/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread AB edition.

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/SLdgTiuc
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

auckland.overdrive.com
random.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not pirating black people memes this time?

Shit OP

1 animebits pls

No, sir! Not us!

hope you're backing up your data

someone's backing it up

literally the worst OP of 2017 so far

7th for
>I SEE

no news...

No news?

N O N E W S
O
N
E
W
S

now that the dust is been settled can we all agree that What.CD was the reddit of private trackers?
>high variety of qualit content
>good moderation
>large and friendly userbase

>nyaa.se down
>apollo.rip down
At last I see

selling red invites 2000btc each

[email protected]

I'm probably the only person on the internet who almost exclusively consumes books and anime and I already have an invite so I don't know what the fug the point of opening invitations is if no one is going to join up.

AB recruitment on RED today

Only for a week.

>Why yes, it does concern me that my favourite meme wasn't included in the latest OP

Tell me again how many users BIB has? Then I want you to tell me how /MARKED/ you are.

About 7k

Very.

When is RED going to to a freeleech?

I'm betting 50 tokens for the 1m celebration.
Or 25 and 25 more if used like the other time.

MOTW out

MOTW is out friends

nice nice

Does Bib have many foreign books? I'm interested in reading more than just English.

What language?

No site has enough books but I take every site that I can possibly get.

Dutch or German?

AB recruiting somewhere?

Post an email and I'll get back to you sooner or later

see

It's only recruiting on bibliotik.

I wish Bib had a shitty invite forum so people's incentive to join wouldn't be HDB. This way it would probably be easier to join too.

[email protected]

>I wish Bib had a shitty invite forum so people's incentive to join wouldn't be HDB
Upload more books for me baka

What do you mean?

Well, the whole reason most people want to join Bib is HDB it seems.

Bibliotik has the most amazing invite forum but of course hdbits now has a tonne of baka members like me who don't really give a shit about movies.

And when that link isn't there anymore I don't think so many people would still be interested.

How do I get into bib?

>5th day
>scc niggers still downloading on public trackers
>apl niggers still downloading on public trackers
I see

But how would Bib having a shitty invite forum change that? Do you mean HDB would remove their recruitment? And what would be easier to join?
That doesn't fucking matter for HDB when they're 3000 users under the limit and Bib has maybe 1000 users tops that even qualify for the HDB recruitment.

>mfw AB recruitment on Bib is real

It's clearly a motive to get people to upload books which I am quite grateful for.

Tell them you're admin at Nebulance. :^)

>But how would Bib having a shitty invite forum change that?
a shitty invite forum means one less reason to join the tracker. I'm Elite on AB just for the invites desu
>Do you mean HDB would remove their recruitment?
yes
>And what would be easier to join?
Bib, since less people are trying to join it

It becomes ratioless when you upload 100 books, right?
Also, what is the start buffer to begin with?

>Also, what is the start buffer to begin with?
I can't remember sorry but I think it was 0.

>It becomes ratioless when you upload 100 books, right?
Yes I recommend uploading retail ebooks because these are impossible to trump. The requirement for Bibliotik recruitment is ALWAYS access to an overdrive (almost every library should give you access to one if you have a library card) or similar equivalent. If you are a student you will usually have access to ebscohost or eblib or similar which is considered overdrive equivalent I have heard.

>It becomes ratioless when you upload 100 books, right?
Not just books, any uploads (can be audiobooks, magazines, etc.)
>Also, what is the start buffer to begin with?
0, but you're ratioless up until 2GB download, and even after that the ratio requirement is very low.

They might do some non-FL picks and give some tokens again too. I managed to build some buffer by using my tokens on those picks.

Also, if you don't have Overdrive just go to auckland.overdrive.com and input 1011010xxxxxx, replacing those x with whatever digits you like. If it doesn't work try again.

Aesome find user

I'm a student so I have access to tons of scientific papers and I'm pretty sure my mom is a library member so I can use her overdrive. Where can I apply?
>Currently recruits from BTN
I was one month too short on TC...

>you're ratioless up until 2GB download
Oh I think that'll cover my needs for a while

Bibliotik has always been closed as a fuck unfortunately. Even when what.cd was open, it took me almost a year to get into it (I started the whole private tracker RPG over it and it was the only one that I wanted.)

You'd want a myanonamouse account if you don't already have one, though.

And RE:overdrives they never check for them but back on what.cd the full requirements were:
1) Overdrive access
2) Power user class (25 GB upload, 5 things uploaded)
3) 6 months

I do, it too often doesn't cover my needs, though.

