perfect shitposting machine.

oh and you can reorder and remove the system tray items by holding command

Ctrl + Alt + G will let you go to a specific folder

>The included grep egrep etc, isn't a full implementation
Yes it is. Just because it's not GNU grep and doesn't support the GNU extensions doesn't make it "not a full implementation"

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

i have the urge to buy a 27" imac. they look so nice..

Wow, the scroll gesture alone really helped me out. Pretty neat. Thanks for the tips/advice, broski. I didn't like having to reach over the arrow keys each time.

And I'm also an Android user myself... As much as I enjoy Mac OS, I really dislike iOS and 100% prefer the Android experience in contrast. I don't see myself ever switching. I might give iTunes a go later tonight to see what it's all about.

Enjoying this thing pretty well. From off to on and running applications takes 10 seconds. Best laptop I've had for $500.

Well OP said he was coming from *nix should you would assume he is familiar with GNU grep, awk etc.

Enjoy your time bomb.

You're welcome to assume that, but it still doesn't make BSD grep "not a full implementation".

If you want to convey that BSD grep doesn't support the GNU extensions, then just say that.

>CuckBook

>there are people that use a mac and don't even know how to scroll on it
What the fuck?

>there are """"""""""people""""""""""""""""" with macs

>2017 13" 256gb with touchbar
how much did you pay? is it too expensive?

The marketing is fucking working, I never had any desire to own a iphone until a couple weeks ago, my coworkers are apple fags, the OS and the "feel" of the
device is fucking cool, the screen looks brighter too for some reason, I own the a samshit s7 at the moment, the smaller shit tier non edge version, I had the screen fixed and the retard put a silver front glass on a gold s7, it looks horrible with the gold fucked up button, planning on getting the iphone 6 on Craigslist or just fuck muh shit up and get a retarded 3 year contract for what feels like nothing in monthly payments, I always looked at consumer sheep like this with repulse, but I desperately seek the approval of the people around me, is that really all that bad, the phone looks fucking cool, I feel like a kid that needs that useless toy.

I unboxed it 30-45 minutes ago, dude.. I've been mostly fiddling with the settings.

Nice blog mactoddler.

same tbqh, desu sendai.
I want one of those cute 13.3" MacBooks pros =3

You should probably just kill yourself for the betterment of mankind.

Yes, and in the settings there's a fucking video showing you how to scroll

Did you know that pressing one of your fingers down on the trackpad works like a click?

How did your father take it when you broke the news to him?

You do realize only EXTREMELY mentally ill people (i.e. homosexuals) use macs right?

it's a fucking fashion accessory disguised as a phone
you already have a phone

Are you gonna buy a showy hip holster to carry your iPhone around in? if you don't, no one will ever see it until you take it out to call someone, by which point most people would do you the honor of leaving you to your call.

I know people, especially on the Internet, like to think others are judging them for their choice of phone, but it's really completely inconsequential to most people. Nobody gives a fuck what brand of tools you use if you only have them to say "i have loads of tools", same is true of phones.

>/ourlaptop/
>>>/redd!t/

videos are for fags, I'd much rather consume information through text.

stop being a bully unnecessarily. I'm just an poor oldfag that's a lil excited, is all.
>this is my first and only blogpost, honest

>t. mactoddler

nice copypasta, jelly poorfag.

go ask your mom if she'll buy you one :^)

>current year
>8GB memory

>videos are for fags, I'd much rather consume information through text
That philosophy clearly isn't working out very well if you couldn't figure out one of the most basic functions of your computer while browsing through the application specifically designed for showing you exactly how it's done

>being so poor you think being able to afford a $1000 item makes you not poor

This is how poor mactoddlers are!

You can only get 16gb if you move up to the 15" version that starts at $2500

Fuck that. I think 8gb is plenty for a laptop. I already have 32gb in my main desktop for VMs, etc.

>Mac

I thought 8GB was enough last year when I ordered an XPS 13 but here I am bitching about it.

Coming from Windows it wasn't something apparant that I could use it like this. I think I was just fiddling one day and I touched two fingers and all of a sudden it was doing something different.

You can also use two fingers on a file or whatever and it acts as the "right click"

There's no instruction manual for people that come from Windows to tell them how to do things, there have even been cases of people buying new mouses and stuff because they can't into right click, not realizing how it all works.

