Hackintosh general /osx86/

Are you running OSX/macOS on a non-apple machine Sup Forums? How's everything going so far?
Also, some tips for beginners:
>discord: discord.gg/u8V7N5C
>insanely mac: insanelymac.com/forum/
>tonymac (use it if you need references for building a hackintosh) tonymacx86.com/
>how to install Sierra: youtube.com/watch?v=IULkDIO0f0I
>WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID Tonymac:
insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/
basically: tonymac software uses outdated kexts, clover, methods, patches; they install them in awful legacy locations; they install too many of them; they're closed-source, hide everything from you, mess with local system directories/files, make troubleshooting a nightmare, and don't credit the real devs, they steal kexts to the point where in most beast installs you can get a message telling you to not support tmac in the boot log.
>how to use the discord properly:
after waiting 10 minutes to become a member type "$links" to get a full list of available sources than type "$link ", if you want something else try asking someone online.
>why macOS instead of linux?
-best of both worlds (proper third party support)
-simpler experience
-compatibility with *nix applications
-developing iOS apps
-Safari
-macOS built in applications
-reasonably secure

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/hackintosh/
reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/
hackintosh.com/#hackintosh_communities
youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6BFEAtlT5xc
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271330908328558593/324687596879872000/Clover_v2.4k_r4089.pkg
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271330908328558593/321379880459829248/macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg
hwsensors.com/releases
macarchive.download/Mac OS X/10.12.4/Final Release/Install macOS Sierra.zip
macarchive.download/Mac OS X/10.12.3/Final Release/Install macOS Sierra.zip
fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html
apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/)
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX10103.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

owo

Yes, 10.12.5 on my Thinkpad T420.

Everything but the SD card reader just werks, even the docking station and the expresscard slot work.

owo

Some extra links I forgot:
reddit.com/r/hackintosh/
One of the best guides for a vanilla install out there: reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/
Links for other websites:
hackintosh.com/#hackintosh_communities

Which WiFi card are you using?

t. degenerate footlicker
youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

Dell DW1510

>t. mactoddler

>its this 1 pajeet who doesn't understand anything on the board but sees an Apple logo and gets angry

How the fuck isn't Rajesh banned already?

I have an X230 and an X220, which is better for Hackintosh?

drops some dmg or isos

I just did the same last week, waiting for an atheros card to come in for wifi to work, otherwise same thing for me, everything so far works just fine.

x220

How to get macOS working on Virtualbox:
youtube.com/watch?v=6BFEAtlT5xc
clover:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271330908328558593/324687596879872000/Clover_v2.4k_r4089.pkg
developer beta .dmg for macOS sierra:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271330908328558593/321379880459829248/macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg
fakeSMC (get the kext file):
hwsensors.com/releases
Sierra download:
10.12.4: macarchive.download/Mac OS X/10.12.4/Final Release/Install macOS Sierra.zip
10.12.3: macarchive.download/Mac OS X/10.12.3/Final Release/Install macOS Sierra.zip

at least make some original content guys, you're not even trying at this point, just open gimp or something

Anyone has installed OSX on a Thinkpad T40?

How difficult is?

>fagOS

Why do you keep replying to yourself OP?

*I mean, T420

Wut?

nice reblog Pajeet :^)

0w0

>no OpenGL 4.5
>no Vulkan
No thanks.

OwO

I hope you die soon.

wow why :(

actually, pretty accurate

yes second post

I noticed some people saying on here before that they were having trouble getting iMessage working, I found this blog post a while back and it worked flawlessly:

fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html

It's really easy now with Clover - It used to work with Chimera, but eventually it stopped working.

/thread

>just go through all this bullshit to get a shitty broken messaging service that loses half your messages

Mactoddlerism.

Yea but it's only a one time thing!!!

>Are you running OSX/macOS on a non-apple machine Sup Forums? How's everything going so far?

Running Sierra vanilla install on x5650 @ 4.1 GHz, p6x58d-e, 1060. CPU PM works, HDMI audio works, even Filevault 2 works. Very happy with macOS. The only thing I didn't bother trying is Sleep due to CPU OC. And there are small glitches, like iBooks app and XCode Instruments being transparent and unusable. This is due to NVidia's web driver and/or Apple. Hopefully, it will be fixed, and XCode Instruments can be fixed with a cmd line, so no deal breakers so far.

Took a few days to iron out things on my oldish hardware, but it was worth it.

>t. mactoddler

t. Rajesh :^)
>implying you have to use imessage and facetime
rofl how delusional

Screw you I'm going to go poop now.

>tfw the Sup Forums invasion is real
what have I done i should've kept the discord out of this

Hackintoshing an X230 possible?

Can I install Mac OS on the Razer Blade Stealth (2016)?

I only have experience with the *20 models but i don't see why not.

Is getting USB 3.0 working still a pain in the ass? Did Z97 with El Capitan but sold that board recently. USB 3.0 was the only thing I couldn't get working unless I used that Inateck PCI-e card.

owo

>t. mactoddler

??

You'd be more accurate saying wintoddler. I don't own any Apple products. At least get your insults right.

