Should I sell my XFX RX 480 for $400+ and get a GTX 1070?

Should I sell my XFX RX 480 for $400+ and get a GTX 1070?

I sold my msi 480 for 400 burgers and got a 1080 for 150 bucks, dream big

Did you buy a used 1080? Also where? Also I live in a major city hopefully it sells fast on craigslist.

Considering the RX480 is sought after by miners and GTX1070 gets more performance in games instead.
Why not?
If you want gaming performance and can get it cheaper you should go for it.
Eitherway, sell it since VEGA is coming out soon and I think you'll manage on iGPU until that release.
Also wait for Volta since those might surely be faster than VEGA, but then VEGA will drop in price hopefully before miners start buying that as well.

Thats exactly what i did. MSI 480 went for 400 on the craigslist

>wait for Vega
>but then wait for Volta

OP don't listen to these people you will never stop waiting for as long as you live.

dat samefagging

100% yes

GTX 1070s and 1060s are being bought by fucking miners now and stocks are drying up.

Seeing how the stocks have dried up should I wait to charge more or just put on Craigslist and sell it for 450+. I sold my old 280 to some sucker for 100.

Start mining, in four months you'll make like 440 bucks

>9 posters
>10 replies

Where do I start?
Wut?

yeah problem is bubble may pop any day and minning suddenly becomes 5 - 10x less lucrative

but if you are able to hold coins for longer period of time you may earn lot during next bubbles

Eventually the bubble pops and the market gets flooded with burnt out miner 480s
Get 400 out of it then get a 1070.
1070 can also mine almost as good as a 480

>buying nvidia later
enjoy your 1 month gpu that's why no one use that crap for mining

Anyone know how much I can get for a 1070 so I can put towards when Vega release?

Vega is DOA dude

Tbh I use my gpu mostly for games and video editing. Should I hold out until vega and buy a 1070 or 1080 with my profit?

Is it? If so should I just buy a 1070 or a use 1080 and call it a day?

Bought the Asus rx480 Strix OC for around 250 a few month ago, thinking about selling it for 350-400 now. But I don't really care about gaming, I need a card that runs 2 4k screens @ 60Hz, no vidya. Can you guys recommend one?

Hell yes, I sold mine and bought a fucking 1080. Go for it before the bubble pops, get 430$ out of it at least.

How so, Mr. Huang?

Get a 1070 for 379 shekels and go aways

1070 or 1080 I plan on getting a fancy ultrawide later this year a 1070 or 1080 will power one. How much more was the 1080 and where did you get one from? Do you recommend getting a used 1080 instead of a new 1070?

You're an idiot.

I'm okay.

he's just trolling, latest workstation bench leak vega outperforms titan xp

but consider your budget 'cause vega is enthusiast territory at least on the relevant end afaik just get 1070 or 1080

selling a 480 and getting a 1080 wtf seriously though look at the prices, Nvidia but esp. AMD need to segment their market better unless they want everyone on a cloud so fast

mining on nvidia was totally cucktier back in the early days of mining pre-hundred but just can't underestimate desperation for the rush

You quoted the wrong post, right?

>titan xp
>workstation
>not quadro

>he's just trolling, latest workstation bench leak vega outperforms titan xp

Even the Quadro P4000 is faster than Vega Frontier

am i gonna be able to sell my 1070 for stupid money soon?

Well I wanted your opinion, about the 1070 vs the 1080. Ill probably go with a 1070.

yea, wait for VEGA so 1070/1080 prices drop

No, they are shit for mining and they are only good for gaymen and video editing.

I'm the poster in I have no idea if the 1070 or the 1080 is a valid go for you since I don't game, I just need a cheap card able to run 2 4k screens @ 60Hz for desktop/reading/youtube and some stock market programs.

I nearly dropped 5k for a quadro as a collectors item keepsake for the gains on the upcoming self-driving meme to frame it for my grand-children but consider that frontier still meets the expectation on titan xp which is the real 1080

Quadro vs top threadripper build with 2x Vegas in crossfire

Radeon Instinct also looking very promising as alternative on enterprise, I know newvidyas edge and established foothold but Vega is currently hitting the target at a $1kish price point, Volta to respond then Navi is somewhat of a moment of truth

These miners 10 years late at the party and the complexity dropped less than 6 months ago, why does price drive demand when you can forecast earlier ffs, cloud gaming incoming

drm/rfid GPUs plz because miners are afking prices

*bench

1070's generally cost the same as 1080's now thanks to miners, may not be the case everywhere but prices sure have gone up on 1060's and 1070's compared to a month ago.