Guess I'm gonna wait on the RED recruitment then because I'm Elite there and have overdrive thanks to this kind user

>just go to auckland.overdrive.com and input 1011010xxxxxx, replacing those x with whatever digits you like. If it doesn't work try again.
what the h*ck is this meme?? I was told to do this before and I must have tried over 100 combinations and it still doesn't work.

Where does BIB recruit?

They never really check for them so generally it's not necessary to try and bruteforce card numbers.

Anyone know what evil plans spaghettio is up to??

No they haven't. They recruited on What.CD for god's sake.
They do check on bB. They check whether you have retail ebook uploads.
It's not a meme, you're doing it wrong. I've done it twice and it worked.

FUCK
YOUR
NEWS

Like I said it's impossible to get into if you already aren't in the top tier trackers but PTP and BTN

They didn't check on Bibliotik when I got in.

They recruit on bB. They check if you have uploaded retail ebooks to bB.

>I must have tried over 100 combinations and it still doesn't work
LOL nerd

I tried about 20 different combinations and none worked. Any more hints to get one that works?

>falling for the meme
I think this is probably one of /ptg/'s finest memes

bB is currently closed. Which is unfortunate as I have been trying to get in for a while. Need all dem book sources.

>he doesn't know the secret code

Worry about it when bibliotik recruitment actually starts.

>tfw i'm and i just got one that works after about 30 attempts

Here is my story with GGn and why i left, inb4 my personal blog

a few months ago i saw a request on GGn with a pretty solid GB reward for a GoG game
so i decided to buy the game from GoG

i got the game and upload it, sweet right?

next morning when i go check i see my upload it trumpable because of [misssing content].. i was like what the fuck?? i go check and it seems i didnt upload 3 wallpapers that came with the game... like what the fuck 3 shitty wallpapers

literally 1h after that my upload gets taken down and a new one comes up with my game and someone added the 3 wallpapers (probably just got them on google image search)

so tldr i paid 20$ to fill a request and it got trumped because of 3 low quality wallpapers, the new uploader download my torrent and added the screenshots and deleted my upload, i didnt even get upload credit

this feels like an /r/trackers post

i ain't readin that nigguh, shorten it to 2 sentences or less and remove reddit spacing

Use random number generator nerd
I just tried like 10 times and it worked

are you dumb or what? at the bottom is the tldr you fucking ADHD faggot

I really want an Auckland account also ;_;

>high variety of qualit content
yes
>good moderation
no
>large and friendly userbase
somewhat

random.org/
Set the max value to 999999
Try your luck, I'm not going to spoonfeed you, faggot

Why does AB allow that liretally everyone can upload shitty torrents?

Some nigger just uploded a TV rip of a series (200MB per ep) while there is a BD verison available...

what the actual fuck?

Holy shit, first try jesus

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

What's community was SJW as hell.

How fucked am I that torrent-invites.com database leaked?

Good for you, now try to get a bib account

This is why you should never contribute on private trackers. They are filled with autistic faggots that see nothing whatsoever wrong with what happened there.

You should do the absolute bare minimum in order to access relevant invite forums and/or maintain the lowest ratio you can get away with in order to not get disabled. These people do not deserve anything from you. Don't give them anything.

Do anything you can to avoid being a useful user. You want to essentially cheat your way to moving up user classes. Make sure that anything you upload for class requirements is completely fucking useless shit that nobody will ever download, you're just filling the quota. Your upload should be coming from abusing freeleech shit or /pyramid/ bullshit, not providing unique content, filling requests, or anything like that.

Never post on forums, never comment on torrents, never go on IRC, never do anything at all that gives you even the tiniest bit of notoriety. You want to be as close to anonymous on there as possible. You should be like a ghost, nobody should know you're on there.

Thankyou for the books user.

this stupid shit works,lol

I just wonder how the hell user discovered it

if you have a card there it seems easy to guess it, this security is awful.

The Kiwis are too chill.

So? Don't fucking download it nigger.

Someone who is actually a member with Auckland libraries will have noticed that the login is 1011010[your 6-digit membership number] and there's no password protection or anything. All you need to do is randomly guess 6-digit combinations and you will eventually get a correct one.

This exactly. This is also why 312c is happy to mark and ban /ptg/ members.

w-what happens if the account we all guessed is actually user's account?

I have absolutely no time for that disgusting scumbag. He can think whatever he likes. I learnt the hard way that he's not someone to be reasoned with, he is the sole reason that I have this mentality towards private trackers that I now have. Fortunately he wasn't able to keep me away from PTP permanently, it's been a long time since he orchestrated my "global" (lol) ban, I've been a PTP member on my new account way longer than I ever was on my original account.

1 in a million chance that any randomly guessed combination will be user's account. Chances are it will never be guessed.