Why the fuck do you people say "lol poorfags" as an insult when people say that a piece of technology is overpriced...

why the fuck do you people say "lol poorfags" as an insult when people say that a piece of technology is overpriced? being frugal and knowing the value of a dollar are major characteristics that predict upward economic mobility

if anything, if you're willing to overpay on something like an iphone or an intel processor, you're MORE likely to be a poorfag and you're MORE likely to stay a poorfag.

>people

>you're MORE likely to be a poorfag and you're MORE likely to stay a poorfag
And you're more likely to become a poorfag also.

>being so assblasted you had to make a thread about it
you could just grow up and learn not to take everything on here so seriously instead

you responded to it so where does that put you?

Most of the "le poorfag xD" comments comes from literal manchildren arguing over a GPU or wage cucks pretending to be upper class because they've got the last iPhone (don't even ask how are they going to pay for it).
People naturally tend to pretend, but the lower IQ you have the more prevalent this trait is.

>you responded to it so where does that put you?
you responded to it so where does that put you?

Sup Forums is an advertisement board.

People who think that money makes them better than others are inherently insecure. You hear about rich people that look poor, they're the people who are most at ease with themselves.

>T. Poorfag

Show me a billionaire who uses a $60 chinkpad.

Basically this.
If you had the money would you honestly use the chinkpad with the bad resolution?

The poorfag meme is real.

Literally the richest person on the planet.

That was a brand new Thinkpad that probably costs around $3000 when the picture was taken.

because he owns shares in apple

I agree to some extent. It's definitely more rewarding to try and squeeze more out of older or cheaper tech and save some money. in the past few years I've been reading about stoicism and early retirement (mrmoneymoustache and earlyretirementextreme). My perspective has changed, holding back rather than spending money all the time for convenience actually has a benefit as you are forced learn more.

It's easier to get pussy with conspicuous signs of wealth though. Yes sluts will like your gold plated iphone.

overpriced is a relative term and there are a lot of NEETS here so even $20 is a ton of money to them

Fkn lol
Makes sense

Based on this it's safe to say half of Sup Forums is poor and trying really hard to hide it
Dudes who run Linux on :x200s must be rolling in dough

lol poorfag

nah im rollin in dough (well above average anyway) and have a maxed 2015 macbook pro. I won't be replacing any time soon though.

in agreement with op, retard

Billionaire here. Can confirm I use a used T60

I've bought $10 and $20 smartphones, they do what I need, just run a few apps.

There is two scenarios.
The first is when you get a worse product to save a small amount.
The second is when you buy at a wrong time because you didn't plan for it.

Being poor means you make decisions based on the your situation right now.
It costs more to make bad purchases which is why poor people stay poor.

Are Amazon Fires chinkpads? I'm sure Bezos uses one.

Was nice buying HD 8 for $60 or whatever

I have been poor for a long time as I supported myself through school.
There is a lot of people here who are students and it is a fair assumption that they are all poor too.
But being poor temporarily is a lot easier to deal with than for people who have no way to get out of the situation.
I can live with "bad" resolution computer for a few years, I just finished my master thesis on a beat up x220 I had to tape together.
But I don't have any debt and I have a job right away, so I don't consider myself poor anymore.

Intelshitters have an inferiority complex.