Heya Sup Forums

Heya Sup Forums
I'm going to college and have $1500-$1700 ish to buy a laptop that'll last until I make enough money to buy my own shit. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T560/p/20FHCTO1WWENUS1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buy a MacBook Pro with Retina display.

I beg of u

I thought about that but not really seriously. I'll consider

nothing better than a macbook pro if you are being 100% unbiased

easy
lenovo t460p or t470p
quad core i7
dedicated gpu
up to 32gb of ram

I was worried about the soddered memory and the difficulties upgrading it. I need to keep it for 4+ years man

Surface 4 pro.

But at that point why not a dell xps 15?

Buy a T or P series Thinkpad, used. You'll need the rest of the money for beer and weed.

Refurbished or just used?

What classes are you taking? what will you be using the laptop for? What kind of battery life are you expecting?

Get a used thinkpad and spend the rest on a custom desktop.

>soddered
the macbook will be perfect for you

I'm doing either mechanical engineering or something in software, and battery life doesn't factor a ton unless it's hummingbird short.

Thinkpad P series or Macbook Pro. The rest is shit for work.

Depends a bit on the exact prices and models you're looking at. Generally you'll probably want refurb for the really old models if the price is right or if the used ones are too beat up. Otherwise just get one that's used.

Lenovo Y520 or Razer Blade

Thinkpad T61 is the best machine, honestly. Good resolution and pretty much everything is upgradeable.

probably couldn't load the Sup Forums catalog without freezing.

>people actually recomending the macbook pro

what happend to this board

XPS 15
No question.

diversity and summer

Runs Abaqus, Matlab, Solidworks and some CFD softwares developped by the company I work for without twitching.
Also it's light, good looking, has a good battery life and everything beside CPU and GPU can be changed.

you will wake up one day and realize apple makes the greatest products in the world

>apple makes the greatest products in the world

you have serious mental problems if you truly believe that

kill yourself. you'll save thousands

>wahh someone has a differing opinion than me they must be stoopid :(((((
Spotted the edgy 12yo

Watch some Louis Rossmann videos.

>let's be retarded, the movie

do you really want me to talk about why apple is the shittiest company now in the market?

>Can't distinguish facts from opinions
wew lad

is there another electronics company in the top 10 biggest companies in the world?

Hopefully you won't wake up one day
Sooner rather than later I pray.

Dell XPS

>I plug my ears, close my eyes and scream anytime evidence is presented to me as to why apple is shit (which happens in hundreds of threads every day), therefor apple isn't shit and you're just a meanie poopie head if you tell me otherwise!

It's true that Apple is great. But that's only in terms of volume.

Popularity is not equivalent to quality.

>Can't distinguish facts from opinions

more like
>i can't stand people that tries to fuck with the brand that i love and also i'm a faggot because i care more about social status other that spending money in a good product

corrected that for you

idk what do you mean by saying this...

Get something like an elitebook for cheap and then dpend the rest on a decent desktop (self built obviously)
Laptop for work and web on the go, desktop for cozy work and web at home, and then you can actually game
Then when your laptop inevitably shits out you just buy another cheap one. I would never want to spend so much on a laptop knowing it will either die or go obsolete within 5 years

As an aside, consider the fact that laptops are _really_ bad for ergonomics. You should think carefully about whether you'll really want to keep a laptop as your main PC.

Fuck why didn't I think of that

I would love to do that, but it can't be obvious to my parents that I'm trying to game. It needs to be a laptop with good enough gaming chops for running the next 4 years on low settings above 20fps.

edgy

used workstation thinkpad + external GPU

Mac books last for longer than that. I have a MacBook retina rn, 3years no problems so far.
Maybe get a non-touch bar.

Thinkpad T560 www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T560/p/20FHCTO1WWENUS1

300x $50 craigslist chromebooks

> do you really want me to talk about why apple is the shittiest company now in the market?
I do.

Buy a Chromebook or Thinkpad and install some Linux distro

Fpwp

He only has $1500-$1700 ish to buy a laptop, he shouldn't be buying an overpriced piece of shit

Americans suck so hard at pronounciation that they start to spell the word wrong

If last longer you mean turn into a smoldering piece of shit or Facebook machine that'll throttle at a keystroke

>>>/fag/

>>>/halffag/

>edgy

you are admitting to be a faggot as i said then?

thinkpad make u cooler lole

>overpriced products
>lack of features
>shit software

do you want more or i can stop here?

apple is only full of jews that want your money

don't buy things from them

>also planned obsolescence to make you spend more money