How do I become a cool hacker? (I use unity. Will use gnome when 18.04 will be released)

How do I become a cool hacker? (I use unity. Will use gnome when 18.04 will be released)

Other urls found in this thread:

leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=iPuIaxv8kug
staroceans.org/kernel-and-driver/Assembly Language Step-By-Step - Programming with Linux, 3rd edition (Wiley, 2009, 0470497025).pdf
linux-tutorial.info/modules.php?name=MContent&pageid=224
linuxcommand.org/learning_the_shell.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn to program and install gentoo.

>not using opensuse tumbleweed, kali, and tails.

Commit a suicide.

Start here

leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=iPuIaxv8kug

staroceans.org/kernel-and-driver/Assembly Language Step-By-Step - Programming with Linux, 3rd edition (Wiley, 2009, 0470497025).pdf

>As to methods, there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods by ignoring principles is sure to have trouble.

Unironically this.

Programming skills are kinda advanced though, learn bash scripting first. Installing gentoo will give you an idea of what operating systems are about.

I find windows more comfortable for hacking

no
commit TWO suicides

>tfw that hoodie was custom made and I'll never find one quite like it

it's just a black hoodie, nigger

hacking is just looking for vulnerabilities so it's actually extremely boring

or social engineering

wrong: "how to hack with x"
right: "x tutorial"

the ability to manipulate something should come as a side effect of knowing that thing well.

Programming for hacking? You should better learn networking first

OP here,
I have a CCNP. Am I a hacker now?

learn linux linux-tutorial.info/modules.php?name=MContent&pageid=224

learn your shell linuxcommand.org/learning_the_shell.php

learn socks vpn tor ssh networking, wifi cracking. know your tools like antidetect browser, whonix os, tails, agent spoofing, gpg encryption, pidgin + OTR, irc protocols

get a fucking wifi directional antenna. use kali linux or whatever the fuck you want to crack and use someone elses wifi networks. change mac addresses and shit. dispose of your network card afterwards. use powerful disk encryption. protect your ass before doing anything.

learn your databases. do sql injection like a professional kid

learn python. if you think that by learning programming you torture yourself with syntax rules YOU ARE WRONG. you learn programming IN ORDER TO FUCKING HELP YOURSELF AND SAVE TIME. i bet 5 lines of code could automate your 500 daily click-click-click

learn social engineering. people are very non-creative when making new passwords

learn virtualization and sandboxing

know what hash cracking is

know what reverse engineering is

learn phishing, email spoofing etc. know how to impersonate somebody perfectly. social media is a big fucking business.

cybersecurity companies have their own protocols. they have nice to-do checklists when pentesting their clients

know your firewalls, port scanning, ddos attacks are just business. read your chinese CCTV dvr manuals. you'd be surprised to find how many people leave default passwords on their networked devices.

open your eyes
LOOK
easy targets. prey on people who don't do updates (wannacry lel)
be patient
look for inspiration

learn compiled languages. learn code obfuscation

read fucking case studies. find how brilliant people distribute their malware

look for a specialization
what kind of mischief would you like to do

credit cards? databases? web applications? malware engineering? field work?
or would you just like to show off? then fuck off

I think it was more simple over a decade ago, but there are many methods and ways. I only did once, and it was the hard way (that will be even harder now).
1. Learned C, a bit of asm x86 32-bit
2. Went to phrack org and read AlphaOne's buffer overflow tutorial and learned how to exploit it and write my own shellcode (the site, if it's still up, should have a lot of great info)
3. Wanted to hack a certain game server
4. Found a buffer overflow exploit in Q2 server
5. Installed the same linux server at home as target and Q2 server
6. Wrote a remote exploit
7. Launched the attack on target, it failed. Luckily, the server was set to auto restart. Then just bruteforced the return address manually a bit and voila. Also luckily, the admin ran the Q2 server as root.

Fun times. Steps 1-2 took I think the whole summer (was 16). The rest about a month or 1.5. While it was very satisfying, it took great effort, and I didn't continue this hobby.

>Will use gnome
I'm actually on KDE myself.

best way is to just fuck with your friends that's a good way to do it and still have fun, (learning like 3 languages before doing anything will be boring af)

I know that desktops supposed to be better but you know what they say about old habits... They die hard...

Shut up

That's why you'll never be a cool hacker

this, also take a look at syngress's books, they have a lot of tech/non tehc books about hacking

you got it backwards but, he should learn some C and php, then he can move towards networking, databases, etc

most cringey and geekiest line in the show.

Start with familiarising yourself with Linux and all things open source. Learn to program and write scripts. Learn from your mistakes, take classes and understand why some routines are more vulnerable to exploitation than others. Enroll in pentest assignments and study for your OSCP. I missed some steps but in five years time you should be able to become that 1337 hacker you wanna be.

Hacking means getting things to do what you want. Learn to code, solder, use a rotary tool like a dremel and you are more or less set.

For coolness also learn metalworking, machining and welding.

Also grow a long beard.

How do I get into biohacking? Do I start with Wim Hof?