Will this singlehandedly save sound cards lads?

will this singlehandedly save sound cards lads?

>Rgb

Delet this

get a fucking xonar and fuck off
Otherwise get some decent USB DAC and fuck off more

>another RGB peripheral

no

what's wrong with the sound cards?

placebo

They aren't external.

Most are shit compared to externals. There are basically 2 exceptions to this rule, Xonar STX, which is overpriced as shit and has shit drivers, and AIM sc808, which is a hidden gem of sound cards that no one on Sup Forums have ever heard about.

Literally an ad

the last gaming soundcard worth buying was the Aureal Vortex, prove me wrong
>protip: you can't

Sound card newfag here
What makes external sound cards better? I was looking at xonar u7 or xonar dsx pcie.

>gaming soundcard

Do you have any experience with the Aim sc808?

Much less potential interference on the external ones, therefore better and more clear sound output.

Creative Labs is so fucking gay.

Yes, I have it. Top tier shit, easily worth $50 more than it is sold for. It's much better than fulla2 shilled all the time here. Incidentally AIM did not cover any of their component's branding so you can actually check out what they used just by taking off cover, and it's all top tier components. This include nichicon capacitors and very good wolfson amp. But actually the biggest thing about this card is the ability to change op amps to whatever you want to use, it's actually very recommended since stock ones are shit.
The downside is you have to use up PCI slot for it, so not for laptops, you don't have volume knob and drivers are windows only and god knows if they will ever get updated. On a bright side drivers are actually good. Other than that some people apparently have problems with card fucking up after suspends (never happened to me). Also main card doesn't even have mic out, only 2x RCA and 1x 6,3 Jack, you get other ports by attaching second side card, which is complete shit and it's mic out quality is garbage. Doesn't matter for me since I use USB mic but for some people it might I guess.

Ability to use with laptops and operating systems other than windows. The fact that external cards are plug and play and will always "just werk". Top tier DAC/AMPs are external only. External cards are not affected by interferences caused by other PC components that internal soundcards get affected by. That's also why there is shielding on all "better" soundcards. Also big portion of soundcards is simply shit, oftentimes branded for gaymers.

Asus can't into drivers, DO NOT GET A XONAR

99% of PC users don't need anything beyond what a standard HDA codec offers.
Of those few who do, the majority are DJs, sound techs and wannabe composers who use laptops with external sound interfaces.

>usb dac
Enjoy your jitter.

USB DACs don't suffer from jitter any more than built-in DACs do.
They have a higher chance of frame drops if the PC is overloaded compared to PCI DACs, but that ceased to be a problem ages ago.

This. Asus can't into drivers or firmware of any kind. Not even their motherboards.

Don't buy Asus unless it's years old, and even then.

werks on my machine

Doesn't async solve that?

Thanks user.

>molex power connector

"Pro Gaming"

wow people still use PCIe soundcards what the fuck
At least this RGB gaymen crap never made it into the actual audio market

Yes, it will. I can't speak for the quality as I've never owned any kind of dedicated sound card but it says gaming on it, which means Sup Forums will buy it by the thousands.

them LEDs gotta shine bright

>soundcards

>Creative Labs advertised the Audigy as a 24-bit sound card, a controversial marketing claim for a product that did not support end-to-end playback of 24-bit/96 kHz audio streams. The Audigy and Live shared a similar architectural limitation: the audio transport (DMA engine) was fixed to 16-bit sample precision at 48 kHz. So despite its 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution DACs, the Audigy's DSP could only process 16-bit/48 kHz audio sources. This fact was not immediately obvious in Creative's literature, and was difficult to ascertain even upon examination of the Audigy's spec sheets. (A resulting class-action settlement with Creative later awarded US customers a 35% discount on Creative products, up to a maximum discount of $65.)

>Buying from this lying Singaporean company

What is this and why i should care? I have Xonar D1.

>Implying 24-bit matters at all

Wait, won't this RGB LED shit introduce even MORE interference inside the card?
I remember my cousin's old ASUS PCI sound card got a bit of static if we turned on his LED lamp next to his side fan grille

Do I need a DAC to hear the .flac difference?

what gender?

Male

post more

idk OP are they contributing upstream with their drivers?

>Wasting an expansion slot and ruining your airflow for a worse product than an external DAC
Sound cards died for a reason.

While you're not wrong, it's not a reason not to buy a Xonar. They make standalone custom drivers for Xonar.

This thread reads like a spergfest.

>What makes external sound cards better?
Much better components for less money.
They're external so they don't get interference from all the PC components.
They're universal and work with everything, even your phone.

Cartoon (fictional)

Works just fine on Linux, no need to install drivers.

another person using an AIM, wow. Add here I thought I'm alone in this.

get a $30 DAC, retards.
Most of them outperform $200 PCIe sound cards. They are literally a fucking scam.

Is there a point to the soundcard when the OS mixes everything in software already, and I can just do bit-exact output of that via HDMI to an external amp?

more sound cards need to be made, on board sound is and always will be trash

i hope my current one never dies

>not using external
Fucking retard

What else do I connect my ham radio to?

Soundcards specialize in DSP, my processor is a lot worse at it.

Why all the Asus Xonar hate?
I've had my Xonar DS for the past 7 years and its been in 3 different computers with no problems.
Sure as fuck beats integrated sound no matter how much it has "improved."

not even going to consider falling for that meme until my current sound card dies

>external is a meme
>despite being magnitudes better, cheaper, and more customizability

>It's a meme because I don't understand it and don't like it

i enjoy my asus xonar xense