Debian 9.0 released

>how come nobody is talking about the new systemd 9.0 stable release?
cuz it's shit.

I like systemd

its the default init system. However you can choose a another one. Like Gnome is the default DE but you can still other ones.

Nobody runs Debian stable. You're either on Debian Sid or Ubuntu (LTS).

>"new" distro releases
>it's years old already

If you distro dosen't have systemd, it's plain unusable BSD tier literal garbo that wincucks like to talk about.

Fuck off

hey I agree with the systemd part but BSD is good

8.0 already defaulted to systemd you tard.

Same.
Feels good to have nothing to hide.

how well does that work with the rest of the package universe?+

Debian is not comfy at all.
>kde retarded trash functions like someone from steampunk world built it
>xfce is older than my grandpa
>gnome is retarded because gnomes shouldn't get anywhere near computers
>mate is nice but it lost its edge
Nothing is comfier than ubuntu and unity. I don't have a week to setup all this random shit. With ubuntu all i need to do is change icons, different theme, different font, load ath9k, and I'm g2g

Too bad Ubuntu unity is effectively dead (other than LTS), Ubuntu Gnome is the new default.

tfw xfce live images are broken

also here's my current desktop, it's not done yet

how the fuck can something with 2 year old packages be so buggy kek

I run debian stable on all my servers.

I have debian 8 'jessie' sitting on a HD I haven't updated to 9 yet because I got sidetracked with GuixSD and don't think I'll go back. Prob just make that old debian drive into another storage space for Guix.

Haters hate on Ubuntu, but remember it is REDHAT behind the SyndromeD cancer. SyndromeD is everything wrong with Linux today.

I never looked back after going to Ubuntu LTS. You're basically forced to pull packages from testing if you wanna run an even relatively modern server environment.

That or you're gonna be compiling a like of stuff.

don't download dogshit software that requires systemdick in your ass

have you even tried testing thousands of packages to see if every single one works correctly and do not break each other?

they didn't either

>xfce is older than my grandpa
You do realise xfce hasn't been updated in 2 years right? It has nothing to do with debian being old. Stop using deprecated DE.

Not a huge fan of systemd myself. However I am a fan of Debian. Debian is much more than just it's init system.

Devuan just became first stable too maybe uae that

You can't install software if it explicitly depends on systemd. Like you know, on any distro that doesn't ship systemd.

>You're basically forced to pull packages from testing if you wanna run a even relatively hipster server environment.

Mixing Debian distributions is verboten.

Fuck off back to Arch.

it's a fucking init system

There was a thread that went past the bump limit and fell off the board. Not everything has to have persistent threads.

No wait there's still one up. Apparently everything does need persistent threads.

JUST

>cuz it's shit.
That, and most people are occupied with trying to make it work. Lots of bugs etc.

I run Debian Stable on my server.

There was a release thread yesterday. People have been talking about it, just not with you around because you're a faggot.

If it's good, why it doesn't have systemd?