Vega inbound

>catalog
>ctrl f
>vega

congrats, we future now

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-air-liquid-cooled-pre-order-1800-usd/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/g/1497207312502.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE NOBOFY WILL BUY THIS FUCKING SHIT EVEN IF IT WAS 50% FASTER THAN A 1080TI

THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fucking poorfags

>wccftech
the huffington paint of tech rags

>currytech

Fuck you fucking cuck

what's wrong with wcctech???

It's aimed for some weird niche above Titan but below Quadro, with full half, single and double precision performance (no gimping like Titan XP)

Its not for children. Its for professionals.

>liquid cooled "workstation" card
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But it is performance in ARMA3 is.:??

D O A
O
A

King of rumors and Masters of hype and disinformation. I wish I had the pic related.

Probably around that of a 1080Ti? We don't know yet. It's definitely not a gamer card unless you're a hardcore AMD fan with deep pockets.

>what is liquid immersion cooling for datacenter

You must be new to this.

i.4cdn.org/g/1497207312502.png

You are aware that's not unprecedented, yes? The PowerMac G5 had a full water loop for it's CPUs.

It's not made for underage gaymers

Does xfire work with software, and does it really ha dual fp?

and ppl were blaming nvidia for being ngreedia, this is new kind of greed, 2x the price of titan.

>not for games
>not for workstations

What's it for?

>Crossfire
Depends on the game. I assume you mean games because anything GPGPU related doesn't need crossfire to use both GPUs.

Anything DX12 based will Crossfire seemlessly. Anything on a well known engine like Cryengine will work pretty well. Any dev big enough to bother, like Blizzard with Overwatch, will have implemented it. Some smaller titles like Heroes and Generals, Verdun, or Warthunder may not work at all with Crossfire (simply using one card) or work partially (both cores loaded, but graphical errors)

for benchmarks versus Titan XP(2016)

amdrones with deep pockets

Watch those minefags buy this out faster than enterprises

mining coins

Because this is in the consumer version, this is the top-tier professional. Granted a good portion of this is probably also taken advantage of the coin mining market. If AMD was smart they brand one of their GPU's coin miners edition and only put that out until the coin mining phase goes away mark the price down and put out a gaining edition. I mean let's be honest if they put out a gaining addition than it's 500 or $700 the price is the way the fuck up once the coin miners get it so why not take advantage of them anyway. AMD could sell direct through their website to consumers and only allow one sale per address, that way they could ensure MSRP on the gaining side while letting coin miners fag it up on the open market.

>this is the top-tier professional
>benched against titan and not quadro
ayyyy

Isn't the only thing that Nvidia cells in the price range of what's AMD's offering the Titan XP, the last time I looked up the price that Quattro that was basically what the Titan XP is costs $5000.

Every new graphics card, another closer step to the technological singularity.

Yeah but it gets handily beat by current Quadros and even the WX7100 in those benches. It is a Titan kind of card for early adopters mainly. I think they're probably going to pursue the "content creation" route with Vega FE like the Radeon Pro Duo. I think it's going to be a good card but too little too late for AMD (it's not really that profitable for them though). I'm pretty interested in the actual thoroughput of Vega for compute based tasks and will be interested in Vega 20 to see how they'll try to attack Volta in the GPGPU market. The thing that's different this time though is that they can cram it on Raven Ridge APUs to try and upset the big gap between dGPU/IGP memes in current laptops.

asus just did that
they even called it miner

>in those benches.
yeah, same ones that list it as 375w card

I'm looking into building a DL rig, the problem is Theano and TF are CUDA only.

AMD should invest in making a CUDA compatibility layer on top of openCL

if this were 3x-4x faster then rx480, miner would buy it

Its a fun and games, but I'm tired of waiting for the fucking consumer cards REEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm using a gtx 980 which I have to return to the guy im lending it from. He needs it again.

Arma 3 has shit optimization where a 960 will perform nearly identical to a 1080 at a miserable 45FPS. Your CPU influences things more. Online servers force you at 30 FPS anyway.

workstation

you fags don't work, so of course you have no use for such an advanced piece of equipment

>too expensive for gamers
>not enough performance for workstations

Seriously what's AMD's goal here? Target a middle ground that doesn't exist?

What are you talking about? Workstation GPUs go from $200 to $7000

>the titans don't exist

>not enough performance for workstations
are there any actual benchmarks?

p4000 is 900$ and it shits on Vega FE.

The latest quadro is nowhere near titan xp in fact its specced higher than the units in tesla p100s

radeon instinct promising

Spice must flow

This isn't even the consumer version, right?

The P4000 gets shit on by a Fury X. Don't be such a flaming faggot.