What is up with the large trackpad? I don't get it. Is this really something people wanted?

What is up with the large trackpad? I don't get it. Is this really something people wanted?

i cant imagine that not being a nuisance

apparently some people like it for scrubbing/zooming to retarded levels. Mine is arriving in 1 week and I'll return if the thing is a nuisance

I'd rather have a slightly larger keyboard too.

>tiny cramped keyboard
>huge obstructive trackpad

Well, they know their audience; nobody is doing WORK on that thing, it's for showing off your black and white photos in starbucks.

Please let us know. It's comically big. You'll definitely rest your palms on it while typing so I hope the palm rejection is good.

It's fucking awesome for gestures and it's a lot more precise for Retina screens. It's not a nuisance at all... palm rejection works perfectly.

I had a 2012 15" and comparing it to the new one I don't think I will be annoyed by it (I hover type a lot). But I have heard that palm rejection sucks and that it doesn't so who knows, maybe it will be impossible to use.

Linux sucks at palm rejection.

some ad HOMinem innuendo to be using body members for more surface and better feel

Fuck off back to chinkland with your shitty 16:9 thinklet

Only thing I really hate about macbooks is the price, the dumb gimmicks they force on it and the discrete gpus

Dumb gimmicks? Force touch was kinda silly but getting the haptic press anywhere trackpad out of it was beyond worth it. The touchbar could be cool as fuck if it became a standard thing. What else?

I mind the touchbar, it doesn't feel nice to press when literally everything else provides haptic feedback these days, I also think it has taken forever for developers to adopt it (electron just added support for it). Maybe it has a future, but its not a plus in my book at least for now.

I have one. never has my palms activated the trackpad. it's like apples palm rejection in it is perfect. also the size is so comfy I actually refuse to use my mouse over it when I'm at home at my desk. not bait. actual truth.

>tfw no laptop with the strength and elegance of the MacBook Pro but with a removable battery, serviceability, upgradeability, and non-chiclet keyboard, and a trackpoint with no touchpad

If you drop no trackpad bullshit that doesn't exist, you described the standard X series Thinkpads...elegant if you find functional design elegant. It's not for everyone.

By strength you mean its power to throttle everything?

>doesn't have the touch bar
>screen looks matte
Wtf?

Edward Penishands must be elated

Ask me anything

it feels pretty good actually but the keyboard is so unbeliavebly bad it ruins this entire notebook.

>shitty terminal
>Mac
Have you gotten your AIDS diagnoses yet?

How do you move your cursor correctly with a 3*4cm touchpad ?

Was a larger trackpad really an improvement? How do you like the keyboard?

just got it last night, haven't had time to rice it yet
>2016+1
>not being a bug chaser and allowing 10 men with AIDs ejaculate into your freshly nicked rectum

Don't question it! it's a brave decision.

Should I but it?
Seriously I am thinking about going mac, I need a system with music production software(Logic seems perfect) and because of this other unix based systems aren't for me.
Right now I am using win10 and it's a fucking disaster like wtf is even microsoft doing.
No real terminal,shitty filesystem, shitty stability, my disc got broken two times and telemetry wtf.

It feels far less cramped imo, I enjoy the extra freedom. I'm not crazy about the keyboard, I'd say it's comparable to last years. Overall it's a beautiful laptop.

Go for it if you got the $$$. It's a neat experience coming from windows.

>tiny cramped keyboard
>dumb fuck cannot into perspective

How is a standard full sized keyboard cramped?