>t. mactoddler

>Sup Forums
>Not an LED vibrating Dragon dildo
sheeez

I don't think so, but I'd recommend a gigabyte motherboard for building hackintosh machines.

>fagintosh

nuh uh you're not getting this (You)

It was a Gigabyte board. IIRC they changed the way USB was mapped in El Capitan so it effected all boards.

>t. mactoddler

I have a SUPER shitty netbook(Acer One 522. C-50 APU, 4gb or ram, ati hd6250[i think] gpu)
Is it worth the effort of turning it into a hackintosh? It would just do menial daily shit, and its more about trying it out(then moving on with a more modern netbook)

If its a total waste, or outright not compatible, i'll obviously skip it.

Well, I saw someone some years ago who was able to install OSX Lion on a fucking ASUS EEEPC 4G so... I would try, but only older versions of OSX.

My USB 3.0 ports work in hackintosh without any tweaks.

Is there are way to get iMessage and facetime working in a VM? I heard you need a serial number for those in which case installing this would be a waste.

>t. mactoddler

I'm pretty sure you can but personally I'd just install sierra on another drive and fix iMessage.
Also, if you need to test some drivers for a USB device just passtrough it to the VM and install kexts/the driver provided by the manufacturer to see if it works.

I still can't fix iMessages, do I need to use new account to get it working?

>just go through all this bullshit to get a shitty broken messaging service that loses half your messages

Mactoddlerism.

>60954377
You're so dedicated to shitpost in this thread, user.

Stop it.

You can only post below me if you have 10.13 on apfs...

I can understand him, being gay opens many doors nowadays, unlike being straigh white male.. you might off yourself right away or create your own job opportunity.

>or create your own job opportunity
It's what straight white males have been doing for all of recorded history, no different now.

What about license?

>HFS 2.0

It's been free for a while.

I don't mind if people are proud of being genocidal conquerors, so long as they don't lie about it. Yes, as a white person I belong to a race of exploiters and destroyers, but we're better at it than you are.

The chinese have the same kind of repression and industrial servitiudal nature but they don't quite have the lust for destroying others that we do.

w-why

>license
>free

There hasn't been a license fee for a while dude.

>worse than linux for developing software
>worse than windows for playing video games
>photoshop / DAW / other artsy bullshit software also works on windows
osx is garbage
the only point in owning a mac is signaling how you can afford one

>worse than linux for developing software
lie. it's as good if not better
>photoshop / DAW / other artsy bullshit software also works on windows
wrong. while windows can be alright for that there are still a lot of mac-only applications.

also what if you want to program and use photoshop at the same time?

How could you ever come to the conclusion it's worse for developing software than any other *nix system, especially Linux. Xcode is fantastic btw
t. Windows user

i can see a visible improvement in performance compared to hfs

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
B. Mac App Store License. If you obtained a license for the Apple Software from the Mac App Store, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License and as permitted by the Mac App Store Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/) (“Usage Rules”), you are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:
(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Lion or OS X Snow Leopard (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control;

H. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Pretty good, reminds me of SUN selling Solaris with their machines.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

Are you illiterate? no one here is talking about buying actual Apple hardware, this is a hackintosh, you can install macOS/OSX on a fucking 100$ trownaway PC from a school sale or a cheap ass intel NUC.

why would i want to run proprietary software on my devices?

Has anyone been able to run macOS with R9 290X and dual monitor successfully?

Why the fuck would anyone want to mangle a perfectly good computer with such a shitty OS? Are they too poor?

>the most useful *nix system
>shitty OS
lmao look at this kid

Just got an answer from a guy using a 290x on sierra and he said it works fine, he's using both cables coming from his video card I/O.

is hackintosh legal?

who gives a shit

Why not just buy a Macbook? Arguiably, the best part about Apple machines is their hardware (accurate trackpad, tactile keyboard, retina display, etc).

Not baiting or trolling, I am serious.

it's a good way to try out the OS without having to buy one, and for desktop use a self-built PC is better than any current iMac

No real upgradeability and the pricing isn't worth it.

These are fair responses

Well hackintosh is the best option than buying iMac, but I agree about the part to buy MacBook instead hackintosh it on laptop.

reminder hackintosh is a copyright infringement and DMCA, and that their EULA is an enfoceable contract.

images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX10103.pdf

in particular, Part 2, section I:

I. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. Except as otherwise permitted by the terms of this License or otherwise licensed by Apple: (i) only one user may use the Apple Software at a time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be run or used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software.

>install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

have fun in the pokey!

Funny how people bring this up every time on hackintosh threads even though nobody gives a crap if someone pirates a copy of Windows or Redhat, not only that but Sup Forums even influences people to do so.

It's not copyright infringement. Their DMCA means they can just terminate the contract with you. Furthermore in the developed world (not usa) personal usage of copyrighted product does not count as infringement

Apple won't cares if you use it for your self, the matter is if you use it to sell non-apple hackintosh PC built or laptop.
That license is to protect macOS so other companies won't make non-apple macOS PC built or laptop.

>fagintosh
>useful

lmao

let me guess you also live in a shithole where data caps are a thing and you go to jail for using a torrent client? lmao

>the best part about Apple machines