That said ive seen some 1080's on eBay for $450 with best offer, sell the 480 and get a 1080.

Pretty large upgrade for almost no extra money.

To be fair the announced 1070/1080 price drop on 1080 Ti totally didn't happen

It runs really HOT. I would not recommend it.

They did not bench it with the cheaper Quadro (p5000 or p4000) but the Titan X with the (((non optimized ocked drivers))) because AMD can't compete. BTW I wish than the TDP is not real.

(You)

There are 1080 going for $500 may be time to sell the 1070 for $400 and upgrade

430$ from the official newegg ebay portal. get a used 1080 for real, while i was looking for one on craigslist in my area i found a 1080 FE for 300$ and an aorus SUPER GAYMEN EDITION for 450$ and the prices for a new 1080 are around the same for lower end stuff (avoid zotac though, they're sketchy as hell)
right now the 1080 is cheap because it doesn't have a side hustle. the 1070 is an amazing password cracker, the AMD polaris cards mine bitcoin and the 1080 just plays games. no destiny 2 with my 1080 though :(

Not possible with bit rush idiot

Hey can you link it please? I cant seem to find it.

It went back away, the Gigabyte Windforce G1 was what I picked up. I'd recommend a subreddit like /r/buildapcsales to keep track, these deals pop up all the time.

How powerful is the 1080 compared to a 1070 ?

You can see for yourself but as far as I know, a lot faster.

I sold my shit power color 480 4gb for $390 and got a 980ti

wondering if i should sell my r9 390 and do this. Could sell it for $330, pretty much same price I got it for and upgrade to a 1070 for 70 bucks.

Get a 1080 they go New for 1070 price + $100

What's best place to sell a 1070?

No one is going to pay that much for your used card dude.

Considering Vegas low release stock will probably get bought up by miners instantly its probably best to go pascal with a solid aftermarket cooler right now instead of waiting. We won't be able to buy normal priced aftermarket Vega until late 2017 and even then its only expected to match the 1080ti

My man, I sold my sapphire 480 for $450 and bought an EVGA 1080 SC for $520. Hell of a fuckin upgrade

is the 380 worth any bitcoin money somewhere? All the listings I see for them on ebay are like $150 max, super disappointing

perhaps you haven't been paying attention
thanks to ethtards, the polaris architecture radeon cards (rx prefix) are selling at 100-200 dollars more than MSRP. I sold mine and bought a 1080. If you have a 480 or a 470, you can make some serious dosh right now.
Sorry dude, fraid not.

Who the fuck would pay $400 for basically sub GTX 970 performance?

This so much. Fuck AMD.

please see

>If you have a 480 or a 470, you can make some serious dosh right now

Or a 290(X)/390(X). They're going for $250-300. Sold my 290X for $255 last week, not even boxed or anything.

How do you guys document that your GPU was working, incase some scumbag tries to scam you on ebay?

That's what I just did

how long till the ethereum mining bubble bursts and peope sell 5/480s for 100 bucks a pop?

The problem is Vega isn't out yet and I want FreeSync support, so even if I sell my RX 480 for a profit, I have no gaming GPU left.

>watercooled 1070

i had a picture of it in the system, running, with mcbotnet (TM) metadata of the night before i made the listing.

Get a g sync monitor. if you cant afford it you dont deserve to game on a pc anyways

What's with this sudden resurgence in GPU mining? I thought ASICs replaced GPUs for cryptoshit.

Wtf is that an AC plug for a PCIE card

Need to know this so I can sell my 1070 when Vega comes and trade in

Never.

This is the 21st century gold rush. This time even more profitable than the 2013 rush. Your wife's grandchildren will ask why you didn't participate.

Wow, keep telling yourself that bud

is the sapphire nitro fury worth that much too?

Where do you live where ANY gpus are still in stock?
In EU you can't buy any amd (obviously) and no nvidia above gtx 1060

t. nocoiner

Yeah where the fuck is it?