Don't mind me, I'm just downloading music, movies, books and software!

>Don't mind me, I'm just downloading music, movies, books and software!

Seems like he's stealing a wallet though.

>Don't mind me, I'm just stealing bread and fish!

>specific imprints of past sound waves can be copyrighted

piracy is actually more along the lines of this

>not downloading shit several times so the copyright holder loses more money

Don't worry, God has the copyright to them.

I don't remember giving you permission to download this post.

Piracy is sharing, don't communists love sharing?

So true my friend

Actually it's more like this

It's kinda stupid because they dont lose any money, they actually don't earn this is the thing, not buying the thing and pirating it is kind of the same in their side but they hate it that you enjoy the thing without buying

dont mind me i already paid for the internet to browse whatever the fuck i want and download whatever the fuck i want so long as animals or children arent harmed in the process you fucking autistic fascist faggot

I'm pretty sure they lose money, the MPAA and RIAA told me so. One time I saw the money actually flying out of Jay-Z's pocket on stage, it went up through an air duct presumably to the nearest router.

I have an idea:
Make copyright non-transferable from a primary artist only, and let it expire in 5 years strict.

It'll lessen the problem dramatically.

I'm a total freedom of copyright supporter but 5 years is far too short. It should be at least cover the bulk of the lifetime of the creator. Maybe 30 years or so.

You're not very convincing when you're illegally using a licensed image yourself

this
what we had was some 65 years, and then disney almost lost mickey because of that (they un-ironically cash out on the public domain through fairy tales) so disney went ape-shit and now fucking everything is untouchable for ever
so yeah, lets do this, I guess we need to go fight club on skyscrapers now and make this out of the chaos

Copyright is not welfare, don't pretend it should be.
5 years might be a tad short, but 30 is far too long. The goal should be, as the Constitution expresses, to "promote the progress of the sciences and useful arts"
As we have seen for the last near-century, welfare never does that.

damn that is a small dick

>picture unrelated