>REEEE
the post
I feel like I'm being taking hostage of mentally
I only fuck really cute boy's user
You obviously don't hang out with young people, you would be surprised just how much they care, especially where I live, I don't care all that much about the opinion of others as much as I want to play with ios and see what all the fuzz is about.

>t. mactoddler

not him, but after looking up the model myself, it seems to go for $1799-1899 in general.

if I could find it for $1200-$1300 or so, I'd buy it in a heartbeat

I wouldn't fall for the iPhone meme just yet, the s7 screen is a based OLED. Wait for next year.

>mac

>continual posting of childish anti-apple images and shitposting
>thread IP counter doesn't increase

Do you not get tired of this?

Convincing argument. I for one, am swayed.
I am now a thinkchink.

Ya know, being gay probably truly IS one of the greatest gifts God gave him......he doesn't have to deal with all of the bullshit of dating/fucking women that us hetero guys do. That's probably one of the reasons he was able to become the fucking CEO of Apple. But I'm happy being straight thank you very much

more like she tried to eat it
the fucking succubus

>some autist rekt his macbook
>"m-m-mac fags on suicide watch"
Why would I care you ruined your own laptop? It's not my laptop.

/thread

This is some of the cringiest shit I've seen in a while. Whoever created this undoubtedly weighs 300 lbs. And loves wangblows and Lagdroid with all his heart

Government/corporate cocksuckers can fuck right off to Sup Forums.
>posted from corporate product

>cuckbook

BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D

Are you fucking retarded?

You can get 16GB in the 13" MBP and even the 12" MacBook these days

Do your fucking homework

Is there any other company as BLACKED as Applel?

>implying

>Mac

Are you fucking retarded?

Go to the website, dude. Times have changed.

>mac

>implying OP was asking for technical help
>implying OP wasn't rightfully gauging the recent change and elevated opinion that Sup Forumsentooman hold in regards to MacOS/MacBooks, specifically
go back to your boring-ass private tracker general thread, you dunce

>t. mactoddler

did your mum pat you on the back for reposting images for the thousandth time?

/thread

>.webm
safari can't play this

>even macfags hate macshit

How will macfags ever recover?

OP here and this actually triggered me

I want a laptop only for internet and writing text. Are there any better options than the MBA considering its battery life? And only its battery life.

The overall hardware is overpriced but looks nice. What's really great is the os. It's beautiful, functional, has tons of commercial software and is essentially unix. I'd never buy an Apple computer, however hackintosh is a great way to have a powerful pc with a great os. I still use windows exclusively for music production and occasional gaming.

>its pretty evident that nobody here actually uses their mac for work
Not everyone on Sup Forums is a code monkey.

more like:
>user accidentally broke the laptop past warranty
>can't get it fixed
>decides to troll Sup Forums for the (you)'s
>breaks laptop in half and writes a bunch of gay childish shit
>posts it
>wintoddlers & Android Pajeets eat it up, jerk off, and shit in the street, while saving each image and reposting the stale ass shit in every Apple thread

>t. mactoddler

>macshit
>battery life

Literally anything is an improvement.

Nice try

Honestly I think the overpriced talk is a meme. If you look at what you are getting for money it's usually only slightly more costly for similar products.

You can compare any Apple product to something in the same price range and I can't think of any occasion where the Apple product is a "rip off", it's usually fairly competitive in terms of value for money.

It's just that they start on the high end, there's no $100 iPhones and the like, which seems to give them the "overpriced" reputation.

Apple is consistently trash. Only gullible clueless morons or straight up brainwashed retards would actually consider any Macshit competitive.

>posts irrelevant pic

inb4
>b-b-b-but my macbuk never throttles when i update my facebook at starbux!!!11

Try Final Cut and it'll be done in half the time as the fastest laptop. The software is one of the main reasons for the price markup. I simply prefer MacOS on a portable machine (I do prefer and use Windows & GNU/Linux on my primary desktop, however)

The MacBook Pro lineup definitely serves a purpose and fulfills requirements for a large group of people where Windows doesn't/cannot.

>Final Cut
Not even Apple uses that steaming pile of shit. LMAO@URLYFE

>muh horsepower
Good goy, this is what they want you to look at. Nevermind that Apple products have some of the best SSDs, displays, trackpads, build quality not to mention the OS.

This is exactly what MS is selling it's surface memebook on.
>look we got a faster CPU and GPU than an old macbook at that price range and it looks like a macbook anyway, why buy a macbook when we got this? W-what do you mean you want to know what other parts are in it.