WHY WOULD THEY GET RID OF THE DOWNLOAD SIZE INFO. FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE DOES THIS SERVE

WHY WOULD THEY GET RID OF THE DOWNLOAD SIZE INFO. FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE DOES THIS SERVE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1345661
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

comcast doesnt want you knowing how fast you hit their data cap so they can charge you an extra 50 dollars

The diversity hire at mozilla couldn't understand the portion of code she was supposed to maintain so she deleted it.
It's probably 10x more verbose now, while doing less.

Seriously though, the old function was probably doing a bunch of global variable pointer hackjob shit just to introduce the array of file system inodes into the downloaded files list.

Is there anything else in the firefox menu that actually requires knowledge of the filesize of recently downloaded objects along with it's origin URL and date of download?

I dunno but it kinda pisses me off. Knowing the dates and sizes is actually useful for me because sometimes I want to find something I downloaded on a certain date, or like pic related sometimes I'll download a bunch of files with letter/number names but I'll remember "ok x was 5mb" and so on.

Removing shit like this is why mozilla is losing more and more market share.

Really miffed they removed this since now I won't know if the full file has been downloaded, or an 8kb thumbnail has downloaded instead.

>The diversity hire at mozilla couldn't understand the portion of code she was supposed to maintain so she deleted it.
>she deleted it.
>she
fucker did you just assume xir gender?

Why use Firefox in current year? Or Windoze, for that matter?

>check browser

Why do they fuck up the last usable non botnet browser?
Years ago they already removed many customization features and I still haven't gotten over it.

I WAS SO CLOSE TO FINDING MY PERFECT MOUSE IN THE DM1 PRO S BUT THE SCROLL WHEEL IS LOOSE AS A WHORE'S FUCKING FLOPPY TWAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Numbers are hard and confusing. The diversity officer that reviews all git commits said to remove it to make it less intimidating (aka Nazi-like).

Reminder that if you use Linux you should not be using FIrefox because it does not support ALSA (aka sound).

Firefox makes you install this a virus called PulseAudio onto your system. bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1345661

you're an idiot

The other day someone here in this very board was quite butthurt at me and other user because we said that software is increasingly getting inefficient and normie-oriented.

What now?

>increasingly getting inefficient and normie-oriented
The day accessing the internet no longer required dialing into a server was the day that technology became normie oriented.

How?

Tell me your ways senpai pls

hes showing the library.

click Show All Downloads
fuck, Sup Forums has gotten retarded

Nah, Mozilla is retarded for needing unnecessary steps to get previous functionality

how do I get firefox 64-bit on windows?

>fuck, Sup Forums has gotten retarded
that implies Sup Forums was not retarded at some point in time

Install gentoo

Big numbers and time stamps are too confusing for minorities, so that feature was racist and had to be removed. Orders came straight down from Mozilla's Diversity Officer.

Press ctrl j retard

if it has access to the filename it probably has access to the other values

I prefer to draw that line on the release of the first iPhone, 2007 or so. Before that the internet did exist and normies did use it, but it wasn't so insanely hyped. As I see it the "mobile revolution" gave voice to a lot of very dumb people with very stupid ideas who manipulated normies to the current state of affairs.

Meanwhile the tech industry started to become increasingly ideological instead of focusing on actual development.

Did I seriously just read this on Sup Forums? Now I know why I keep seeing retards recommending Waterfox.

So tell me retard, how do I get firefox 64-bit for windows?

>As I see it the "mobile revolution" gave voice to a lot of very dumb people with very stupid ideas who manipulated normies to the current state of affairs.

could you be more specific?

>windows
No man, you are the baka.

thanks

they also removed to small progress bar next to the download button. why they would do that is beyond me

want me to teach you how to use a search engine?

get off your high horse fucking peasant virgin script kiddie

Yes please

t. phoneposter

That's fine though, they just made the download button itself act as a download bar. It's black by default and fills up to blue to show the progress.

Because it gave voice to crazy people who would never be heard normally, like Anita Sarkeesian for example. People who appear to be very intelligent if you have almost no brain (aka a normie), and normies feel the need to follow people with very vocal ideas who *seem* like they are intelligent and know what they are talking about.

And it's vocal people, not smart people, who are ruling tech companies now. And they don't care about technology, just about getting their opinions heard, attention and money (while claiming they hate the 1%, kek).

That's why the other day at work I had 5 tabs in Firefox taking up more RAM and CPU usage than fucking Inkscape. Also Mass Effect: Andromeda.

This trend is something I have been noticing for the last 5 years but I feel like no one cares.

this the real reason

summerfag

I wouldn't blame the "mobile revolution" for such things as much as I would people's lack of discretion in general

>you can just go out of your way to open a full tab instead of using the convenience of the download preview function that no longer has a purpose
Wow, thanks moshilla

SHIT FUCK CUNTS
DEBIAN JUST UPDATED MY FURRYFUCKS TO VERSION 52.2 ESR AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT.
Not only do the menus stopped looking native but also the select file window changed into a crappy shit.
Fuck my life.

wow what a hassle
amirite

I agree that mobiles are not inherently bad, it's how normies ended up using it, hyping everything about it, not using their brains and letting someone else do the thinking for them. Maybe society wasn't ready for such a drastic change in the way we connect to people.

But again if I had to pick a point in time where technology (and the world in general) began to get shitty, I would pick the late 2000s for the reasons I have mentioned previously.

>people still use vanilla firefox over a fork
Even google botnet is preferable

I use waterfox because the icon is blue

Yeah, it is. It used to be able to, so why cant it anymore?

lol no

I don't like it.