Windows 10 is bloat-

Win7fags need to check their Windows folder ASAP.

Other urls found in this thread:

homedev.com.au/Free/PatchCleaner
88.198.36.104/Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB/English/x64/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/
bobpony.org/download/Windows Lite/Win10Litex64.iso
network.bobpony.org/files/file/32-32-bit-apps-support-for-windows-10-extreme-lite-x64/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

T-that's not possible!

On clean install, both W7 and W10 use less than 10GB total disk space. And W7 uses about 1GB less than W10.

t. installed both dozens of times

How, (OP here) I just clean installed 7 on the VM and was surprised at the results. Pic on left is my win10 install. What image for 7 did you use?

W7 Ultimate 64bit with SP1

pic related is a clean install plus Office 2016 and some smaller stuff

HOW. No special minimal iso or anything?

No. I might have turned off some Windows features, but that's it.
Try to install it on a 10GB partition, you'll see it will work. (at least W7 will, not sure about 10)

it has to do with block size differences in the filesystem

>more than 10 gibbybytes for OS
B L O A T E D

Hardlinks, dummies

Thank you for shilling; come again later.

Uhm.. Guys?

137k files 22k folders

Y U NEED SO MANY WINDOES?

>macOS Sierra
>4.8 GB
>FOUR POINT EIGHT GIGABYTES

How will VinDOS 10 and Loonex users ever recover?

>Created : Tuesday 14/07/2009, 05:20:08

hum... guys?

please tell me this is just ubuntu memeing me

I put this pc together in April 2016

A full install of Debian still fits on a CD.

>size on disk
>while real size has 800MB of difference
nice fucking scam you nigger

The main point is performance per MB of installation space taken. Nobody can claim that macOS is not an order of magnitude more advanced and nicer to use than Debian.

Does anyone know why the dates are the exact same?
Is this some next level botnet wizardry?

Sweet Christmas

Looks good. Wish I can go below 5GB

what windows 10 is that?

If you're comparing w7 ultimate to w10 home/pro you're a fucking retard

Windows 7 is inferior to 10 in every way now. Even with all the bloat in 10, somehow 7 takes up WAY more space. It's sad really.

Op here, windows 10 LTSB aka no bloat and fresh install of 7 ultimate WITH all extra languages removed

Mine is almost 40 gigabytes. How do I fix this?

Uhhh...
Guys?

[spoiler]jk, I know why[/spoiler]

install gentoo

Install Windows 10 LTSB immediately.

>muh pretty OS
OSfags need to leave Sup Forums and go back to tumblr

you know what's common in these pictures?
the creation date
all you fucking losers installed windows at night or dawn because you have no lives
jesus christ
are there any non-autists here in this thread? on this board?

Creation date isn't an indication of installation.

size on disk is real size faggot, that's why it's ON DISK

its not correct

OP here, just got it down even more. Problem 7fags?

Nigga are you stupid?

I bet your winsxs folder is huge

explain?

not bad not bad

bloatfags BTFO

¿2000?

Win2k's sysfolder is WINNT if I remember right, that looks like ME. No security tab, etc.

>9GB
How? Can't make it past 12.

not sure either
did a clean install on my new-ish laptop today
try deleting app packages you don't need

nice job op you exposed all the windows fags

>Implying Linux is any better

I've tried Linux so many times and keep going back to windows. Why? Because Linux doesn't break when I make one minor change to my system. Because Linux doesn't have a built-in recovery and repair system. Because Linux can't install programs to another HDD. The list goes on...

6y old install, seen some shit

But Win 7 doesn't have an obnoxious tablet ui.

OP reveal this witchcraft ITT

Guys... I swear I'm not making this shit up. Was curious how I compared to the folders that were posted.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? Does Windows install games in this folder? I don't even play games!

I'm going through these folders trying to find the files that are taking up this much fucking room. I only have a 256gb ssd and I'm constantly battling for room to install a new program.

I'm beyond pissed about this shit. Surely this is something I've done unknowingly. Microsoft couldn't have put this much shit in my windows folder RIGHT?

They won't let me in this folder??? I'm the only user of this computer. I built the fucking thing and bought the OS.

>08/2013

How big is your /Windows/WinSxS folder? It can grow quite big over time if you don't clean it up.

Forgot the pic

How do I clean it up?

Bois, homedev.com.au/Free/PatchCleaner

Used it, free'd ~30GB

I can access that folder just fine, you need to give yourself read access as the dialog explains.

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Isn't Size on Disk usually supposed to be larger than Size? Because Size on Disk is used clusters while Size is just a summation of all file sizes.

Is it adding decompressed contents of zip files to the total?

>I'm the only user of this computer
You aren't the only user on the computer though. You're not even the highest ranked.
You can take ownership though.

Cleaned it up and got a few gigs back.

How do I take ownership?

TY all for the help. You can tell that I'm a complete retard on the software side of things.

What did they mean by this?

>How do I take ownership?
Purge it and install BSD

Looks as though that specific subfolder contains the bloat bloating the Windows folder.

I wouldn't take ownership of the folder, just giving yourself access rights should work. Try "icacls C:/Windows/PLA/Reports /grant username:F"

That's nothing, kid.

yfw windows folder is filled with redundant old versions of driver installers

It won't let me delete shit in this Windows folder and it won't let me change the permissions, how the fuck do you winfags deal with this shit? I'm fucking admin, on my Gentoo I can sudo rm whatever the fuck I want. Fuck I'm glad this is just a fucking shitty Vm.

If you can't figure out how to delete protected files you shouldn't be doing in the first place retard...

homedev.com.au/Free/PatchCleaner

works on my machine, sounds like you're too stupid for windows

of course you can't, retards not allowed to even open system folders

The CREATION date of a file is the same. And it should be. It literally means the date a file is created. If the file isn't updated between OS versions then of course it will remain the same.
Example, I make a file and archive it into 7z. Anyone in future who unpacks it will see today's date, not date of extraction. That's pretty much how systems are installed, their files are decompressed from the USB/DVD.

bloat

>Current dimension of year 2017
>Even SSDs are .25$ per GB now
>My Windows folder accumulating a few dozen GB over the span of multiple years is a huge problem

The fuck is C:¥
and juulip 10.-at

What did you expect from a windows ricer.

What a fucking retard, how can someone work with that shit WM and font?

>just throw more hardware at it XD
epic, truly epic

Weebfags set the Windows language to Japanese which results in \ being ¥.

rude

Can't play H games without Jap locale

If I were given a choice between that shitard NanoOS and your Icon bloated desktop, I'd have chosen the latter.

There are more important problems in modern software.

don't reply to my posts, bitch ass nigga

>wimamp
>overfag

Windows 10 LTSB fresh install, using MSMG to remove bloat.

88.198.36.104/Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB/English/x64/

No fucking way you have a 5GB win10 install.

This seems like a good thread to ask.
How can one make a custom installation of windows? I basically want to do something like Tiny7, except with windows 10. Basically removing unnecessary services (especially telemetry), bloat files and the windows one drive and defender from windows enterprise ltsb installation itself, as in removing this shit from the .iso file without breaking the installer.
Is this even possible with windows 10? How did the guy who made Tiny7 and MicroXP do it?

>Winamp
>Underage

Newfag

Give me a good drop service and I'll hook ya up. But I do have 1 question: do you play gaymes? Cause if yes, windows 10 will take up 13GB. Otherwise, it will be below 10GB.

Look up MSMG. There's a leddit post about it
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/

>tfw winsxs is 7.2GB
>dism cleanum didn't free a byte
win8.1, I knew I shouldn't have installed it back in 2015

Good observation. Its around 5GB install size.

Trimmed down to remove all bloat.

OP here, tell me your secrets. What ISO do you use? All bloat for me is gone as well and I cannot break 10GB let alone half that.

Were you in the other Sup Forums post about windows modded isos?

I'll look into this. Thanks.

bobpony.org/download/Windows Lite/Win10Litex64.iso
+
network.bobpony.org/files/file/32-32-bit-apps-support-for-windows-10-extreme-lite-x64/
+